Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What pot strains are you using?  (Read 18979 times)

GordJ

Re: What pot strains are you using?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 03:26:18 PM »

I’m with Jamier, a discussion board is no place to have a discussion. Especially a board that is labelled “General Discussion”.
If it was appropriate to comment on anything not acceptable to a “General” discussion I would have mentioned the fact that,historically, pot was (and is) supplied by a black market group of growers and labelling could not be considered truthful which would make the discussion superfluous. So not only is this inappropriate it is pointless until a regulated market evolves. And I vape indica so the strain is unimportant because of the “distillation” process but I won’t mention that. And everyone that I know that is on this board uses pot, literally, everyone.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

Aurora blue dream sativa gives a good head stone.
Dave maybe put down the indica dominant stuff for the sativas and you might want to go fishing again ;)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 04:33:55 PM »

Aurora blue dream sativa gives a good head stone.
Dave maybe put down the indica dominant stuff for the sativas and you might want to go fishing again ;)
I've had more than a few steelhead while indica buzzed, don't need anymore, lol!

Thanks for the strain

StillAqua

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2019, 08:08:43 PM »

I grew up in the sixties when wine was red and could be drunk or used to remove paint, coffee was perked until you could chew it, beers came in stubbies and they all tasted the same, and good weed was any weed someone would pass to you. Then the wine snobs elevated wine drinking to a performance art, the coffee snobs turned a cup of joe into a dessert beverage, and the beer snobs should be arrested for violations of the 1516 German Beer Purity Law. And now to top it off, the weed snobs are debating the relative merits of subtle strain variations and their euphoric effects. Getting buzzed used to be so simple…….

arimaBOATER

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »

I grew up in the sixties when wine was red and could be drunk or used to remove paint, coffee was perked until you could chew it, beers came in stubbies and they all tasted the same, and good weed was any weed someone would pass to you. Then the wine snobs elevated wine drinking to a performance art, the coffee snobs turned a cup of joe into a dessert beverage, and the beer snobs should be arrested for violations of the 1516 German Beer Purity Law. And now to top it off, the weed snobs are debating the relative merits of subtle strain variations and their euphoric effects. Getting buzzed used to be so simple…….
  ;D.  How true.
Excellent read! Some may put a spin on it & say MAN  ( & female...women 's rights parades recently so better mention them too or else ) has come a long way from the 60's till now. Maybe my nose is not as good 60 years later....because back then coffee had a great smell & taste. Aroma plus.

GordJ

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2019, 09:26:40 PM »

Oh yeah, like somehow in your '60's they didn't call that wine porch climber because of the effect it had or they didn't pretend that when "I drink rum I lose it but if I drink beer I'm okay"? Because in my  '60's they sure did. Berrycup and Applejack and the old classic, Calona Red in the jug with the finger hole. And don't get me started on the biggest myth of all. Lemon Gin.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2019, 11:49:30 PM »

Read this post after having a few puffs. A few comments:

Aboater: ok, first, you are seriously AFRAID to try weed because you might like it? That makes about as much sense as saying you are afraid to try cheesecake becuase you heard it is good, and you are afraid you might like it a bit too much and get fat. For the love of god try some damn weed and if you like it, use/consume it in moderation like a responsible adult. If you don't like it, then you can steer clear of the stuff and not have to think anymore "I wonder..." And why would you order CBD oil from the USA when it available online and in stores in your own country!? Are you sure you are not high?

Also, you kind of contradicted your self in this discussion by saying you are afraid to try pot, but in another recent discussion (Four topics pick your choice if ya want to comment) you said "... 80s 90s 2000s ....60s & 70s yes. Joints smoked the size of cigars." So you have tried weed, and by the sounds of it you tried it a LOT. I realize the 60s and 70s were a while ago, and contemporary weed is a lot higher in THC than it was in your wild years. But surely you have some memories of what it was like to be high? Enjoyable? Awful? Surely this data could be extrapolated and an educated guess could be made if you'd enjoy "trying" weed at your present age.

