Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What pot strains are you using?  (Read 18942 times)

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
Re: What pot strains are you using?
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 02:44:40 PM »

i don't believe the stigma will always be there. i think the stigma will end when a certain age group passes on. this age group were brainwashed by propaganda and now believe it has fact. i hardly meet any young people whether they smoke it or not have such strong opinions on the matter as the latter group.  just my 2 cents

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 03:14:59 PM »

i don't believe the stigma will always be there. i think the stigma will end when a certain age group passes on. this age group were brainwashed by propaganda and now believe it has fact. i hardly meet any young people whether they smoke it or not have such strong opinions on the matter as the latter group.  just my 2 cents
I'll second that .. when I told my grandson I smoked pot he said, "so"?  Non pot smokers about my age, however,  thought I was on my way to snorting cocaine or injecting heroin.

I really hope the stigma attached does disappear, but it's going to take a while. 
For the fence sitters out there, give it a try, you just might like it. And, sex is great when you're buzzed (if I remember correctly) ;D

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 08:05:39 PM »

My old man is the biggest closet stoner you ever met. I remember fishing brown road with him 10 years ago. I would lite while we were walking the trail. One time a women was walking towards us but about a hundred yards away and he wanted to duck in the bushes for cover. I'm like forget it she's a mile away. Relax!!

I feel bad for people like him and they are out there. I think alot of the paranoia people get on weed is stemmed from the risk of getting caught or judged.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »

My old man is the biggest closet stoner you ever met. I remember fishing brown road with him 10 years ago. I would lite while we were walking the trail. One time a women was walking towards us but about a hundred yards away and he wanted to duck in the bushes for cover. I'm like forget it she's a mile away. Relax!!

I feel bad for people like him and they are out there. I think alot of the paranoia people get on weed is stemmed from the risk of getting caught or judged.

It is commonly known that smoking cannabis can produce a number of effects in the average person that resemble some of the symptoms of psychosis. These include anxiety, paranoia and delusional beliefs. Generally, these effects are fairly short-lasting, and there are no remaining problems after the drugs have worn off.

Researchers are now concerned that there may be a small proportion of the general population who are much more vulnerable to the effects of cannabis. With enough use of the drug, these people may develop long-lasting or even permanent psychosis.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:14 PM »

Paranoia feeling ya that jogs a memory. 99% no paranoia as ya feel mellow & like listening some music or communication seems more exciting & laugh at whatever. But ya 1% of the time we'd as a group in the stone felt paranoid.
Four of us were going to a movie theatre in New Westminster ..Odeon Theatre on 6th St. We drove around the block where the theatre was, lighting up joint after joint as we wanted to get stoned for the movie. The smoke filled the car & we opened the window & though it's dark & rainy we are so so paranoid a New Westminster police car may be in the area. It was like our heads were turning 360 looking for a police car to pop out from somewhere. 80% sure the police were about to stop us.
 Well none did & when buying movie tickets we were trying to look normal ....finally after getting into our seats we started to enjoy the night....back in the 70s.
But once a friend & I drove motor bikes for hrs going up logging roads & into a mountainous area in the Caribou. Then we got into a really nice flat meadow area. Spaced trees & nice 6-8 inch grass...we put up a small tent & then noticed there were a herd of cows in this area!!! Sure surprised us. Anyways we lit up some hash in a pipe my friend made out of a plant & hallowed it out ...put aluminium foil over hole taped it with a bandaid so foil stayed put. Put some little holes in foil. Had the hash but no pipe so my friend was so creative to make a pipe right then & there. Placed hash lit & toked up. We had to lay on our backs & toke as the self made pipe was about 4-5 inches long & straight. As we passed it to each other we had to be careful to keep the pipe straight up facing the sky sort of idea. ( we were in the tent ) But that hash got us so ripped & maybe because we were quite tired from riding motor bikes all day on logging roads that 40% of the time had big loose rocks & ya had to make sure ya did not wipe out. It was so beautiful & peaceful,stars, getting dark out & no wind , nice & warm. But then we just got super paranoid thoughts.
The cows were about 25-40 yds away just standing there & most were looking at us. Then both of us literally got this crazy idea that these were past human beings that after they died came back as these cows. It was like the spirit of that cow was really a human being looking at us but in cow external form.
Somehow we came up with the idea ,we knew what these cows were planning. In the middle of the night these cows are planning to come over to our camping tent & walk on top of it ( small 2 person tent ) & trample us!!!!! .We were totally convinced of this. So we must of spent one hour gathering branches / small logs just anything to create a fence or barrier around our tent for protection. We must of got those branches / logs built at least 2.5-3 ft high & in a big circle around our tent. So we went to bed & slept good.  In the am it's a nice bright sunny day & no longer stoned we exited the tent with the plan to ride our bikes back down the mt. to the cabin by the lake where we are staying.  To our surprise the fence we built that was 2.5 /3 ft high was totally scattered about. Not one place was there a fence. Totally scattered !!!
We thought the cows must of come close to our tent & just knocked the branches / small logs down but how they scattered them so flat & not somehow trampling our small tent is beyond me. Or waking us up??? Crazy. But that is how hash affected us that time. 99% of the time nothing like this happens when smoking pot or hash.
Pot is legal now of course & think hash is also a choice / option that people can buy also ( ???? ) so ya pot & hash at times can get ya paranoid. Will just stick to my red wine. Oh ya 45 nearly 50 yrs later I still have that home made plant pipe my friend made up on that mountain. Never used it again but the bandaid aluminium foil etc ...it's still intact. It 's in some storage box.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 12:16:55 AM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »

