Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead eggs  (Read 6901 times)

Jk47

Re: Steelhead eggs
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 07:18:24 PM »

Here's chef blog recipe: https://chefs-table.homebrewchef.com/recipes-archive/curingsalmonroe/
[/quote]
Maybe try this someday, thanks!
jk47,
next time you get steelhead eggs let me know and I'll cure them up for you as long as I get half.
you will be pleasantly surprised how good of caviar they make!

Spoiler: I was looking for info on how to do this myself, but certainly if I saw you on the river and happen to have a doe I would be tickled to hand over the eggs for you to work magic.

P.s... It’s amusing how many people don’t read through the entire thread before responding  ;D ;D ;D

stsfisher

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2019, 06:08:20 AM »

p.s... It’s amusing how many people don’t read through the entire thread before responding  ;D ;D ;D

Actually Jk47 to be fair your entire first post talks about curing eggs for fishing which leaves or leads the readers that direction with only a final word of "consumption" indicating you possible are referring to you eating them. I happened to catch my mistake after a second or 3rd read. I might suggest being somewhat clearer in your delivery next time.

Now the next time you decide to laugh or poke fun at others honest mistake, please think twice about the way you deliver that too. Yes I think this comment is un called for, but I may have read the intent in a different manner at which you wanted to deliver.
It’s amusing how many people don’t read through the entire thread before responding  ;D ;D ;D

Jk47

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2019, 06:31:16 AM »

Actually Stsfisher, if you took the time to read through “The entire thread” you would see that multiple responders made this same mistake, even after being corrected several times by myself and others. Thanks for the constructive criticism, I’m good though. Clearly other readers knew exactly what I was talking about, so yeah - read the WHOLE THREAD! I would never comment on a post without reading thru the whole thread first in order to inform myself of the direction of the conversation and thereby make a relevant contribution to the topic. Doesn’t make a stitch of sense to me! Jeeesh!

stsfisher

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2019, 09:09:19 AM »

Actually Stsfisher, if you took the time to read through “The entire thread” you would see that multiple responders made this same mistake, even after being corrected several times by myself and others. Thanks for the constructive criticism, I’m good though. Clearly other readers knew exactly what I was talking about, so yeah - read the WHOLE THREAD! I would never comment on a post without reading thru the whole thread first in order to inform myself of the direction of the conversation and thereby make a relevant contribution to the topic. Doesn’t make a stitch of sense to me! Jeeesh!
More disrespect, but that's ok I have big shoulders. Jeesh.
Feel free to dm me for any other insults you wish to throw around so we don't derail your Thread, as we would hate for others to misinterpret your intentions by only reading part of the thread.
Cheers :)

spoiler

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »

Hey jk47,
 I understand you want to learn how to cure Steelhead eggs for consumption but for me to explain the process would give me finger cramps from typing it out!
P.S. I'm still one of those guys that only uses two fingers on my keyboard!
 If you get some more steelhead roe and live in the Chilliwack area I would gladly show you hands-on how to do it.
It's one of those things that is easier to show a person than it is to describe it in words

Jk47

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 10:28:21 AM »

More disrespect, but that's ok I have big shoulders. Jeesh.
Feel free to dm me for any other insults you wish to throw around so we don't derail your Thread, as we would hate for others to misinterpret your intentions by only reading part of the thread.
Cheers :)
Show me once in this convo that I have literally insulted you stsfisher. Unbelievable. See? Spoiler understands.... it’s really not rocket science.
Hey Spoiler p.m. your phone number and next doe I will deliver the eggs and a coffee, cheers!

Jk47

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 02:43:05 PM »

No pm from you Spoiler and I got another doe today  ;D
This fish has been in the river a little longer and the eggs are bigger and looser... still chrome though  ;)

spoiler

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 07:32:07 PM »

check your email!