Jamier, anything is fair game in the "General Discussion" of a public forum. If the topic does not interest you, then ignore it. It's not like Dave posted a question about how to crochet a dish cloth; but if he did, that would still be copasetic. A lot of fishermen/fishermen smoke weed on and/or off the water. It's a relevant topic with respect to fishing, hunting, skiing, sasquatch tracking, and so on. It's a plant that, for some people, enhances thier outdoor experience. Not much different than the person who smokes some tobacco on the river and has a slice of bananna bread.* It would be better for you to have some organic kale chips and not smoke anything, but common man... ya gotta live a little!

I know your type, the guy who drinks 9 beers at the family BBQ, falls on and breaks a table, tells everyone off and makes a big scene, but turns his nose up at the neighbours who spark up a dube. Calling them "skids."

Despite weed now being legal, it will take a WHILE for (some) people's attitudes to change surrounding its use. Maybe one day I'll see weed cookies at the family Thanksgiving dinner? I doubt it, but you just never know. Of course getting more than half drunk and eating enough fat and sugar to give you a jammer is still socially acceptable. We have a long way to go, but we'll get there - baby steps.

And finally, I buy/like whatever is on sale. Personally don't notice a huge diff between strains. For me it's either "good" (strong, fresh smelling/tasting) or "bad" (weak, dry, little smell/taste left).
Perhaps as time passes and consumption increases my "pallet" will improve.

Thank you, Dave, for posting this.

* = oh f**ing great, it's almost midnight and now I'm craving bananna bread :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:13:13 AM by Spawn Sack »

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2019, 09:27:00 AM »

Aboater: ok, first, you are seriously AFRAID to try weed because you might like it? That makes about as much sense as saying you are afraid to try cheesecake becuase you heard it is good, and you are afraid you might like it a bit too much and get fat. For the love of god try some damn weed and if you like it, use/consume it in moderation like a responsible adult. If you don't like it, then you can steer clear of the stuff and not have to think anymore "I wonder..." And why would you order CBD oil from the USA when it available online and in stores in your own country!? Are you sure you are not high?

Also, you kind of contradicted your self in this discussion by saying you are afraid to try pot, but in another recent discussion (Four topics pick your choice if ya want to comment) you said "... 80s 90s 2000s ....60s & 70s yes. Joints smoked the size of cigars." So you have tried weed, and by the sounds of it you tried it a LOT. I realize the 60s and 70s were a while ago, and contemporary weed is a lot higher in THC than it was in your wild years. But surely you have some memories of what it was like to be high? Enjoyable? Awful? Surely this data could be extrapolated and an educated guess could be made if you'd enjoy "trying" weed at your present age.

Jamier, anything is fair game in the "General Discussion" of a public forum. If the topic does not interest you, then ignore it. It's not like Dave posted a question about how to crochet a dish cloth; but if he did, that would still be copasetic. A lot of fishermen/fishermen smoke weed on and/or off the water. It's a relevant topic with respect to fishing, hunting, skiing, sasquatch tracking, and so on. It's a plant that, for some people, enhances thier outdoor experience. Not much different than the person who smokes some tobacco on the river and has a slice of bananna bread.* It would be better for you to have some organic kale chips and not smoke anything, but common man... ya gotta live a little!

I know your type, the guy who drinks 9 beers at the family BBQ, falls on and breaks a table, tells everyone off and makes a big scene, but turns his nose up at the neighbours who spark up a dube. Calling them "skids."

Despite weed now being legal, it will take a WHILE for (some) people's attitudes to change surrounding its use. Maybe one day I'll see weed cookies at the family Thanksgiving dinner? I doubt it, but you just never know. Of course getting more than half drunk and eating enough fat and sugar to give you a jammer is still socially acceptable. We have a long way to go, but we'll get there - baby steps.

And finally, I buy/like whatever is on sale. Personally don't notice a huge diff between strains. For me it's either "good" (strong, fresh smelling/tasting) or "bad" (weak, dry, little smell/taste left).

