Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 165304 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2020, 10:02:39 AM »

Oh my! Can't you see the athleticism  involved in darts? Hours and hours developing the perfect beer gut Toby cars  give the exact  core balance to hit the board. Do you know how much beer is needed for that?

Next thing you're probably going to take a shot at is the poker athletes and the amount of muscle  they develop  picking up those heaby cards, never mind the 4 hours a day training requirements for deadlifting the chips.

Have you no shame?
http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2020, 01:29:00 PM »

"....next thing you're going to take a shot at is the poker athletes....."
?????
Nova I never took a shot or was critical of Darts or ...poker players.....but tell ya one thing both so called "sports" have ZERO interest to me.
As you say very clearly ...both are not physical & an old granny 105 yrs old could throw a dart or play poker   ;D ;D ;D
My comment was I put on GUIDE to check out sports channels on tsn & SN ...scrolled down thru the 8 or so sport chs. & on the GUIDE it stated DARTS was on...but the little corner area of my tv it showed a hockey game in progress.
So clicked to get full screen & it was a replay Stanley Cup game assume was in the 1990s.
For those that like poker or darts good for them ...but in my mine both are "games" only & not a sports game.
Sports game should have athletes.
Can of worms...is golf a sports game ( athletic. ) or merely a game??? ( John Daly ...big ...looks quite out of shape ) ...
I'm on the side it's athletic as they do walk 18 holes. Plus to swing the driver club it takes toned muscles.
Basically the pt is if a game does not take much physical work it should be called just that ...a game.
If a game takes athletics then it should be called pro sports game.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2020, 08:02:58 PM »

The Pacific team wins !!!
Matthew T bumped his bro in the back & stole the puck & the puck went the other way for a goal.
Our Canuck stars played a big part in the win.
Wayne Gretzky coaching comes thru again.
Some drama & comedy remarks between Brett Hull & Wayne. Soooooo funny.  :)

TNAngler

« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2020, 08:05:29 AM »

Watched it but was not overly impressed by any of it.  The game was ok.  The women's game was also just ok.  The skills competition wasn't even that interesting.  Maybe it was just me.  It sufficed for no hockey being on but definitely looking forward to real hockey tonight.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2020, 09:55:31 AM »

Didn't watch it either. Saw some of the highlights. I've seen more effort in shinny.

TNAngler

« Reply #230 on: January 28, 2020, 07:21:34 AM »

Played last night.... they played hard the last 8 minutes.  Only scored one during that time and they were down by 3, then gave up an empty net goal.  The effort was lackluster.  All of the interviews I heard talked about they were thinking too much and it slowed them down and at the end they finally just played.  Maybe it was just first game back from the break.  I hope that was it.  They desperately need to go on a win streak and make up some ground.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2020, 12:30:01 AM »

Missed the Canucks game because some tv sports guy said the Canucks play the Blues on Tuesday.
Anyways Canucks beat the Stanley Cup champions.
FA Nova & I are big happy Canuck fans at the moment.
Canuck players are believing in themselves. They can go toe to toe pillar to post with any team in the NHL providing it 's not a game in Winnipeg against the Jets.
Gotta get FA to spent a day to grind answers to this problem.

So...TNA said his team only played well for a low % of the game.
TNA a bit of advice.
If you want the Preds to play top notch ...get the players to watch game video of the recent Canucks.
Then tell the players to go do like wise.
Simple as that.  8)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2020, 12:32:33 AM »

Chris will soon be joining our bandwagon

TNAngler

« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2020, 07:53:17 AM »

I sent them an email telling them to watch the Canucks.  Maybe it will help.

Back to back games on the road tonight and tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2020, 11:13:56 AM »

I sent them an email telling them to watch the Canucks.  Maybe it will help.

Back to back games on the road tonight and tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers.
;D ;D ;D
Hope they read that email in time.
After getting email info...hope there is time to watch replay of Canucks game(s).
Back to back games so free time is limited...

Chris should  join the Canuck bandwagon ( FA comment )
His heart health will be better !
Being a Leaf fan. Caution: may be hazardous to one's health.

