Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Update On The Fraser River Slide  (Read 20815 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: Update On The Fraser River Slide
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 02:33:37 PM »

They should call up Tod Hoffman and build  giant sluice box and get those fish out of the glory hole they're stuck In.

Tangles

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2019, 08:57:26 PM »

So...kiss bar fishery good bye, most likely Fraser pinks too...
I guess I did good by buying a lake boat.

mikeyman

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »

Those fish can get thru. I call my smelly socks. Just another excuse to shut the sports down.

redside1

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2019, 09:00:09 AM »

a link to follow, sorry if already posted

{FYI that the following website link was circulated externally early last week & updated information will be posted on status of the Big Bar slide:

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/emergency-response-and-recovery/incident-summaries/big-bar-landslide-incident?keyword=big&keyword=bar

You’ll note that there is a section near the bottom of this webpage titled “Response Updates” that should be updated regularly. Please continue to monitor this web page for updates on the situation.}

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »

Those fish can get thru. I call my smelly socks. Just another excuse to shut the sports down.
Conspiracy theories are abounding: They knew about it sooner than they said, and did nothing. The salmon can get through. It will be used as an excuse to shut out rec anglers. And the list goes on.... 

I get that DFO has a credibility problem, but it must be dark world to live in when you can impart no goodwill and everything is suspect.         

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:47 AM »

Conspiracy theories are abounding: They knew about it sooner than they said, and did nothing. The salmon can get through. It will be used as an excuse to shut out rec anglers. And the list goes on.... 

I get that DFO has a credibility problem, but it must be dark world to live in when you can impart no goodwill and everything is suspect.       

Kind of hard not to think something is going on when I get told that FN are working tirelessly to make sure we dont dont get anything anymore.  I waved at a group at the Alberni boat launch on Tuesday. The younger FN on board were friendly. The elder on board had a mouthful to say. Extremely racist filthy comments. I've never in my life had such rascit filthy words directed at me. Now I know what it feels lile I guess

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »

Sorry to hear that, but of course FNs have been experiencing that and worse for centuries. Now we have the conspiracy theory they are working behind the scenes to take away our recreational salmon angling privileges. Us vs them. The stranger who is like me but not me. What more can be done to raise tension and animosity around the whole issue? I am sure someone will figure that out in short order.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2019, 03:13:28 PM »

Perspective:

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »

Jk47

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2019, 02:38:42 PM »

Recent Drone Footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytK3pYbfu4
Fish jumps near bank at 1:16 in video, just before camera pans over a bit.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2019, 03:14:04 PM »

This is interesting ..  much was learned holding Cultus sockeye for spawning so I hope this is successful.

http://frafs.ca/sites/default/files2/19%2071W20AY%20Pilot%20Salmon%20Enhancement.pdf