Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ice off  (Read 5848 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
Re: Ice off
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »

the colloquial meaning of 'a few' is usually 2 or 3, maybe 4. It's possible to quickly list a dozen or more local venues for water skiing.

You make it sound like lakes such as Mill (once a popular location for it), Grace, Wolfe, Rolley etc should be all open for water skiing and other speed boat activities.

Lost in translation I guess. What I was getting at is Cultus is a waterskiing hotspot for a few months of the year. Let em have it.
I’d love to see Mill lake with a dozen or so qualified captains buzzing around there like hornets. I’d be on the dock with a lawn chair  and a beer.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 07:17:23 AM »

I think one issue power boat owners face is a lack of public boat ramps and parking facilities.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 01:53:33 PM »

Actually almost no one water skis anymore. It's all wake surfing now. Wake surf boats throw even bigger swells because they are pumped full of ballast to make bigger waves but at least they are going at much lower speeds.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 05:56:02 PM »

The slower the speed the bigger the wake sometimes. Tug boats seem the have the opposite effect. I know when I go at a medium pace my wake is big. When I'm flat out on plane theres almont none. A tug boat going fast on the Fraser not pulling a load is probably the worst thing. I've sat thru wakes that will hit the bank and come back even when the original wake is still hitting the boat. Itll turn a calm river into ruff waters for almost 15min straight. Anywhere west of the galravel pit can be annoying at times.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:24:54 PM by Hike_and_fish »

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »

Less likely to mow you down at lower speeds is what I meant. Sorry my tugboat waves are annoying.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 07:53:09 PM »

A fun day at Hicks Lake with about 50 hook-ups. Most of the fish were small kokanee between 6 and 10 inches long. Some rainbow trout up to 14 inches long. Fish were hugging the bottom in 40 to 50 feet of water.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »

I cant wait till that gravel pit is finished. I know LOTS of people will celebrate when its finished.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:15 PM »

I fished a 12 ft car topper with a 9.9 outboard out in Sooke around Secretary island back in the day when I was young and had no fear! Lol. Should have seen the flabber gasted looks I received.