Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What pot strains are you using?  (Read 19000 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: What pot strains are you using?
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2019, 06:00:57 PM »

It is commonly known that smoking cannabis can produce a number of effects in the average person that resemble some of the symptoms of psychosis. These include anxiety, paranoia and delusional beliefs. Generally, these effects are fairly short-lasting, and there are no remaining problems after the drugs have worn off.

Researchers are now concerned that there may be a small proportion of the general population who are much more vulnerable to the effects of cannabis. With enough use of the drug, these people may develop long-lasting or even permanent psychosis.

Holy smokes man. You must be a hit at parties! "You know, that dip is high in trans fats, which are correlated with heart disease." "Hey there, I couldn't help but notice you've had more than 4 drinks in two hours. Technically your consumption would qualify as binge drinking."

And yes, in some cases cannabis has triggered symptoms consistent with psychosis. However, this is not the norm (!) Like you said "small proportion." In other words, who cares? If you try it and don't enjoy it, then don't use it again. Most people I know who tried it and did not enjoy it simply don't try it again. Kind of like people of lose their minds on booze, hopefully you have enough common sense to lay off the stuff.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:49:24 AM by Spawn Sack »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »

Happens every winter when the members can't get out fishing enough to satiate the cravings. Like junkies tweaking out for a fix......

lol at least we haven't starting a pink salmon 2019 thread yet

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2019, 06:04:12 PM »

Calm down and smoke a joint or something. It was just my opinion there snowflake. Relax.

LOL! "snowflake." That is a first. I prefer "sweet cheeks" or "sugar plum," FYI.
Your opinion sucks and you need to be held accountable for it.
I imagine you look at lot like Gandalf form The Hobbit.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:38:05 PM by Spawn Sack »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 06:20:33 AM »

Holy smokes man. You must be a hit at parties! "You know, that dip is high in trans fats, which are correlated with heart disease." "Hey there, I couldn't help but notice you've had more than 4 drinks in two hours. Technically your consumption would quality as binge drinking."

And yes, in some cases cannabis has triggered symptoms consistent with psychosis. However, this is not the norm (!) Like you said "small proportion." In other words, who cares? If you try it and don't enjoy it, then don't use it again. Most people I know who tried it and did not enjoy it simply don't try it again. Kind of like people of lose their minds on booze, hopefully you have enough common sense to lay off the stuff.

FYI there pal I pulled that word for word off of the provincial government website related to ( their research ) on Cannibis. The very people that sell you the dope openly tell you what the risks are.

The erratic jibber jabber you've been spewing here shows me how unstable a real chronic user of cannibis can be. There are plenty of "normal" users but you my friend are going off the deep end. The stigma is well and alive with you. Get a grip !
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 08:06:28 AM by Hike_and_fish »

GordJ

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2019, 10:44:25 AM »

FYI there pal I pulled that word for word off of the provincial government website related to ( their research ) on Cannibis. The very people that sell you the dope openly tell you what the risks are.

The erratic jibber jabber you've been spewing here shows me how unstable a real chronic user of cannibis can be. There are plenty of "normal" users but you my friend are going off the deep end. The stigma is well and alive with you. Get a grip !
Sorry to point out another obvious error in your posts but the provincial government doesn't sell pot. And I would not live my life by what the government tells me, they are actually really just people with all the biases and misconceptions that are present in society and they tailor the message to get themselves elected again.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2019, 10:51:09 AM »

The erratic jibber jabber you've been spewing here shows me how unstable a real chronic user of cannabis can be. There are plenty of "normal" users but you my friend are going off the deep end. The stigma is well and alive with you. Get a grip !

Alright alright, I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I say we hug it out, fist pump, agree to disagree.
I would like to propose a party at Dave's house for all involved in this discussion!
Jamier, H&F, and others can try cannabis in a safe environment. In the unlikely event one of develops paranoia and needs a safe space, the safe-word is "adipose." We'll find you a dark room or something.
A-Boater will have his own impromptu stand up comedy show.
Maybe Dave will even demo part of a rod build for those interested?!
I'll take care of the midget strippers?
Who's in?

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2019, 11:41:08 AM »

Sorry to point out another obvious error in your posts but the provincial government doesn't sell pot.

