Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Private lakes now will be open to public  (Read 7325 times)

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: Private lakes now will be open to public
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 06:41:21 AM »

the funny thing is it took you about 4 weeks to point this out ... slow on the up take aren't ya...LOL!

All hail Ralph. The smartest man alive. Must be lonely on top of that pedestal Ralph.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »

maybe one day you'll learn to have a conversation on points of disagreement without hurling adolescent insults?

Nah!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 10:57:10 AM »

the funny thing is it took you about 4 weeks to point this out ... slow on the up take aren't ya...LOL!

I don't know if I would characterize this comment as an adolescent insult, condescending, sarcasm or mockery. It's rich on so many different levels!

When I look into your glass house, I see a log in your eye and a black pot on the stove.     

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 12:09:02 PM »

... turnabout is fair play. As for 'obvious', reading some responses on the thread shows this not to be so!

I gotta say having a log in my eye is quite a trick. Hee Hee

To get his discussion back on topic, even if DLR's appeal fails, I don't see any big win for sport anglers or the public as result of the ruling. DLR may simply close their lodge and terminate their fish stocking operations. If so there is no certainly the Province will take over management & stocking given the difficult access the court ruling stipulates. Neither lake had a history of sustaining trout for any length of time until DLR got involved. The Province stopped stocking Minnie because it consistently summer killed due water draw downs for irrigation of the ranch. DLR may now have both right and incentive to big water draws for growing hay on the surrounding land.

It's pretty certain the issue will be on hold for some years yet as it works it's way through the court system.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:41:57 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 01:20:38 PM »

maybe one day you'll learn to have a conversation on points of disagreement without hurling adolescent insults?

Nah!

Maybe one day you'll learn to join in on a conversation yourself pal. You should try it sometimes. Reading your responses makes me gag. You almost always have to be right. It amazes me that someone as narcissistic as you manages to get by in life.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »

Maybe one day you'll learn to join in on a conversation yourself pal. You should try it sometimes. Reading your responses makes me gag. You almost always have to be right. It amazes me that someone as narcissistic as you manages to get by in life.

::)

mcallagan

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 03:40:01 PM »

Other public lakes in this area still have big fish in them. They haven't been raped.

Lodges exist on many lakes that are not privately owned and make good bucks at it.

Maybe the DLCR could get the FFS to stock this now public lake and they can run the lodge on it.

There is no excuse why these lakes would not still be viable for a good fishing experience with a lodge and public fishing.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »

True. Roche and Tunkwa have been fairly successful. I go to the lodge at Lac Le Juene every couple of years and they are pretty frank little of their business comes from fishing customers. Bird watchers are a far bigger part of the clientele & that anglers and birders don't always mix well.  Maybe DLR has to think of 'diversifying' in some way. Trouble I see is conflict with their base enterprise is ranching.  If the process plays out with on going conflict the Province and may just choose not to get involved. No fish in those lakes, likely no conflict.

mcallagan

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2019, 09:12:29 AM »