Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What pot strains are you using?  (Read 18962 times)

BBarley

Re: What pot strains are you using?
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »

Perhaps Spawn Sack if you didn't want everyone to retaliate to your comments with such hostility, you would remove everything in your post previous to the word dickish....... Maybe keep those thoughts to yourself.

I thought a mere suggestion of potential health benefits as the taboo culture of it erodes and gives way to forward thinking and potential medical advancements may steer this topic back towards the original intent of the thread, instead of the yin and yang of users and non users.  ::)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2019, 04:33:10 PM »

Perhaps Spawn Sack if you didn't want everyone to retaliate to your comments with such hostility, you would remove everything in your post previous to the word dickish....... Maybe keep those thoughts to yourself.

I thought a mere suggestion of potential health benefits as the taboo culture of it erodes and gives way to forward thinking and potential medical advancements may steer this topic back towards the original intent of the thread, instead of the yin and yang of users and non users.  ::)

Whoa! Pump the brakes there big rig! If you think "everyone retaliate[d] to [my] comments with such hostility" you may want to re-read all comments made. Sure a few users and I do not see eye to eye, but that's about it.

Meh anyway, I will agree that the intent of this thread is being lost in bickering, so I'll add something constructive.

Not saying my belief has any merit, but I don't like the smell of weed on my hands when fishing. I feel it will get transferred to my bait/gear and "may" repel the fish. I prefer to bring an oil pen with me fishing. You can not choose your strain for the brand I buy (Pure Pull) it only comes in indica, sativa, and I think also hybrid. I typically buy the sativa. The 1g refills are pricey, $80! But the convenience is hard to beat. No smell on you or your gear. The product is not as potent as the "real thing" but it does the job if you just want to get a bit of a buzz on. Sometimes I will chow a ginger snap cookie from IB in Chilliwack. 30mg of THC. The punch they pack seems like they have more. They give me a good body stone for 5ish hours. I rarely take steelheading as I find I'm more clumsy climbing over logs and so on. Better for meat hole fishing for fall salmon.

Also I am interested in getting a CBD oil cartridge for my pen. I tried CBD oil orally for about a month and it did nothing for my occasional back pain. I didnt buy another bottle when that one was done. I'm curious if CBD vaped in a pen would work better. I think that'll be my next purchase.

BentRodsGuiding

• Bent Rods Guiding & Fishing
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2019, 06:20:46 AM »

While Indica strains provide more relief for pain and aid in sleep and curb nausea, hybrids of Indica/Sativa are more recreational and can offer a more energetic high. Pure Sativa strains allow one to be more productive and can produce bouts of laughter.

With todays open market availability and competition to sell marijuana to the public, the quest for fancy names to draw in consumers has become quite comical.

Basically strains are based on where in the world they were derived from. All these cross breeds are just small changes to the strain.

The strongest Indica strains derive from the Hindu Kush Mountain areas. These are the mother strains of most of the high THC strains we see today.

I believe alot of false hope is placed on CBD and its medicinal function. Most medicinal benefits from the Marijuana plant come from the full plant, with THC being very important in this medicinal benefit.
I understand people want the benefits but often do not want the associated high that goes with it. So the industry has promoted CBD as some magical cure all of many ailments.

I used "phoenix tears" oil when going through Cancer treatment. It was absolutely critical to me for pain relief, curbing nausea and providing a much more daily happiness than the over priced and ineffective Hydro Morphone. While the nurses at the Cancer Clinic didn't like to hear I was eating the Oil they would daily comment on how well I was doing and how healthy I was looking.

As far as strains go, its is way more important how it is grown than the actual strain. When a grower strives for quantity it severly affects quality.

There are people out there who are growing organically and never use pesticides. The Govt approved Licenced Producers are NOT these people.
I will never ever use these products.

Do you really trust Corporations, producing Marijuana strictly for profit?

Not me, NEVER.
Fraser River Sturgeon, Salmon and Steelhead www.bentrods.ca

arimaBOATER

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2019, 02:54:51 PM »

BentRodsGuiding as your post mentions the medical benefits of CBD oil. Heard many users tell of feeling less stressed,body pains gone,helping in healing,& deeper sleep. So many more stories told by users.
SS some posts ago ya said I should come out of the closet ... ;D
Yes I was at one time a heavy pot smoker many many moons ago....but to come out & say I smoke presently. No way Hosea ! When I look back it was fun at the time but now have zero attraction to wanting to toke up.
Do not like the smell it creates & do not want smoke in my lungs. Once could barely go past a bar without going in for a few brews. Today I never go in bars. Zero attraction. Before was a womanizer but today faithful to wife & have zero attraction to chase ladies. Oh ya tomorrow is my birthday. I 'll be 110 yrs. old.  Maybe age has something to do with it or just the fear of God.  ;D
Some red wine ,Elvis music etc...is my vices ...but all power to ya & other pot smokers!
Dif stroke for dif folk.
Edit in: ok not posted for a few days. That was tough to do. Anyways surfaced to post again. GordJ bless his heart showed me the error of my ways( posted too much) posted today so it bye for now again  ;D
Dive dive dive ....take her down to 100 meters. )
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 03:07:23 PM by A-BOATER »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2019, 03:26:14 PM »

Welcome back ;)