Watch out for pot.. it's a gateway drug to harder drugs concocted by Satan himself. Heathen thy sinners. Yall need to find Hesus.

That being said check out "Stressed and depressed" on 41st and knight in Vancouver. Just need I.D and over 18. $60 half ounzes from the vending machine that are KILLER bud, or 7$ a gram from the various choices of jar stock at the counter. I haven't been smoking lately but I get it for my brother from there and have got it there for a few years. I'll be sad when the stupid new prices of the government kick in someday.

;D
Drugs only...your just touching the tip of the iceberg. Tons of more tricks & devices "Mr Darkness" uses .
His tackle box is full of lures. He's reeling them in left & right.  ;D
But getting back to pot...& wine I have a faith yes but see no problem with these in moderation. Harder drugs yes of course stay away !!!

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »

Paranoia feeling ya that jogs a memory. 99% no paranoia as ya feel mellow & like listening some music or communication seems more exciting & laugh at whatever. But ya 1% of the time we'd as a group in the stone felt paranoid.
Four of us were going to a movie theatre in New Westminster ..Odeon Theatre on 6th St. We drove around the block where the theatre was, lighting up joint after joint as we wanted to get stoned for the movie. The smoke filled the car & we opened the window & though it's dark & rainy we are so so paranoid a New Westminster police car may be in the area. It was like our heads were turning 360 looking for a police car to pop out from somewhere. 80% sure the police were about to stop us.
 Well none did & when buying movie tickets we were trying to look normal ....finally after getting into our seats we started to enjoy the night....back in the 70s.
But once a friend & I drove motor bikes for hrs going up logging roads & into a mountainous area in the Caribou. Then we got into a really nice flat meadow area. Spaced trees & nice 6-8 inch grass...we put up a small tent & then noticed there were a herd of cows in this area!!! Sure surprised us. Anyways we lit up some hash in a pipe my friend made out of a plant & hallowed it out ...put aluminium foil over hole taped it with a bandaid so foil stayed put. Put some little holes in foil. Had the hash but no pipe so my friend was so creative to make a pipe right then & there. Placed hash lit & toked up. We had to lay on our backs & toke as the self made pipe was about 4-5 inches long & straight. As we passed it to each other we had to be careful to keep the pipe straight up facing the sky sort of idea. ( we were in the tent ) But that hash got us so ripped & maybe because we were quite tired from riding motor bikes all day on logging roads that 40% of the time had big loose rocks & ya had to make sure ya did not wipe out. It was so beautiful & peaceful,stars, getting dark out & no wind , nice & warm. But then we just got super paranoid thoughts.
The cows were about 25-40 yds away just standing there & most were looking at us. Then both of us literally got this crazy idea that these were past human beings that after they died came back as these cows. It was like the spirit of that cow was really a human being looking at us but in cow external form.
Somehow we came up with the idea ,we knew what these cows were planning. In the middle of the night these cows are planning to come over to our camping tent & walk on top of it ( small 2 person tent ) & trample us!!!!! .We were totally convinced of this. So we must of spent one hour gathering branches / small logs just anything to create a fence or barrier around our tent for protection. We must of got those branches / logs built at least 2.5-3 ft high & in a big circle around our tent. So we went to bed & slept good.  In the am it's a nice bright sunny day & no longer stoned we exited the tent with the plan to ride our bikes back down the mt. to the cabin by the lake where we are staying.  To our surprise the fence we built that was 2.5 /3 ft high was totally scattered about. Not one place was there a fence. Totally scattered !!!