While I totally agree that thinking alcohol use is acceptable and marijuana use isn't is ridiculous I don't think it's fair for you to assume that Jamier is the guy that gets loaded at family BBQs and makes a huge scene.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »

;D    Well SS I'm typing without any puffs on a joint.  Your points are well taken. Lots of logic to them
Ya I did smoke truckloads of pot & beer after beer in the 60s & 70s & let's include Afgan hash & blonde & some dark sticky hash or whatever it was called. Plus think it was thai elephant pot where a toke or 2 got ya blasted. Some in my group used the chemicals LSD MDA speed ....me just very little of that.
Sadly one guy really flipped out & even landed in a psy hospital...& the booze had me land up in police stations guessing about 7-10 x ??? Drunk tank. Vancouver Burnaby & Coquitlam . So ya know all about it.  Doctor has told me my liver has been damaged by alcohol.
So I try to keep it to drinking only 1/2 bottle 2x a week.
But ya the wine & music is just too good ...& 1 bottle of wine is consumed in a setting.
As far as smoking weed again yes I know the effects of being stoned is a good feeling but knowing me I may like it so much my budget will be $$$$ for wine $$$$$ for pot & $$$$ for buying Chick cartoon gospel tracts....plus pay the everyday costs & bills to live on this earth.
Plus honestly I just do not want to toke up 8-10 x a week because if I start smoking pot that would be my minimum to smoke up.  Knowing me. Plus do like to ride my pedal bike & I just do not want to put smoke in my lungs.  Basically satisfied with red wine. Now I am on a mission of will power to limit it to 1 bottle per week & only 1/2 bottle at a setting. But all power to ya if ya smoke pot responsibly.
We all have one life to live out & it's choices galore we make before we meet our Maker. In my thinking pot smoking is ok & the Good Lord is not against using it. Eating junk food is worse.
Yes I did order CBD oil from the USA as you know is a health product & ya will not get a buzz or stone from it. Ordered that brand because the company said their product get whatever 80-90 % absorbed by the body. Most other companies 80% of the product CBD oil goes straight out ...in your urine or whatever. But because of Health Canada etc...dragging their feet with regulations Fedex reversed my package & back to it's USA warehouse it went & back to supplier.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:22:18 AM by A-BOATER »

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »

if it is something a lot of fisherman do while fishing i do think it belongs in this forum. if its something that bothers you their is no need to contribute to the topic or even read it for that matter. need to end the stigma.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2019, 12:17:48 PM »

Never have as had no need too but if it helps health issues for some I see nothing wrong with it then I guess. I dislike the smell of it and cig's too and we all know cigarette smoking is bad for you so not sure how smoking marijuana is any different, throw in farmed salmon too as a no go. :P

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »

if it is something a lot of fisherman do while fishing i do think it belongs in this forum. if its something that bothers you their is no need to contribute to the topic or even read it for that matter. need to end the stigma.

This topic doesnt bother me. The smell does. Same goes for cigs. The stigma still remains in my eyes. I used to toke in my early 20's. Glad I quit. I can still remeber how useless I felt. Like a perpetual state of existing with no gains. No goals and no real success. I quit, my career took off, started a business, own multiple properties, new vehicles, a nice boat and a family. I'm sure there are some successful potheads out there but the majority of stoners I know are losers. Legalization is nothing more than the federal government dumbing down the population so they wont question anything. Think about it. The government can supply you with a high and booze. Why ? To control you.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2019, 01:30:53 PM »

how is the government selling booze and pot controlling anyone? dale gribble talking going on here

so it didn't work for you, don't assume everyone else is going to have the same outcome. i know lots of people with all things you listed that smoke and consume. economic opportunities don't care if you smoke pot or not. again end the stigma.

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2019, 02:02:58 PM »

also everyone has different views on what they consider "successful". not all people measure material stuff as successful. at least i don't.  don't take it personally. i congratulate you on your success and as long as your happy, that's all that matters

to me do what ever makes you happy as long as it does not negativity effect other people.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:27:41 PM by bigblockfox »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2019, 02:38:08 PM »

The stigma will always be there. The feds are trying hard to end it with creative language. Even the police are calling it Cannabis now. Before the language was Marijuana. Cannibis just has a sophisticated ring to it. It's an age old technique. You change the language and you change perception. Even Terrorists are called extremists now. It's a little less offensive I guess.