TNAngler

« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2020, 12:20:08 PM »

Heard today that our defenseman that we lost during the Winter Classic (Thanks Corey Perry, you @#$%@!%@# @#%@ #% @#%#!) skated on the ice for the very first time since he was taken off.  Almost a month without him being able to skate at all.  Hopefully he gets back soon because I think that will help our play quite a lot but that was one horrible concussion to be out that long.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2020, 07:09:27 PM »

Heard today that our defenseman that we lost during the Winter Classic (Thanks Corey Perry, you @#$%@!%@# @#%@ #% @#%#!) skated on the ice for the very first time since he was taken off.  Almost a month without him being able to skate at all.  Hopefully he gets back soon because I think that will help our play quite a lot but that was one horrible concussion to be out that long.
If I remember the play Corey Perry went skating by & your D man put his head down & as Perry is tall the D man head got hit...as Perry skated by.
I never seen him lift his elbow or whatever as to make contact.
To me it looked like an accident.
I'm not 100% sure it was accidental but it looked that way to me.
Kinda like a the titanic hitting the iceberg...was an accident.

Heard NHL teams will be wearing respirators as they play. Wow they look like those gas masks they wear during the 1 & 2nd WWs.
Will anyone score wearing those things? Corona virus causes people to adjust their day to day routine or day to day sport games.
Or the poor goalies wearing these respirators over their goalie masks.... ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 07:12:32 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2020, 07:59:12 AM »

Oh, there are plenty of angles of the video where you can see he very clearly lifted his elbow and shoulder to make contact with the head.  Our guy didn't have the puck either so head down or head up, a hit was illegal.

So, last night's game was very strange.  Playing the Caps.  We go up 2-0, not looking bad, keeping one guy on Ovechkin on the power play so he can't even shoot.  Then on a shot from far out, guy shoots and our goalie just misses.  Totally should have stopped it.  Then we scored to go up 3-1.  Then a bit later the Caps shoot it around the boards to dump it in, goalie stops it behind the net but muffs it and it squirts in front of the net but luckily he gets his stick on it and shoves it to the board before it can cause issues.  A little bit later, and this may sound familiar, the Caps shoot it around the boards to dump it in, goalie stops it behind the net but muffs it and it squirts in front of the net and Ovechkin is there and gets one of the easiest goals of his career.

That ended the first.  Start the second, playing ok, one of our guys gets the puck behind the net, starts to skate it out but then decides to pass it up the middle.  Not sure what it hit or if he just hit it off the end of his stick or something but instead of going straight it goes directly right, hits the goalie or his stick and rims up and into the net.  We freaking scored on ourselves to tie the game.  Are you serious?  So, then we get a penalty a bit later, win the face off, push it behind the net, guy gets it and could rim it around the boards but decides to go up the middle of the ice.  Hits a Caps player, bounces right in front of the net surprising everyone.  Goalie makes the first save but the second gets through and now we are losing 4-3.  That ended the second

Come out in the third and get another penalty about halfway through.  We have done well on the penalty kill all night except for the previous goal.  This time we are getting control and keeping them from getting any shots and keep clearing.  One went right to the Caps goalie.  He decides to push the pace and send it down to the guys on the blue line but sends it instead right to our guy who is behind the two forwards waiting for the puck and is now on a short handed break away and scores.  We have tied it back up.  With just over 2 minutes left, a defenseman shoots from the blueline, hits one of the Caps defenders fighting for position right in front of the net and bounces in.  We hold on for the win.

What a strange strange game but sometimes you have to overcome stuff like that and win some games where somehow everything that can go wrong does and yet you still win against a good team to turn things around.  Maybe they watched the video like I told them to but either way, hopefully this is the start of some changing.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2020, 11:41:42 AM »

Went to movies so missed the 2nd Canuck game in a row. Another win.
Well I stand to be corrected. You say the hit was illegal.
You viewed it over & over.
My cloudy memory of the hit was Perry made a B line in that direction as he thought the puck was going in that way.
 Then your D man was it going to slap the puck or something & in the motion dropped his head forward. Out of instinct Perry braced himself for a collision. In doing so brought up his arms a bit.
May try to check it out later. But from what I've read in your comments your very accurate so guess you have it right.

Wow what a yo/yo game the Preds had.
Some goals are out of the ordinary but to have so many like that !!!
Good part yous did win! OV really hates losing & this one ever more as they had the lead.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 11:44:39 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2020, 02:28:29 PM »

Watched the replay of the hit.
Well I'm 50/50.
Intent may or may not taken place.
Only Perry knows what he was thinking at the time.  :)