Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season  (Read 165278 times)

TNAngler

Re: 2019-2020 NHL Hockey season
« Reply #195 on: January 09, 2020, 06:59:48 AM »

Coach apparently closed practice to the public, then spent a lot of time going through training drills.  Basic stuff like the defense passing to the other defenseman to get through the neutral zone with speed and if they messed it up they had to start the whole drill over again.  Some of these basic things that they should know like how to pass is some of the biggest issues they have had.  Seemed like he was definitely working to try and correct the issues.  We will see how it goes.  Chicago tonight who is the only team below us (at least last I checked) in the standings in the central but they are very close.  Can't afford to lose this one.

And 9 goals?  Wow.  Although guess I can't say much, we have allowed 8 or 9 already this season too.  That happens.  Even if you weren't coasting, couple goals, game gets out of hand, effort drops and then it just all goes to heck.

TNAngler

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2020, 07:29:23 AM »

Wait, I'm all alone in here again?  Why does this keep happening to me.

First, after just one or two practices with the new coach the team came out and played quite different.  The turnovers were minimized and they played with speed and aggression getting to the net.  Heat map in the first period was highly concentrated around the net for the Pred and the Blackhawks were all outside.  I haven't seen a heat map like that the entire time we had Lavvy as our coach.  That wasn't his style.  It yielded results too as we were up 3-0 at the end of the first.

Second they layed off a little bit it seemed but only allowed one fluke goal but didn't score.  Third, we gave up a power play goal when we stopped defending the middle of the ice (getting back to old habits as they got tired).  Then dealt with quite the offensive barrage making a lot of stops and blocks before one of our guys bounces it off the wall, past the defender and it goes into the empty net.  We had another guy following it so if it didn't go he would have gotten the puck although he had a guy right behind him.  That pretty much did it but still it was only a 2 goal advantage so Chicago went empty net again, dumped it in, our goalie stopped it behind the net, waited, and then cleared it down the ice for a perfect shot right into the middle of the empty net.  That's right folks, OUR GOALIE GOT A GOAL.  First goalie goal since 2013.  Second goalie goal for the Predators in the history of the franchise and we are the only team in the NHL that has two goalie goals in their history.  The first one was a huge fluke where the goalie stopped a shot, it went high in the air and the other team grabbed it, tried to send it back out to the point to continue the 6 on 5 barrage but it skipped over the guy on the points stick and went into the net, so pretty much they scored on themselves but our goalie was the last Pred to touch it so he got the goal.  This one though was an amazing shot.  Quite exciting.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2020, 11:38:28 AM »

TNA if ya post 2x in a row because we did not post....it was because I just got toooooo busyyyyy.
Sometimes time flys & one has to do this & that & suddenly it's bedtime.
My reason anyways.  :)
But enjoy your comments.
Actually the quality of a sports reporter.
Infact your comments are more interesting / factual than 90 % of the sport writers / media guys we have in Vancouver.
Congrads on the win.
Chicago though not doing too well in the standings but they do not lay down. Other team has to put out to get a win over them.
Their goaltending in Chicago is sub par which gives other teams an edge.
Talking about goalies...he scores !!!! Goalie shoots He shoots !!

Canucks lose again but all in the master plan.....Green the jockey will be asking more from his horses soon. ( too many bikini girls running around in Florida distracts players. )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:41:51 AM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2020, 05:10:44 PM »

Back on track with a win.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2020, 01:03:18 PM »

Back on track with a win.
Yep FA your advising is as your drawing it up on the blackboard. Against the Sabres you advise was "Me beat"
Same for today but...it will be tough core.
Brock Lesner I mean Brock B. is filling the net. He gets so many chances.
He plays in his home town today.
Go Canucks !!!
Plus Seahawks in Wi.
Play in that ancient stadium. Another big core to get W.
Their returning FB will help out "big time" on this winter area.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2020, 09:13:47 PM »

Canucks win their back to back games.
4-1 over Minnesota
Leafs let in 8 goals. They lost.
Preds win 1-0 in a very fast skating game.
Great goaltending by both. Jet goalie far more busier.
Saros Pred goalie gets his 1st shutout of the yr!!!

On a side note Green Bay beat the Seattle Seahawks. Close score.
Green Bay converted on their 3rd downs a lot. Big difference.
Good for Wi. fans & not good for Wash.St fans.
Pete Carol the head coach I think is the most disappointed of the bunch.
He looks to really want to win.
Some coaches look like statues. Barely talk or show any expression. Like they could care less what's going on. 
Kinda like ya we lost but someone has to lose. Where's my pay check ?

TNAngler

« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

I understand getting busy and not posting.  Just giving you a hard time.

