Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Donate as I sleep out on the downtown eastside in support of homeless youth  (Read 2005 times)

salmonsturgeontrout

On November 05 I'm Sleeping Out in south surrey, so homeless youth don't have to!

That's right, Mercedes S. and  I will sleep outside for one night in solidarity with those youth who may face many more cold, lonely nights until they find their way through the doors of Covenant House Vancouver. Vancouver's downtown streets are dangerous. Sexual exploitation, drug abuse, poverty and illness are commonplace.
Many youth are re-victimized on the streets, having fled one unsafe situation only to find their circumstances are often worse. Exposed to the elements, lonely, afraid and without hope; this is the reality for our youth.

By making a donation to me, you are helping to provide critical funds and awareness for programs at Covenant House Vancouver.

Please help me do my small part to make sure the doors stay open for all those youth who need them. Please support me by giving generously! http://support.covenanthousebc.org/site/TR/Events/FY19SleepOutJRG?px=1254692&pg=personal&fr_id=1190
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:24:30 PM by salmonsturgeontrout »

fishdreamer

Good on you. I will throw some $ in for you. Covenant House is agreat organization.

Eskimo

Done.. Good on you for doing this. Great Cause...

salmonsturgeontrout

Thank you so much for your donations, it goes to a great cause

salmonsturgeontrout

Just a reminder to all that tonight I will be sleeping outside in south surrey for homeless youth, in case the mood strikes you, donations will be accepted until the end of November and ALL donations will be triple matched by an anonymous donor. visit http://support.covenanthousebc.org/goto/kevinbowen to donate to a great cause and  Thank you to all who support Covenant House BC