Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160881 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

A small hatchery coho salmon from this morning.
I haven't seen one over 5 lbs this season.
It ain't the roe bro'

psd1179

• Old Timer

Caught 6 coho so far, all wild fish. My buddys caught 4 last week, all wild. odd

bunnta

I've already witness a 7lb bonked and landed a 4lber myself. Big ones are there!

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Same for me. My first was 8 pounds. Anything after that was 5 to 6. Not like last year.

Dubs604

I have a question after going out this weekend. Where does one find the kind of pools where you would cast spoons and twitch jigs?  All of the water I found was moving and/or too shallow for a spinning setup.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I have a question after going out this weekend. Where does one find the kind of pools where you would cast spoons and twitch jigs?  All of the water I found was moving and/or too shallow for a spinning setup.

The river is constantly evolving so pools and runs appear and get displaced all the time. You basically have to walk and walk and walk and walk until you find them. So far I personally feel that there are less spoon spots/pools than previous seasons, so have been float fishing with bait mostly.

Popped out briefly this afternoon but mostly to do this instead of actually fishing.

Lovely conditions and didn't seem too busy out there either, with plenty of chinook salmon splashing around.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 09:49:48 PM by Rodney »

stsfisher

:)

clarki

• Old Timer

I took my kids fishing yest afternoon too, although they have about 18 years on yours, Rod! :) My new daughter-in-law is interested in learning how to fish and so we had a great afternoon on the water, capped off with some flights at Old Yale Brewing and the Sasquatch Stout paired with a hearty moose stew for supper.

One spot we were at I saw a guy hook a chinook on a jig. He played it in a pool for 10-15 minutes on a slow action rod, and as I guessed, it was snagged, right in the dorsal. He was fishing with 2 friends and then not one, not two , but all three of them posed for a pic with the fish. :o I was waiting for gentle reviving release, but no, it was dumped back in the water after buddy #3 got his photo op.  I was on the verge of administering a verbal admonishment, but the fish was released and I didn't see the point in an encounter.   

Looking forward to more days with my DIL on the water!           

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Just a little cold this morning.... ::) So cold that my arms were frozen and couldn't set the hook when that 8lb wild coho took the float down. It miraculously stayed on until it got into the Moby net. A quick release and back home for a cup of hot tea.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Overnight rain hasn't changed anything, plenty of good fishing throughout the whole system right now.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

When I got back to the Dewdney launch this afternoon two folks doing a survey told me DFO is planning on shutting down retention of Chim again. Just a heads up.

4x4

When I got back to the Dewdney launch this afternoon two folks doing a survey told me DFO is planning on shutting down retention of Chim again. Just a heads up.

Anybody fishing the mouth at the Nic?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Anybody fishing the mouth at the Nic?

No and for good reason. Theres nothing. The survey guys said 1 all day. I saw a few Chum but that was it.

4x4

I was asking because last year there were many people fishing the mouth when it was closed and taking over their limit of 2 Coho each.

4x4

To clarify my above comment.

The Nic/Dewdney is 4 Coho daily which only 2 can be taken over 35cm the other 2 would be Jacks unlike the Vedder which is 4 Ho's.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25