We thought the cows must of come close to our tent & just knocked the branches / small logs down but how they scattered them so flat & not somehow trampling our small tent is beyond me. Or waking us up??? Crazy. But that is how hash affected us that time. 99% of the time nothing like this happens when smoking pot or hash.
Pot is legal now of course & think hash is also a choice / option that people can buy also ( ???? ) so ya pot & hash at times can get ya paranoid. Will just stick to my red wine. Oh ya 45 nearly 50 yrs later I still have that home made plant pipe my friend made up on that mountain. Never used it again but the bandaid aluminium foil etc ...it's still intact. It 's in some storage box.

Holy cow man that's a mouth full.

Shinny

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 09:38:50 PM »

Watch out for pot.. it's a gateway drug to harder drugs concocted by Satan himself. Heathen thy sinners. Yall need to find Hesus.

That being said check out "Stressed and depressed" on 41st and knight in Vancouver. Just need I.D and over 18. $60 half ounzes from the vending machine that are KILLER bud, or 7$ a gram from the various choices of jar stock at the counter. I haven't been smoking lately but I get it for my brother from there and have got it there for a few years. I'll be sad when the stupid new prices of the government kick in someday.

;D

Stressed and depressed are the old owners of the bc pain society location at Broadway and renfrew. The vending machines are great. There is another BC Pain Society located at commercial and 16th. Same deal, 18+ Vending machines with $60/$70/$80 half’s and counter sales.

BCPS used to carry the honey oil cartridges for those small battery vaporizers. Unfortunately the guy who made them doesn’t anymore. Distillates and oils aren’t regulated yet so they cannot be sold. The oil pens are wicked though 90+% THC and no smell. In laws are over dinner....take a 5min trip to the garage , couple puffs and your good to go.

Medi Cana on boundary and Hastings has a version of the honey pens made by elite extracts. It’s pretty decent for $50. If your looking to get stoned and not smell this is for you.

Walleye76

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »

I agree the stigma will disappear with the generation that was brough up to believe it is the "devils lettuce" and will lead you to shooting up in no time. As with any vice if you do it excessively it will have a negative effect but put that beside excessive use of alcohol and I would say those effects are minimal in comparison. In my experience I have found the people I have been around who get anxiety/paranoia feel that way when smoke sativa strains, which is more of a "head high" in comparison to indicas being more of a body melo high. My better half simply can not smoke sativa for this reason. To me personally I dont have an issue smoking either so I stick to indicas simply so she can partake when she feels like it. I enjoy rockstar, bubba death kush, black ice and high octain strains as of late.

John Revolver

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2019, 08:37:16 PM »

been using purepull brand sativa oil carts lately. switching over to extracts and a vape pen has been a total game changer.

vaping CBD has pretty much eliminated tylenol/asprin and I can hike hard with zero pain,aches or soreness the next day. 

