Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 145681 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2019, 11:43:09 PM »

Make Beliefs lost to the worst team in the league, the Senators. Canucks win in a shootout.
Both goalies dialed in. In SH it took so so many tries /rounds before a goal.
Markstrom has to be the very best Canuck goalie in history for the team the way he has played this season. Very solid.
His play is the very tops. He waits on the shooter to make his shoot or move before he reacts.
Too many past goalies get nervous & get faked out because they react too much to the fakes & dekes & lose their angle.
But a perfect hard shot no goalie will save.
Ya your right FA ...Leafs lose to Sens. :o
Mick Jagger is under the weather so Canada & USA concerts are postponed.
What ever he has maybe the Leafs have  ??? Mystery illness.  8)
Think team MD should check the temperature of the players & blood tests are in order.
These guys just have not been playing well.
Think Leafs will face the Bruins & the way it looks the Leafs are going down down down. May prove me wrong. Would like the Leafs to kick out the Bruins. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:44:40 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #286 on: April 01, 2019, 08:17:34 AM »

Hey guys.  Sorry I haven't been around much.  Preds were doing ok then laid a giant egg against Columbus.  Jets stumbling bad into the playoffs.  We haven't been a ton better but some.

Went up for my mom's funeral, got that all done and taken care of and then a couple days later my wife fell down the stairs at my parent's house and broke her ankle bad.  9 screws and a plate later and a delayed flight back to Nashville have really messed things up.  Now it is figuring out how to get through the next 6+ weeks where she cannot put any weight on the foot.  Made getting to the game Saturday night difficult but we have our priorities right and she hopped down those stairs like a champ :).  Our seats are too good to ask for handicap seats instead.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #287 on: April 01, 2019, 02:13:04 PM »

Hey guys.  Sorry I haven't been around much.  Preds were doing ok then laid a giant egg against Columbus.  Jets stumbling bad into the playoffs.  We haven't been a ton better but some.

Went up for my mom's funeral, got that all done and taken care of and then a couple days later my wife fell down the stairs at my parent's house and broke her ankle bad.  9 screws and a plate later and a delayed flight back to Nashville have really messed things up.  Now it is figuring out how to get through the next 6+ weeks where she cannot put any weight on the foot.  Made getting to the game Saturday night difficult but we have our priorities right and she hopped down those stairs like a champ :).  Our seats are too good to ask for handicap seats instead.
Been looking for your posts but knew you must be busy busy & busy. Sure enough you were very very busy.
Let's trust your mom is in heaven thus it's all good.
More to what the eye's see.
Heard even the sun if it was hollow it could contain 800,000 or more earth sized planets !!! 
That is bad news about what happened to your wife. My wife's daughter got hit by a motor cycle & has her foot in a cast.could of been worst.
Could of been worst for your Mrs. but surely broken ankle is an OUCH!!!
Teams that go down in 6 games in the first round...are really wanting a vacation or they tried but not good enough.
My EYE's will be on Leafs & Preds.
If Preds get behind 3 games to nil get Carrie Underwood to sing a new song. ( Jesus take the wheel song to Jesus take our hockey sticks & score goals "for us" ) Nashville wins a game 69 to 3. Series now 3 games to 1  ;D
Your wife is a trouper. Getting to your seats with all those stairs...( plus hanging on to Pepsi hot dog popcorn ) joking ..all the best to the Preds.