Glad to see you guys have turned things around again and have stopped taking it easy.

The way the Preds are playing actually has me pretty excited.  If you look at the heat maps, the Jet's shots all occurred in a donut, starting at the side of the net then going out toward the walls and around to the point.  The middle of the ice.... empty.  It required some stops by the goalie when things got a little heated but when there was a shot from the outside, there were 3 Preds there to clear the puck and they outnumbered the Jets down low and were able to get the clear.  We were also getting a lot of really good chances on the other side.  Their goalie stood on his head a number of times and was lucky it was only 1-0 at the end.  Could easily have been 3 or 4.  Honestly, it felt like the Jets were never really even in the game, despite it only being a one goal game.  There were a couple times on the power play where they could possibly have scored but they were stopped.  5 on 5 it was completely the Preds way.  My wife called it kind of a boring game because of how it was played but it is effective and still allowed us a bunch of chances, we just got stopped on some awesome shots.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2020, 07:23:27 PM »

TNA yes that's right.
Nashville could of had 4-5 goals in this one.
Since Jets defence man quit hockey ( ex Blackhawk ) in Oct. they have not been as physical.
Jets normally would of pasted a few players along the boards in games like this to slow up the game.
Predators looking good.
All the new coach said was...black puck go in other net. Try to keep out of our net. Oh.....ok
Since then they have played well. But seriously a head coach can make a big difference. Sets the mood in dressing room.
(FA answer to question in Discussion is 143 tons.) 

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2020, 07:36:13 AM »

I'm crying my eyes out for poor Brad Marchand  and that horrible  call by the officials t. They  were obviously  mistaken. People  just don't  understand  him. I'm still crying  very hard for him. Don't  you hate it  when  you  laugh  so hard that tears roll down your  cheeks?

http://

TNAngler

« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2020, 11:14:54 AM »

Are you crying over his..... I guess we can call it attempt during the shootout?  Or is there something else I should be aware of?  Anything that has me laughing at Brad Marchand is worth looking at.  And yes, I can end more sentences with prepositions and you are just going to have to take it.

Another big game tonight for us.  Edmonton, hoping we can keep the string alive and moving well. 

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2020, 03:15:36 PM »

Nobody hates Marchand as much as I do. Nobody. I was born from around his birthplace and everyone hates him there too. It was almost as good as watching him snot and bawl when the Bruins got eliminated last year. Karma sucks!

http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »

Marchand gives out so many cheap shots. Dirty player.
50% of the time refs let it go.
Why???
If a opposing player at the face off ...says to him  "Hey Brad what happened in game 7 of the finals?
And while your thinking about an answer what happened on that shoot out attempt ?
Had better go for a player change when Marchard comes on the ice.
He would possibly get called for spearing or boarding.....
But he does have talent & skills.
Nose gets a bit bigger every time he cheap shots players.  ::
EDIT IN:
FA post below........wow that was the easiest save Flyer goalie Hart ever had to make.  ;D ;D ;D
Good one Nova & good to see it again . FA link to vid.
Came also to EDIT IN: forgot to say....Canucks vs Jets. Are the Canucks ever going to get a W in Winnipeg?
Canucks got shots but Jet goalie made big saves.
Preds lose to Oilers.
Lots of A&B strains of flu in Prairies so hope our boys do not get "it ".
100s of new sick people heading to ER daily......flu.
Hope it does not become bad here in Vancouver & area.
Just got over cold that took 8-9 days to run it's course.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 09:28:41 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2020, 07:55:57 PM »

Nobody hates Marchand as much as I do. Nobody. I was born from around his birthplace and everyone hates him there too. It was almost as good as watching him snot and bawl when the Bruins got eliminated last year. Karma sucks!

Yes, karma sucks. Worth seeing a 2nd and 3rd time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1-ivlFLQk

TNAngler

« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2020, 08:24:23 AM »

I would say my wife's hatred of him is pretty far up there and hard to compete against.

Tough game against the Oilers last night.  Their goalie made some amazing stops.  See the Canucks didn't do so well either.  Tough night.  Oh well, Thursday then, right?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2020, 02:52:37 PM »

Just read on net that Gallant has been fired !!!!!
What ?????????
Unreal !!!!!
The team has a very very good record & within a few pts of 1st place.
They are in a bit of a slump at the moment but every team every season has a 3-4-5-6 game winless slide during the season.
Performance based is the reason.
If that's the case he still should be coach of a Vegas Knights.

Coaches better form a union.
If within this many pts from first place / & no other issues ( verbal/physical abuse towards players ) the head coach job is safe.
More to this story they are letting public know I think.
Personality conflict or something....weird big time / weird firing.