I take no joy in pointing out your obvious error, unless your are arguing that the BCLDB is not the provincial gov’t

https://www.bcldbcannabisupdates.com/

GordJ

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2019, 11:51:40 AM »

I take no joy in pointing out your obvious error, unless your are arguing that the BCLDB is not the provincial gov’t

https://www.bcldbcannabisupdates.com/
I stand corrected. My apologies.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2019, 11:54:18 AM »

Alright alright, I think we got off on the wrong foot here. I say we hug it out, fist pump, agree to disagree.
I would like to propose a party at Dave's house for all involved in this discussion!
Jamier, H&F, and others can try cannabis in a safe environment. In the unlikely event one of develops paranoia and needs a safe space, the safe-word is "adipose." We'll find you a dark room or something.
A-Boater will have his own impromptu stand up comedy show.
Maybe Dave will even demo part of a rod build for those interested?!
I'll take care of the midget strippers?
Who's in?

Haha!! 
I'm with SS, the intent of my post was all good.  I firmly believe cannabis is good for me, and I also think it would be beneficial to many others.
Back to my original post - just tried some Blueberry Blast, a mainly sativa blend, and I highly recommend it ;D

Jk47

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2019, 12:12:24 PM »

Indica dominant hybrid Blue Cheese Alien is pretty amazing, though I haven’t been able to find it for awhile. Can never go wrong with good old death bubba...

spoiler

« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »

I love the creative names given to all these different strains!
A friend I have that grows his own and tinkers with a lot of different strains has one he calls "wheelchair"
He says that's what you will need if you smoke too much!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2019, 03:16:56 PM »

I love the creative names given to all these different strains!
A friend I have that grows his own and tinkers with a lot of different strains has one he calls "wheelchair"
He says that's what you will need if you smoke too much!

So true, mostly marketing I suppose. I think I once read all pot available today is from about a dozen different varieties, from 3 sub groups: sativa, indica, and ruderalis.
Anyone have more info?

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2019, 06:07:23 PM »

Haha!! 
I'm with SS, the intent of my post was all good.  I firmly believe cannabis is good for me, and I also think it would be beneficial to many others.
Back to my original post - just tried some Blueberry Blast, a mainly sativa blend, and I highly recommend it ;D

It's funny, some of the most uptight, sphincters clenched 24/7, stressed out, high blood pressure, trouble sleeping, people I have met are often the same people who truly believe cannabis is "the Devil's lettuce." It's ironic as they are the ones who would likely benefit the most from its usage! To add further insult to injury, most of these people are on all sorts of prescription meds for this and that: pain … insomnia … stress … anxiety … different prescription meds to counter the negative side effects of other prescription meds, you get the picture.

Now, I am not saying cannabis is the panacea for all ailments, and I'm certainly not saying that there are not some cases where pharmaceutical meds are the best choice.
However, if you rely on pills and/or booze to relax, or sleep, or whatever, you might be surprised to find out that cannabis works equally as well, or better, and has less undesirable side effects.

Myself, booze is not really for me. I enjoy the odd single malt scotch and a good wine or dark beer with a nice meal. I don't enjoy the feeling of being drunk, and if I do get pissed I will pay for it for days. The effects of cannabis, by contrast, I find much more enjoyable and relaxing, and the next day I feel like a spring chicken. Zero hangover.

I can totally respect people who gave it a try and just did not like it for whatever reason. I have no respect for people who have not tried it (or have but it was pushing half a century ago) and insist on preaching about its dangers/evils, how it makes you a useless automaton, and how bad it is for your body and brain. You are dinosaurs and one day your dated views will be extinct.   

BBarley

« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2019, 10:33:01 PM »

This thread is more entertaining than useful for the layman......

I don't agree with the back and forth of the users and non users, fun dialogue but it accomplishes absolutely zip. I'm more curious about the possible health benefits that come with legalization and removing the taboo culture that came with it. Surely the cannabinoid receptors have just as big of a part to play as our opioid receptors when it comes to medical advancement. (Please don't crucify this with post some fentanyl OD rhetoric as every substance has abusers and sad outcomes)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2019, 09:05:23 AM »

Meh, "general discussion" board on a free fishing forum website. If you are looking for the latest empirical studies on the health benefits of THC/CBC then I think you came to the wrong website.
Sorry, that came across a bit dickish. You raise some valid points.
I like this discussion as it helps to remove the stigma and I've learned a few new strains I plan to test out.