Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160925 times)

coldfinger

• always thankful

I will post it up in the lost and found if you wish. ;D

Thanks Rod, but no need, We 'll chalk it up to river karma. Ended up giving half the roe from the spring we caught to very appreciative angler next to us. So I think we're good.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

That's good coho karma. ;)

Water level at Crossing is down to 2m now (2.05 at 4pm).

Every Day

• Old Timer

The river tonight (7 pm) was actually very, very (surprisingly) good in upper. Around 3 feet of visibility with a (obviously) brown tint. 3 fish in 3 casts - broke the third one off and called it a short evening. All short floating roe less than 2 feet deep float to weights along the edges. Tonnes of fish rolling. Should be great on the drop!

Dubs604

If I head out this weekend, should I focus on the lower, or are there fish around near mid-river? 

bobby b

There are fish throughout the whole system.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Lots of fish moving through

juno

I thought  the pinks were done? or not? do I bring my  pink gear,  or a heavier rod for chum and springs? 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Still lots of pinks around.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Primo water conditions today, the fishing was a little crazy today. ;D

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Still lots of pinks around.
Yeah, going downstream.
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Water is greenish with visibility around 3 feet now. Level drop has slowed down. Fishing was not as hot this morning. A few adult coho and jacks. Lots of people out but not super busy, and everyone seems to be enjoying the day!

CohoJake

• Old Timer

That wind though . . . wow.  Got blown off the river with many other people around noon.  Got a nice spring this morning with sea lice attached (okay, one sea louse).  What's the rule of thumb?  48 hours from the salt if they still have sea lice?  Or is it longer?

Dubs604

Interesting morning. I arrived to a spot mid-river before first light and spent the first hour or two there with no success. I was short floating pink, purple and chartreuse jigs. A few guys were fishing roe and landed/lost several big springs, but overall it was slow.

I picked up and moved down to Lickman Road. There were a few folks there but it also appeared to be slow. I found a short seam of walking pace water where I caught two tiny jack coho. Both “wild”, with a partial adipose fin (like a very small portion remained, which is annoying), so both were gently released. To be honest, it was likely the same tiny jack coho twice in a row, in the same spot, 30 minutes apart. Both times I was drifting the same pink maribou jig.

I headed home by around 10:30 when the winds really started to pick up.

canso

• Old Timer

That wind though . . . wow.  Got blown off the river with many other people around noon.  Got a nice spring this morning with sea lice attached (okay, one sea louse).  What's the rule of thumb?  48 hours from the salt if they still have sea lice?  Or is it longer?
For sea lice I was told their tails start to erode in fresh water, then disappear within 48hrs (dependant on water temps., type of salmon, etc) the lice can stay attached for up to 10 days.

If your sea lice still have tails, I would call it ocean fresh. Lol

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

A small hatchery coho salmon from this morning.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25