TNAngler

« Reply #288 on: April 02, 2019, 08:28:57 AM »

Been looking for your posts but knew you must be busy busy & busy. Sure enough you were very very busy.
Let's trust your mom is in heaven thus it's all good.
More to what the eye's see.
Heard even the sun if it was hollow it could contain 800,000 or more earth sized planets !!! 
That is bad news about what happened to your wife. My wife's daughter got hit by a motor cycle & has her foot in a cast.could of been worst.
Could of been worst for your Mrs. but surely broken ankle is an OUCH!!!
Teams that go down in 6 games in the first round...are really wanting a vacation or they tried but not good enough.
My EYE's will be on Leafs & Preds.
If Preds get behind 3 games to nil get Carrie Underwood to sing a new song. ( Jesus take the wheel song to Jesus take our hockey sticks & score goals "for us" ) Nashville wins a game 69 to 3. Series now 3 games to 1  ;D
Your wife is a trouper. Getting to your seats with all those stairs...( plus hanging on to Pepsi hot dog popcorn ) joking ..all the best to the Preds.

She is a trooper.  We only have maybe 6 or 8 steps to our seats but front row, 200 level, right on the goal line, score twice, tough to move to some handicap location where we have to deal with people in front of us.  It has been a lot of pain and struggle but we are getting into a rhythm.  Just tough for her to a do a lot on her own right now.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  When my wife did it, her knee was straight up, her foot was flopped over to the left.  Almost made me hurl.  Not a lot of fun.

As for my mom, she is in heaven.  It was a good service.  Had over 250 people come which was pretty cool.  Some people I had not seen in many years.  I haven't lived in the area since 93 and so there were many I barely even remember.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:32:21 AM by TNAngler »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #289 on: April 02, 2019, 10:58:49 PM »

Believe the Canucks will be paying yous a visit.
99.999% hope to watch this game.
Canucks came back in the 3rd & beat the Sharks.
Next yr we will see if the Canucks have what it takes.
Ya TNA actually it's my wife's daughter. ( not mine )
She was a single parent when I met her 20 yrs ago.
Ya her daughter could of been killed. Motorcycle racing down the street & skid into her.
She will be ok to walk & stuff in two months.
Have to be aware of our surroundings at all times.
Preds should just coast thru the next few games & then turn up the heat in the 1st rd.

TNAngler

« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2019, 08:22:02 AM »

Believe the Canucks will be paying yous a visit.
99.999% hope to watch this game.
Canucks came back in the 3rd & beat the Sharks.
Next yr we will see if the Canucks have what it takes.
Ya TNA actually it's my wife's daughter. ( not mine )
She was a single parent when I met her 20 yrs ago.
Ya her daughter could of been killed. Motorcycle racing down the street & skid into her.
She will be ok to walk & stuff in two months.
Have to be aware of our surroundings at all times.
Preds should just coast thru the next few games & then turn up the heat in the 1st rd.

My wife has a son too so I understand.  I have a daughter that I no longer see (very long story).  Hope the recovery is as painless as possible.  Hopefully the guy had insurance and also that he wasn't killed as that could mess her up for a while.

We are still trying for first to get home ice.  Blues still have a game in hand, Jets no longer do.  We are tied with the Jets but they have us on ROW.  Blues are 2 points back and play tonight.  Assuming they win, the Blues have the ROW as well so we are hoping they lose.  All three of us play Thursday and Saturday.  We just need to win one more than the Jets and the same as the Blues.  Hoping you guys don't give us any scares tomorrow and that we can handle the Blackhawks on Saturday.  At least take care of our part.  Going to be some nails being bitten the rest of this week.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2019, 03:05:35 PM »

Preds need some pts.
Let's talk business. For the right price I'll get the Canucks to lose. Shhhhhhhh.  Do not tell Do not tell Do not tell or yell.
Do ya know anyone that needs to go to Yale or Princeton? For the right price. Do not tell Do not tell Do not tell or yell. What do ya need ....for the right price.......
The love of $$$ is the root of all evil.
The Million Dollar Man wrestler ( Christian preacher now ) was kinda right ...everyone has a price.  ;D
But not true many times. Janitor finding $50,000 in a bag & he hands it in to the boss,kinda idea.
Do the right thing. Not just finders keepers losers weepers.
But do ya notice on close plays players that scored the goal scream & yell the play was on side.
The scored on team swear it was off side....yell & scream....
The replay of course sets things straight.
Bet Preds wish they could of won the games 30-40 -60games ago...where they lose after leading or...
They would have 1st place locked up & not be in this situation.
Well all they have to do is win 16 straight games & Stanley is theirs. You get to see  8 games at home at least or more.

