Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 154882 times)

TNAngler

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #300 on: March 02, 2020, 07:44:01 AM »

Canucks started off looking good against the Blue Jackets but then fell apart.  Got to watch the highlights.  That sucks.

Preds got absolutely screwed Saturday.  Didn't play the best and got down 2-0 but then scored 1 on a break away and then with 5 minutes left scored but were called for goalie interference.  Definitely should not have been the call for so many reasons.  First, the guy stopped before touching the goalie but then a defenseman comes in and crosschecks in the back right into the goalie so not his fault, guess that is two, should have been a cross checking call and not a goalie interference but should not have been goalie interference because he was blocked in.  Third, the puck was already by the goalie before contact was made, possibly even in the net before contact was made.  However, since the ref called goalie interference, there was no review allowed.  So, instead of tied game, the goal was disallowed and we spent 2 of the last 3 minutes on the penalty kill.  They should so totally be able to use video review to get an important call like that right.  Heck, if they had called it a goal it would have been instantly reviewed for goalie interference but because they called it no goal there was no review.  Should work both ways.  Sucks when it happens to your team but sucks all the time that the refs decide a game with a wrong call.

Since you guys lost and Calgary won, you are now our target for taking over first wild card spot.  Lot of teams grouped right around us.  Going to be an interesting stretch.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #301 on: March 02, 2020, 07:49:40 AM »

Stupid penalties. Rousell should hang his head in shame. If your stick is going near the opponents feet,surely to Schmitt you need to be aware especially after you just got away with a slash. There's 2 points that you need but can't  get back because  of lazy or selfish penalties. Maybe a game or two in the press box might help with self discipline.
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #302 on: March 02, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »

Hopefully Canucks get back to their winning ways in front of home fans.
Rusell gets "carried away" and goes into the sin bin.
No discipline.
TNA that really sucks.
Tying goal & yous get it taken away plus get a penalty.
Refs have shafted your team a lot this season.
Yes vid review would of got the call correct.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »

Hopefully Canucks get back to their winning ways in front of home fans.
Rusell gets "carried away" and goes into the sin bin.
No discipline.
TNA that really sucks.
Tying goal & yous get it taken away plus get a penalty.
Refs have shafted your team a lot this season.
Yes vid review would of got the call correct.
Heading out of the playoffs now.Bring out the clubs.

TNAngler

« Reply #304 on: March 03, 2020, 08:08:12 AM »

We followed up the last performance with two hard fought periods.  Fell down 2-0 after the first but fought back to tie it, gave up another then tied it again and ended the 2nd tied 3-3.  Then came out in the third completely flat with no energy, no care, no desire, nothing and proceeded to give up 5 goals in the 3rd.  It was ugly.  Can't play like that when you are a bubble team.  So disappointing.

Sounds like you guys are in a similar spot.  Good teams buckle down and get it done here at the end of the season.  Both our teams seem to be buckling and fading rather than growing stronger.  I realize it is a long season and guys are tired but keep playing like this and it will be a very long off season too.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #305 on: March 03, 2020, 10:25:53 AM »

Heading out of the playoffs now.Bring out the clubs.
Ouch ! After reading this felt a jab or pain like I sat on a thumb tack.
Words can come thru the electronic airwaves & can literally slap a guy.
Chris I hope you catch a fish the same size of Roddy.
Something has really stirred you up.
Me what have I done to receive such a painful comment ?
Me I have never ever posted anything bad about the Toronto Maple Leafs.
In fact never lied ever ! I have never ever lied in my entire life !!!!    ::)
Go Canucks Go  ( get into the playoffs ...please )

arimaBOATER

« Reply #306 on: March 03, 2020, 10:32:05 AM »

We followed up the last performance with two hard fought periods.  Fell down 2-0 after the first but fought back to tie it, gave up another then tied it again and ended the 2nd tied 3-3.  Then came out in the third completely flat with no energy, no care, no desire, nothing and proceeded to give up 5 goals in the 3rd.  It was ugly.  Can't play like that when you are a bubble team.  So disappointing.

Sounds like you guys are in a similar spot.  Good teams buckle down and get it done here at the end of the season.  Both our teams seem to be buckling and fading rather than growing stronger.  I realize it is a long season and guys are tired but keep playing like this and it will be a very long off season too.
Yous did the same as the Canucks did in the 3rd period in Columbus.
( only yous worst ! )
Floodgates openned up. Seen kids crying in the stands.
Time for the Canucks & Nashville to lace up their skates tighter.
EDIT IN: TNA ...watched the 6 pm tv news & heard about tornados hitting Nashville.
Very serious damage & loss of life.
Sorry to hear about that.
If not one thing it's another thing...
Good news bad news in this world.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 07:36:50 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2020, 07:53:35 AM »

Yeah, lucky we had no damage.  Went north of us by about a half hour drive which is still way too close but last I heard was 19 dead.  Know a couple people who had their apartment building hit and while they are alive thankfully, they no longer have a place to live.  Very scary.  I know that likely affected our guys last night as they started out pretty flat with some boneheaded plays.

