Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Closing Out Sale  (Read 4251 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Closing Out Sale
« on: July 03, 2019, 01:09:26 PM »

West Coast Tackle a main stay in the Vancouver fishing community for decades is closing. Everything is on sale for 20% off.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: Closing Out Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 03:34:56 PM »

RIP

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 04:22:29 PM »

it's been for sale for $30g for some time.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 06:07:14 PM »

Dang, that's my neighborhood store:(

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »

I'm surprised it lasted so long. I took my business elsewhere years ago, and I'm sure many other people did, too.
I was never impressed with the owner's people skills, but I had it the day I offered a 20$ bill at the till for a total of $20.15 in terminal tackle. The owner took the bill, and in all seriousness, said: "That will be 15 more cents please." I didn't have any small change in my pocket, so I produced another 20 dollar bill, of which he diligently returned $19.85. I never set foot in the store again even though I lived in the neighborhood and had shopped there many times.

Brian was an excellent rod builder, though. He made some excellent repairs to a few of my fly and gear rods back in the day.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »

I am sad to see them go.

Bonnie and Brian were both always friendly and helpful from my early days of getting lead, line, wool and spinners for river salmon to when they helped me pick out a great starter Fly rod and reel for me.  Whenever I've gone in, they've been willing to help with various ideas and fly suggestions.  Can't say that I've had a bad experience in my days.  There were some days when they were busy and didn't have much time but others, they'd be happy to listen to my ramblings.

:'(

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 12:37:55 AM »

They've always been nice to me. I can see why they can't compete with the big dollar stores like PA and Cabelas...too bad for me 'cause now the nearest shop is a drive, not a walk...

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »

Yeah, sad to see them go but I haven't been in there in decades.

Went to Templeton High School so that was 'my store' through my formative fishing years.  Bonnie and Brian were always friendly and helpful. 

Even though I all I bought there (all I could afford) was terminal tackle, powerbait and maybe a couple Shimano FX level rods and reels.