Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Barfishing  (Read 4582 times)

Robbie

Barfishing
« on: August 06, 2004, 03:59:48 PM »

Hey guys.  I bought a new Fraser river rod and reel for this season and i was planning to do some barfishing for the big boys.  I dont have a boat at the moment and I was wondering where I could get foot access that wouldnt be overcrowded with the Sockeye fishermen.  I want to try some Spin n' glo fishing.  Any replies would be appreciated.  Thanks

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re:Barfishing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 05:04:21 PM »

It's tidal.  You'll need a tidal license, (and tags) that's all.

I believe under 16 need to actually acquire a tidal license, (it may be free - but they still have to have one.)

Robbie

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »

Its ok I have licences and tags in both tidal and non tidal.  Maybe I will try Derby reach.  You would probably want to use Roe though instead of a snin n'glo?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 12:28:44 AM »

I'm asking b/c i plan to take my little brother fishing there, for some chub (or whatever will provide lots of bites  ;D ) , would also plan to barfish while givin' him some pointers, now that you have mentioned it.

If you're planning to take your little brother I would definitely recommend the lower Fraser. Your brother will enjoy catching coarse fish. With any luck he may even catch a chinook jack.

FLYallAROUND

• Getzlaf is amazing
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 03:24:12 PM »

there also is ferry island. lots of guys barfish there, but the current is alittle slow to bottom bounce, so not many bb there.

Bantam_50

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 03:47:42 PM »

It's odd how he asked for Bar fishing locations and everyone quickly sent him below Mission first.  :-[

Robbie if you've got a vehicle to head up above Mission give Chris a pm and he'll probably be able to help you out best with a foot access bar. I believe canoeman was at Deroche recently. There's also a small bar right at the TransCanada bridge at Hope(Hope side), the tackle shop there could be helpful also. Most other bars (that could be bar rigged from) are crawling with Sock BB'ers and would most likely find your enjoyment not to their liking. Although I'd be temped to try Pegleg way up at the top. Actually... it would be an interesting scenerio to be the first one at Peg and heave a good doctorout and see what comments would be slung your way as the BB'ers showed up.  :P
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 03:49:58 PM by Bantam_50 »

Robbie

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 04:12:51 PM »

thanks for the replies.  
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 04:18:40 PM by Rodney »

Robbie

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 11:42:06 AM »

mmmmm virgin bar

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer