Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Better to give than receive...maybe not in this case !!!  (Read 3427 times)

arimaBOATER

Better to give than receive...maybe not in this case !!!
« on: February 21, 2019, 11:57:05 AM »

Well after my dad got sickly & then died 6 yrs later ...sold our Arima Sea Explorer 1996 for a super deal $8000. The boat was stored under cover & though it was bought used the previous owner took care of it because the boat was in A-1 condition. He loved the water boating & fishing. Well since than time my fishing is limited to bar fishing around Richmond. A lot cheaper & but still fun.
Boating 3 x a week from Spring Summer & fall was not uncommon.
Remember going from Richmond to New West. against a faster than normal current ( Spring/snow melt ) & literally dodging every 10 seconds wood debris in the water.

That's the big stuff ...the little bits of debris hitting the hull ... Fun but would not want to do that trip too many times as it would become not fun.
No more boat / plus no more caring for my dad ( care aid ) has given lots of time to read a lot of fishing articles. The world is covered by 3/4 water plus rivers lakes streams so it's not surprising there is a lot of stories on fishing boating ....
Vancouver just finished their yearly major boat show.
One article that caught my attention was about Panama giving Chinese seiners the ok to come into their waters & target tuna. The Chinese have factory ships so ya know many tons of tuna will be netted.
Sport fishermen/ladies come from all over the world to go after marlin & yellow fin tuna.
The worry is with tons of tuna harvested it will affect the other populations of fish. Food chain.
Over 100 million spent yearly by sports fishing activities in Panama. Will there be a lesson to be learned?
Guess canal makes so much $$$ for the country they do not care if tuna are taken.
So many other fishing articles that are so interesting.
Posts have been so few lately ...maybe it's like sheep. Slow post lately & everyone like sheep do not post. Yous are 10x more smarter than me in fishing topics & I still post.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
Re: Better to give than receive...maybe not in this case !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 05:59:59 PM »

The lack of posts is the becoming the norm on fishing forums. Some have bitten the dust in the last few yrs. It has had its time and now is a dying format as social media is taking over and many anglers have left for the greener pastures of FB and IG. I personally check in here from time to time but prefer to engage in social media where you can “like” a post and “follow” local anglers many of them posting fantastic pics of their catches on a regular basis. Way better format IMO. Just my 2 cents on the lack of posts that u mention on your thread. Cheers

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:13:59 PM »

What!! Social media is taking over the forums?? ;D

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:04:37 PM »

Perhaps it's due to the fairly narrow bandwidth of interest of this particular forum, which by and large is fairly local and thereby fairly limited.

I know I'd be bummed if this forum disappeared as it's still, for me, the most convenient place to get answers to specific questions regarding local situations.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »

The lack of posts is the becoming the norm on fishing forums. Some have bitten the dust in the last few yrs. It has had its time and now is a dying format as social media is taking over and many anglers have left for the greener pastures of FB and IG. I personally check in here from time to time but prefer to engage in social media where you can “like” a post and “follow” local anglers many of them posting fantastic pics of their catches on a regular basis. Way better format IMO. Just my 2 cents on the lack of posts that u mention on your thread. Cheers

Yes that seems the be the case. However, places lile FVFA is ran by a bunch of morons who offer up little to no advise to the new to fishing crowd and often mock or make fun of the newbies. Not to mention the blatant racism that takes place by some well knows people in the fishing community.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 12:32:08 PM »

Yes that seems the be the case. However, places lile FVFA is ran by a bunch of morons who offer up little to no advise to the new to fishing crowd and often mock or make fun of the newbies. Not to mention the blatant racism that takes place by some well knows people in the fishing community.
Wow that's a mouthful. Never heard ya lie yet. Actually your posts are very insightful.
As for FWR sometimes feel I 'll be banned. Did get banned from one fishing site but that's because "somehow"  ::) mentioned gospel topics mixed in(where does a person go when they die? 2 places  :))..looking back "guilty as charged". Well I was new in posting & had to learn the ropes. Whenever I could not sign in FWR thought: gee I maybe got banned.  ;D

Anyways Hike & fish hope ya read my comment where I said "sorry". Thought it was you but was wrong about me coming out of the closet & admit I still smoke pot. No it was another member. Honest mistake on my part.
Every forum has people with dif. ages,backgrounds,way of life etc..so there will always be non agreement on various issues. Guess it's kinda like a marriage...it's not always bliss as every marriage has it's rocky times. Mine sure does. But goal is to keep on & strive to make it better.
Yesterday is gone ,it's today & future plans that count. Can ya imagine the Canucks saying we have been to the Cup finals 3 times & we lost 4-0 , 4-3 , & 4-3 in each series so...we give up. Our team will remember those losing series & we do not want to try to win the Cup anymore.

Each day is a new start!
My thinking is this site has had so many posting & it can get very active again.
Side note: noon news shows lots of snow falling in various places in LML.
Gee hope your not getting too much snow where you live. Richmond at least in my block West Richmond there is no new snow. Past snow is nearly all melted in fact.
Have a good weekend / be safe everyone. Over & out for a day or two or three.

bobby b

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 01:11:30 PM »

What a truly odd thread this is?!?!

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 01:13:52 PM »

What do you expect when you see who started it.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »

The Fraser valley fishing addicts Facebook page has been bought up by numerous First Nations to DFO.  While I think its good in the awareness the site has bought to issues like illegal netting and by catch of gill nets.

I believe its also done some irreparable damage between the two communities.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »

What a truly odd thread this is?!?!
Bet if I talked with these two guys I maybe think there's something odd about yous.
Well ya can't control people's tongues..tongue is like a rudder on a ship  ;D
Yous made my pt in my last post.
We all come from dif backgrounds & cannot all agree on every issue.
Mixing pot.
Go look in the mirror.
Sad part ya cannot escape yourself but good part ya can be more positive not a cranky old fart who shits their pants...that's what neg. posters remind me of. Always negative.
Gee I lied & posted again too quick.
Well your posts were so negative ,someone had to respond! Ya me.
wildmanyeah heard a story of sports guys in a boat doing some & saying some nasty things to natives on the shore. Stuff like that stirs the pot & as ya say it happens on forums.
I had a bullet zip by my head while boating on the Fraser. FN net boats near by. It's a vicious circle.
I just steered the boat to a dif location on the river...far away from their boats.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 01:38:28 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 01:41:26 PM »

Bet if I talked with these two guys I maybe think there's something odd about yous.
Well ya can't control people's tongues..tongue is like a rudder on a ship  ;D
Yous made my pt in my last post.
We all come from dif backgrounds & cannot all agree on every issue.
Mixing pot.
Go look in the mirror.
Sad part ya cannot escape yourself but good part ya can be more positive not a cranky old fart who shits their pants...that's what neg. posters remind me of. Always negative.
Gee I lied & posted again too quick.
Well your posts were so negative ,someone had to respond! Ya me.
wildmanyeah heard a story of sports guys in a boat doing some & saying some nasty things to natives on the shore. Stuff like that stirs the pot & as ya say it happens on forums.
I had a bullet zip by my head while boating on the Fraser. FN net boats near by. It's a vicious circle.
I just steered the boat to a dif location on the river...far away from their boats. But will not condemn all natives that day...maybe one bad apple in the bunch.