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2019, 10:51:06 PM »

This topic doesnt bother me. The smell does. Same goes for cigs. The stigma still remains in my eyes. I used to toke in my early 20's. Glad I quit. I can still remeber how useless I felt. Like a perpetual state of existing with no gains. No goals and no real success. I quit, my career took off, started a business, own multiple properties, new vehicles, a nice boat and a family. I'm sure there are some successful potheads out there but the majority of stoners I know are losers. Legalization is nothing more than the federal government dumbing down the population so they wont question anything. Think about it. The government can supply you with a high and booze. Why ? To control you.

Wow. How old are you? Mid to late 90s? Seems some people are still stuck in the "reefer madness" way of thinking. So weed was not for you. So what. Now I would not disagree that SOME people who are weed pigs would qualify as "losers." I've met a few, stoned 24/7, no ambition, talk like they've had a stroke. However, the vast majority (!) of people with a little common sense do not smoke a pound of the stuff every day. Think of it like booze, a bit in moderation is fine for most people. Some people can't touch a drop without turning into a complete jerk. Most of my friends would qualify as "successful," most have a good job and nice homes/stuff, an undergraduate degree or higher, and guess what - most smoke a bit of weed! One guy is an accomplished MMA fighter. To believe that the "majority of stoners are losers" is incredibly inaccurate and myopic. About as logical as saying most people that eat McDonalds are fat. Weed - like alcohol or any other drug - affects each person differently, and each individual needs to judge if it is alright for them to use a little, a lot, or none at all.
And as for the government using weed to keep us dumb and control us? Really? I hope that comment was tongue and cheek. If you are actually serious you need to seriously pull your head out of your rectum and hang out with some intelligent pot smokers. Would change your perspective fast. Lastly I'll say that the most intelligent person I know, some would describe him as "intimidatingly smart," is a regular cannibas user; also is funny the guy can't touch a drop of booze as it turns him into a Neanderthal.   
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 10:53:25 PM by Spawn Sack »

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2019, 10:57:41 PM »

Dude, everyone knows you are smoking the devil's lettuce - time to come clean! I can't write s**t that good stoned, so how can you possibly sober? Seriously enjoy your stories LOL!! Holy crap man LOL!!

Jk47

« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »

This forum just gets weirder and weirder all the time

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »

Wow. How old are you? Mid to late 90s? Seems some people are still stuck in the "reefer madness" way of thinking. So weed was not for you. So what. Now I would not disagree that SOME people who are weed pigs would qualify as "losers." I've met a few, stoned 24/7, no ambition, talk like they've had a stroke. However, the vast majority (!) of people with a little common sense do not smoke a pound of the stuff every day. Think of it like booze, a bit in moderation is fine for most people. Some people can't touch a drop without turning into a complete jerk. Most of my friends would qualify as "successful," most have a good job and nice homes/stuff, an undergraduate degree or higher, and guess what - most smoke a bit of weed! One guy is an accomplished MMA fighter. To believe that the "majority of stoners are losers" is incredibly inaccurate and myopic. About as logical as saying most people that eat McDonalds are fat. Weed - like alcohol or any other drug - affects each person differently, and each individual needs to judge if it is alright for them to use a little, a lot, or none at all.
And as for the government using weed to keep us dumb and control us? Really? I hope that comment was tongue and cheek. If you are actually serious you need to seriously pull your head out of your rectum and hang out with some intelligent pot smokers. Would change your perspective fast. Lastly I'll say that the most intelligent person I know, some would describe him as "intimidatingly smart," is a regular cannibas user; also is funny the guy can't touch a drop of booze as it turns him into a Neanderthal.

Calm down and smoke a joint or something. It was just my opinion there snowflake. Relax.

StillAqua

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »

This forum just gets weirder and weirder all the time
Happens every winter when the members can't get out fishing enough to satiate the cravings. Like junkies tweaking out for a fix......