Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Four topics pick your choice if ya want to comment.  (Read 1655 times)

arimaBOATER

Four topics pick your choice if ya want to comment.
« on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:56 PM »

Noticed the discussion forum had been slow lately for my guess a lack of fishing by sports guys this time of year. Let me throw out four topics I have come across in the last 4 weeks. Feel free to comment on any one.
1 - Seen in the tv news about a Kelowna boat builder who is making electric powered boats. Apparently he is getting lots of interest from all over the world. Technology exists & ya know the cost of fuel.
2- normally I just use 2 dif. sized cast iron fry pans but wanted to use a non stick pan sometimes. The ones I bought (about 3 of them ) were disappointing. Eggs stuck to the surface...etc.
there are so many non stick products out there & know there must be many quality brands but WOW am I am happy camper with the 9.5 inch Starfrit The Rock which the outside comes in blue,red ,gold more? The inside cooking surface is dark grey with white specks. Bought for aprox $20.
I use only medium heat maximum as on medium heat the pan gets hot enough. ( electric glass top stove ) I put about 1 teaspoon olive oil & spread the oil with a small piece of paper towel. Use a plastic egg turner...these eggs every every time just slide about !!! Zero sticking !!!
Clean up of the pan is presto ...cleans so easily. If you wash a hot pan make sure you check hot water is coming out of the tap. Ya just do not want to put cold water in a hot pan. Could wrap or damage it.
Same for your chicken beef burgers pork ,fish ....pan works super. Highly recommend.
3) we sometimes think intestinal worms or parasites are more in developing countries...well it is very common in N America also. Yes folks wash your hands well & your vegs. & fruits ...after cleaning your cat litter box on & on... Sushi can have worms...bad drinking water, ...contaminated vegs & fruits...yes there can be bug/human poo on your fruit/ vegs...pets can have worms & transmit to human hosts.
Dog can get from other dog & then your dog gives it to you. So many types..round worms pin worms hook worms that are visible to the eyes they grow so big...others are not visible..parasites...
Do a youtube search on "intestinal worms and parasites"
One vid is something like: removing intestinal worms from bodybuilder in NY.
Wow he had so many tape worms they had to operate & cut into his intestines & pull them out !!!
So many his bowels were blocked !!! Obstruction.
Guess he ate undercooked beef or pork or fish ...even eggs if uncooked possibly could infect.
Many experts claim 50% of beef cow for the slaughter have worms/parasites...just gotta cook your food well. Plus if it's not the worms than insects like tick bites can get ya sickly. Mosquitos with west nile...
There is a insect called the kissing bug ...in S America Central America, Mexico , Southern USA states...
It comes out at night & normally bites on the human face. It then poos next to the bite. The person feels an itch where the bite is & scratches...if he or she rubs the poo into the wound...now there is an infection that gets into the blood stream...it may take 10 yrs but it attacks a persons heart !!!
Story of people from Vancouver going to Costa Rica & got bit by this kissing bug on the beach. Sand & some bushy trees nearby. Also talking about worms ...on the tv news about 1 month ago told of 4 ladies from the Vancouver area going to Jamaica for a vacation. They saw a few stray dogs running on the beach but it did not concern them. Well thru the yrs the dogs poo got into the sand...3 out of 4 ladies came home & they got tape worms !!! Entered thru their skin from the soles of their feet!!!
4) lastly really really happy with the Cuisinart electric grill !!!
Does a super job...easy to clean ...good drip tray ...cooks food from 2 sides...plates pop out for easy cleaning..( I soak them in a plastic container / hot soapy water for ten minutes & with white bar rag it just wipes clean !!! ) plates are also reversible. Griddle or grill.
Guess there are other good grills out there but this one I'm very happy with. Good choice of cooking setting too.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:36:56 PM by A-BOATER »

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Four topics pick your choice if ya want to comment.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

Wow! well done A-BOATER :D
I especially like the fry pan endorsement; hate crappy non-stick pans.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 09:21:30 PM »

