Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you do with invasive species?  (Read 4767 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: What do you do with invasive species?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 04:10:26 PM »

Caught some in a lake in 1960s near Peachland. A fish is a fish. Let them stay. Fun to catch.
But think of the surprise a kayaker got when he spotted a 3-4 ft alligator in Lake Michigan recently.
Alligator caught & doing well in some refuge. 

zap brannigan

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 09:32:02 PM »

i kill em all.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 11:49:39 AM »

I'd be interested to know, from the few people who have said they kill & discard every bass they catch, just how many you have caught & killed in the last 12 months.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 02:46:45 PM »

--killing them all is the best incentive/excuse for a bucket brigade to create their own private fishery in yet another area where we don't want them.
--in the Okanagan, we have a legitimate Bass fishery...Fish planted in Skaha lk by the ministry in mid-1980's. there are bass in every lake downstream... Vaseau, Osoyoos and all the way down the Columbia. Bass were also planted in Christeena many years ago...again by fisheries. If managed with a view to get some trophy size fish then those who seek to fish Bass will come here and fish them. If people purposely fish to destroy or downgrade the fishery...especially during the spawn then I can see some people getting ticked enough to start planting them in many other lakes.
--I don't see the point of bragging on a public forum that one purposely disregards the fishing regulations... where kill limits are in place.