TNAngler

« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »

Yeah, winning those games early in the season make a huge difference so you can be Tampa Bay and know you have first locked up way early.  But then, there is something to be said for going through adversity, struggling, and learning how to pull through it together as a team.  Two years ago, the Preds struggled all year.  They kinda figured it out right toward the end, got hot, and made it to the finals despite being the lowest seated team to make it and have the most travel miles of any team that post season by far.  Facing that adversity and fighting through it prepares you for the playoffs and having that adversity and knowing what you need to do.  At least that is what I am hoping.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #293 on: April 04, 2019, 09:09:16 PM »

See told ya we could do buissness. $$$ talks.  8)
Well according to our play by play & color guys ( homers) they stated the refs whistle blew before the puck enter the Canuck net.
Then they said our goalie was interfered with on the other goal.
But think the score was fair as Preds had so many good scoring chances compared to the Zcanucks.
Preds deserved the W.
Congrads!
Nashville has lots of talented players.
Like lots of the players even Forsberg. ( something bugs me about him but guess I should not judge or assume  ;D )
He's a skilled player & has a great shot.
He's got that offensive nose around the net as well.
Guess Mr & Mrs went home happy.
Wins also brings quicker healing to body ( ankle )

TNAngler

« Reply #294 on: April 05, 2019, 07:44:04 AM »

Oh, the whistle definitely blew before it crossed the line.  What was explained to us on the radio afterwards is the rule states if a whistle is blown in error and the puck is still moving and does not stop moving, continuing this movement is appropriate.  Guy on the radio who used to play was not the rule a couple years ago but that is the rule now.  He didn't really agree with the rule itself per se but said the application of the rule in this case was correct.  I haven't checked the rule book to see how the rule is stated though.

As for the goalie interference, they believed the call was that the goalie was on the far left of the goal (goalie's left), and that with the rebound going where it went and the speed of the shot, the goalie had absolutely no chance to stop the shot.  Also, there is some question as to whether the guy was tripped/pushed into the headfirst slide.

It was a happy evening as the Jets lost and we are now a game ahead of everybody and if we win Saturday, we win first.  Do not remember a game where every one of our goals was reviewed and approved before.  I do not know why they tanked the first period so badly.  The second was ok.  The third, especially the last 8 minutes or so..... they really turned it up and took control.  There were so many shots your goalie stopped that were absolutely amazing.  Dumps right into the slot, one timed hard and somehow it ends up in his glove.  And it isn't like you guys didn't have some good puck luck too.  Off the goalie, off the crossbar, off the goalie's back into the goal?  WTF?  That is just a crazy goal.  The first.... where was the freaking defense.  You can't let a guy get that wide open.  Completely unacceptable.

TNAngler

« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2019, 11:16:51 AM »

Although to be fair, I only saw it live.  None of the replays played in the stadium had sound and it was at the other end of the stadium from us.  I am curious to watch the recording on TV to see what is shown on our station.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2019, 11:33:03 AM »

Oh, the whistle definitely blew before it crossed the line.  What was explained to us on the radio afterwards is the rule states if a whistle is blown in error and the puck is still moving and does not stop moving, continuing this movement is appropriate.  Guy on the radio who used to play was not the rule a couple years ago but that is the rule now.  He didn't really agree with the rule itself per se but said the application of the rule in this case was correct.  I haven't checked the rule book to see how the rule is stated though.

As for the goalie interference, they believed the call was that the goalie was on the far left of the goal (goalie's left), and that with the rebound going where it went and the speed of the shot, the goalie had absolutely no chance to stop the shot.  Also, there is some question as to whether the guy was tripped/pushed into the headfirst slide.