Noticed the discussion forum had been slow lately for my guess a lack of fishing by sports guys this time of year. Let me throw out four topics I have come across in the last 4 weeks. Feel free to comment on any one.
1 - Seen in the tv news about a Kelowna boat builder who is making electric powered boats. Apparently he is getting lots of interest from all over the world. Technology exists & ya know the cost of fuel.
2- normally I just use 2 dif. sized cast iron fry pans but wanted to use a non stick pan sometimes. The ones I bought (about 3 of them ) were disappointing. Eggs stuck to the surface...etc.
there are so many non stick products out there & know there must be many quality brands but WOW am I am happy camper with the 9.5 inch Starfrit The Rock which the outside comes in blue,red ,gold more? The inside cooking surface is dark grey with white specks. Bought for aprox $20.
I use only medium heat maximum as on medium heat the pan gets hot enough. ( electric glass top stove ) I put about 1 teaspoon olive oil & spread the oil with a small piece of paper towel. Use a plastic egg turner...these eggs every every time just slide about !!! Zero sticking !!!
Clean up of the pan is presto ...cleans so easily. If you wash a hot pan make sure you check hot water is coming out of the tap. Ya just do not want to put cold water in a hot pan. Could wrap or damage it.
Same for your chicken beef burgers pork ,fish ....pan works super. Highly recommend.
3) we sometimes think intestinal worms or parasites are more in developing countries...well it is very common in N America also. Yes folks wash your hands well & your vegs. & fruits ...after cleaning your cat litter box on & on... Sushi can have worms...bad drinking water, ...contaminated vegs & fruits...yes there can be bug/human poo on your fruit/ vegs...pets can have worms & transmit to human hosts.
Dog can get from other dog & then your dog gives it to you. So many types..round worms pin worms hook worms that are visible to the eyes they grow so big...others are not visible..parasites...
Do a youtube search on "intestinal worms and parasites"
One vid is something like: removing intestinal worms from bodybuilder in NY.
Wow he had so many tape worms they had to operate & cut into his intestines & pull them out !!!
So many his bowels were blocked !!! Obstruction.
Guess he ate undercooked beef or pork or fish ...even eggs if uncooked possibly could infect.
Many experts claim 50% of beef cow for the slaughter have worms/parasites...just gotta cook your food well. Plus if it's not the worms than insects like tick bites can get ya sickly. Mosquitos with west nile...
There is a insect called the kissing bug ...in S America Central America, Mexico , Southern USA states...
It comes out at night & normally bites on the human face. It then poos next to the bite. The person feels an itch where the bite is & scratches...if he or she rubs the poo into the wound...now there is an infection that gets into the blood stream...it may take 10 yrs but it attacks a persons heart !!!
Story of people from Vancouver going to Costa Rica & got bit by this kissing bug on the beach. Sand & some bushy trees nearby. Also talking about worms ...on the tv news about 1 month ago told of 4 ladies from the Vancouver area going to Jamaica for a vacation. They saw a few stray dogs running on the beach but it did not concern them. Well thru the yrs the dogs poo got into the sand...3 out of 4 ladies came home & they got tape worms !!! Entered thru their skin from the soles of their feet!!!
4) lastly really really happy with the Cuisinart electric grill !!!
Does a super job...easy to clean ...good drip tray ...cooks food from 2 sides...plates pop out for easy cleaning..( I soak them in a plastic container / hot soapy water for ten minutes & with white bar rag it just wipes clean !!! ) plates are also reversible. Griddle or grill.
Guess there are other good grills out there but this one I'm very happy with. Good choice of cooking setting too.

Please disclose the strain of marijuana you smoked before writing this. Must acquire some!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:00:44 PM »

Wow! well done A-BOATER :D
I especially like the fry pan endorsement; hate crappy non-stick pans.
Thanks Dave. 3 crappy non stick pans took my money. But finally found a good one that works.
Spawn Sack no am not stoned in the 80s 90s 2000s ....60s & 70s yes. Joints smoked the size of cigars.
Those were wild times. Since this discussion forum has been so dead for the last 3-4 days thought I'd contribute. Out of four topics one of them should be bait for a strike.
Sometimes ya get skunked but so for caught two "fish".