Then they just couldn't get any puck luck.  Get a shot from the outside, goalie is able to block it but not smother it, we have 3 guys around the goalie within 2 feet, closest defender is 5 feet out, so have all angles covered but the bounce is weird and goes over one of the guys stick and the defense is able to grab it.  Should have been an easy goal.  Games in hand only help if you win them and we aren't.  We are now out of the playoff position... again.  Hope both of us can turn it around and knock out some of those above us.  Otherwise it will be a long offseason.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »

Ouch ! After reading this felt a jab or pain like I sat on a thumb tack.
Words can come thru the electronic airwaves & can literally slap a guy.
Chris I hope you catch a fish the same size of Roddy.
Something has really stirred you up.
Me what have I done to receive such a painful comment ?
Me I have never ever posted anything bad about the Toronto Maple Leafs.
In fact never lied ever ! I have never ever lied in my entire life !!!!    ::)
Go Canucks Go  ( get into the playoffs ...please )
They lost again tonight poor you, FA, Nova and a few others will have another sleepless night Well I guess you all will be getting used of it now. ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »

And how did your Make Beliefs do ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #310 on: March 05, 2020, 02:28:09 AM »

They lost again tonight poor you, FA, Nova and a few others will have another sleepless night Well I guess you all will be getting used of it now. ;)
"Sleepless night" ...what time is it? 2:21 am
I normally get zzzzzzzz but with Canucks self implosion ( finding new ways to lose ...4 straight loses ) lately only get zzzzz s
Less zzz s
What would FA say at a time like this ? ( respond to Chris kicking sand in our Canuck fan faces )
Oh ya ..At least we did not lose to an emergency practise goalie taken from the stands pressed into service !!!
 ;D ;D ;D
I feel sleepy now. Goodnight Everybo....zzzzzzzzz
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 02:31:33 AM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #311 on: March 05, 2020, 10:44:13 AM »

Sorry you guys lost last night.  Letting Arizon win puts them tied with you and 2 points ahead of us.  We are supposed to work together to keep these other teams beat out.  Hoping for a win tonight against Dallas but doesn't look good for us.  Play them early on Saturday on national TV so you can all watch us lose.  11 am your time.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2020, 03:13:08 PM »

Sorry you guys lost last night.  Letting Arizon win puts them tied with you and 2 points ahead of us.  We are supposed to work together to keep these other teams beat out.  Hoping for a win tonight against Dallas but doesn't look good for us.  Play them early on Saturday on national TV so you can all watch us lose.  11 am your time.
Win one for TNA.
Yes let's work together as you say.
Yous did not trade your very best top 4 players on your team as requested a few wks back.
( for future considerations )
So yous were first not wanting to work together.
( but again TNA thoughts/prayers for Nashville as these tornados were really really bad. Not sure what the final death count will be... In Tupelo (sp) Tenn. in 1930s Elvis just a young kid tornados hit I think 200-400 people died. Lots of twisters in those parts. Scary. Need underground shelters on property & emergency sirens in neighbourhoods.
Good  business  to start up.
Go Canucks Go Go Nashville Go.

TNA watch out for Chris. He may post a comment about Predators dusting off their golf clubs.
I'm still "All shock up" by his vicious verbal attack on us friendly peaceful all is well Don't worry be happy Canuck fans FA Nova & yours truly.  He told us the Canucks will be golfing soon.
He had been kicking sand in FA Nova & my face all week.  :-\

TNAngler

« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2020, 08:13:27 AM »

Wouldn't be a great business as there are sirens located almost everywhere already and most places are built with a room that is secure enough.  I think the death toll is up to 24 or maybe 27.  There were something like 180 injured and a whole lot dealing with damage or finding a new place to live.  Had an emotion couple moments of silence last night for everything.  Many other teams have been giving money to help too.  It was kinda funny that Minnesota donated a bunch when we played them, a bunch of other teams gave half of their 50/50 drawings to the effort but Dallas hadn't done anything which is who we were playing.  By the end of the game they had corrected the situation.  I know a lot of the guys were out volunteering the day before the game, some with chain saws cutting downed limbs.  Really brought the community together.

Got the win last night too.  Dominated actually, 2-0 shut out and there were a couple loose pucks around the net but they were all cleared out and we had a lot of very high danger chances.  It really wasn't much of a competition which was good to see.  We are tied with you guys pending tonight's game.  We play tomorrow early, 1 Central, and most of the rest in our group play Sunday so will be a couple days before we know how all of these games are going to play out.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2020, 03:15:26 AM »

Wow near 30 dead. So sad. Plus at night it hit. People in their bed & sirens going off. Terrifying.
So congrads on W.
Guess it's hard to really fully enjoy sports when you see the suffering in the area.
Our Canucks got a big win 6-3 over Avs.
It was a very close game right to the end.
4-3 Canucks in the 3rd & Avs were getting many chances...looked like they would tie it up.
Then Canucks get a goal 5-3 Avs pull their goalie with over 2 minutes to go..
We score in the open net.
6-3 final.  Both teams were really skating hard. Demko was on his game & the Canucks put the extra effort to end the losing streak.