It was a happy evening as the Jets lost and we are now a game ahead of everybody and if we win Saturday, we win first.  Do not remember a game where every one of our goals was reviewed and approved before.  I do not know why they tanked the first period so badly.  The second was ok.  The third, especially the last 8 minutes or so..... they really turned it up and took control.  There were so many shots your goalie stopped that were absolutely amazing.  Dumps right into the slot, one timed hard and somehow it ends up in his glove.  And it isn't like you guys didn't have some good puck luck too.  Off the goalie, off the crossbar, off the goalie's back into the goal?  WTF?  That is just a crazy goal.  The first.... where was the freaking defense.  You can't let a guy get that wide open.  Completely unacceptable.
Good fair pts. ( reminds me of political slant/spin )  ;D
Just joking. Bias is at work with every team media. I saw it this way ...other guy "No way this is what happened" thank The Lord this was not game 7 of a series.
Coaches media fans would still be barking.
Mind you our tv guys are so boring.
A good play by play & color guy gets excited alittle & raises his volume on offensive or defensive plays.
Our commentators have a same tone like they are on air for 10 hrs daily & tired.
You have a very exciting team. Hope they go all the way & kick out ....well better not say the team I'm thinking about. ( I'd be afraid to drive to Ontario )  ;D

There is an amazing other fact .....WHAT HAPPENED TO FA?
Two Canuck games & he is silent. Maybe he is not happy that the Canucks did not make the playoffs????
Hope he's ok? I think he is not a young guy. My guess he's in his 60s or 70s.
Chris comments sometimes but that is his style.
FA not posting is very unusual.
Calling car 54 ...Car 54 where are you ???
My eyes will be watching the Preds very closely. This team grows on you.
FA has forgotten about the NHL & revving up for the CFL....possibly.
The way he posts think he likes the CFL more than NHL.  8) maybe wrong on this.
Guess we have to hook him up to a blood pressure monitor & see what game gets his heart rate & pressure more beats/pressure.  ;D
( Rodney heart beats rapidly. & blood pressure up when fish is on...puck in net or TD not sure if he is a sports fan or not )  Food for thought.
Another Food for Thought ...what team of the 16 will hoist that Cup?
Think the Caps are hungry like lions returning to get a 2nd meal on a big fallen prey.
Leafs are primed & Preds expectation to go far into the playoffs.
Think Tampa Bay will fade....
Dallas may surprise & Vegas.
Boston gets too cranky when the pressure is on. Self destruct.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 01:45:01 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #297 on: April 05, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »

I'm doing just fine. Too busy consulting with Novabonker to make the Canucks great again.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #298 on: April 07, 2019, 01:35:27 AM »

I'm doing just fine. Too busy consulting with Novabonker to make the Canucks great again.
do us think Novabonker has good insights?
A rugby guy knowing the secrets of hockey? You know best.
Well it's stage 2.
80 plus games to find out what teams deserve to go on & rest pack your bags & go home.
Preds vs Stars.
That will be a big challenge for TNA team.
Think the Leafs will have their hands full with Boston.
6-7 games series story least.
Bye Bob Cole. 50 yrs as a play by play man.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #299 on: April 07, 2019, 11:23:12 AM »

do us think Novabonker has good insights?
A rugby guy knowing the secrets of hockey? You know best.
Well it's stage 2.
80 plus games to find out what teams deserve to go on & rest pack your bags & go home.
Preds vs Stars.
That will be a big challenge for TNA team.
Think the Leafs will have their hands full with Boston.
6-7 games series story least.
Bye Bob Cole. 50 yrs as a play by play man.

What qualifications does the so called "Leaf advisor" have ? ;D Thank God, CBC has chosen to boot Bob Cole. It's years too late. No more of his shrill voice and "Oh Baby !". Get rid of that blowheart Don Cherry and I'll be able to watch the first intermission.