Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Grey Cup 2018. Ottawa vs Calgary.  (Read 4059 times)

arimaBOATER

Grey Cup 2018. Ottawa vs Calgary.
« on: November 25, 2018, 12:53:35 PM »

Grey Cup game in Edmonton thus 1000s of Stamp fans will make the drive /charter bus/fly to the game.
Stamps have lost some recent Cups to TO & Ottawa.
Surely the Stamps are soooooo wanting to get a W in this one.
If not then this core team will be known for doing super during the season but blow it in the big game.
Pressure to W is 10x more than the pressure on Ottawa.
Hamilton went down in flames last week.
Winnipeg down in flames as well.
Who will be going down in flames today?
Sk Roughriders made it to the big dance with Ronny Lancaster only to mostly lose. Ouch.
Calgary should win is my guess. They must be so super determined & will be super charged.
Let's see if they do not gets butterflies in the situation. If the Stamps come out early & make plays all will be ok...but if they fumble or drop easy passes etc...it will just snowball & get worse.
Not too cold in Edmonton.
Sure would be a nice weather conditions if the game was in Vancouver. Mild very mild ...roof would be open is my guess.
Honestly do not know who to cheer for. All the best to both teams. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Grey Cup 2018. Ottawa vs Calgary.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:01:05 PM »

Go RedBlacks

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 07:35:44 PM »

Go RedBlacks
RedBlacks made a game of it thru. 90% of the game but fumbles intercepts run backs for TD after a kick.....plus they were doing well in the 2nd half marching down the field with running plays & short 7-8 yd throws ...then still with TONS of time start throwing long bombs !!!! Incomplete. Why???
They were doing great with chipping away with short passes & runs...only to throw long for intercepts or incomplete throws.
Ottawa shot themselves in the foot. Good on the Stamps for not folding after two losses ....
2-2 is better than 1-3.
The field was the pits. Icy & slippery. With the yr being 2018 why is there icy fields ??? The turf should be heated in some way like our heated vehicle seats in winter.
Anyways happy for the Stamps. Wally eat your heart out. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »

I agree with your assessment A-BOATER that there was really no need to be bombing away at that point in the game. The turning point was the punt return for a touchdown on the last play of the first half. 3 Ottawa players were undisciplined and left their coverage lanes and Williams made them pay.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 12:28:19 AM »

I agree with your assessment A-BOATER that there was really no need to be bombing away at that point in the game. The turning point was the punt return for a touchdown on the last play of the first half. 3 Ottawa players were undisciplined and left their coverage lanes and Williams made them pay.
Yes that was a TD that kinda punched Ottawa in the gut. Right at the end of the first half.
Wind outta their sails. Ottawa made so so so many mistakes on the field & play calling.
The half time entertainment was for the younger crowd I think so here is some post-game go go music.
YouTube Vids: Roy Clark can play any gene.
Elvis -His last flame Remix Hot Girl Shuffle dancing.
Johnny Cash and Roy Clark -Folsom prison blues
Cliff Richards & The Shadows the final tour -move it.
500 miles back to the 1960s a song is from Japan.
Nishida Hikaru take me home country roads
Sarah Conner Son of a preacher man
Kenny Rogers a Dolly Parton Islands in the stream Live
Tom Jones Green green grass of home 31 December 2009
Glen Campbell & Roy Clark play Ghost Riders in the sky
Ricky Nelson sweeter than you
ZZ Top with John Fogerty play Creedence best hits
And lastly.....
Diana Ross -Amazing Grace.
Lots of the above have passed on .....Roy Clark just recently.
If ya check any of the above youtube songs....hope ya enjoyed them !!!!