Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 157243 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »

What qualifications does the so called "Leaf advisor" have ? ;D Thank God, CBC has chosen to boot Bob Cole. It's years too late. No more of his shrill voice and "Oh Baby !". Get rid of that blowheart Don Cherry and I'll be able to watch the first intermission.
Ouch ouch ouch....FA don't ya know there are tons of likers of Cole & Cherry.
Cole some say is Mr Perfect Prof. in English studies & Cherry the best dressed fashion man ( on what planet? Earth I assume)
As for Nova giving advise ( your co Canuck advisor ) my fear is the Canucks will become the 2019/20 Philly Broad Street Bullies of the 70's ....
I'm a man of peace & want the Canucks to stay the course. Skate check shoot ( hopely score goals )
Rugby boys like the rough stuff too much.
Philly entered the game with the plan we will beat them ( cross check punch boarding elbow spear ) then we will beat them in period 3 ( score at will. )
( do not tell FA that Bob Cole is a good down to earth play by play man. He made the Leafs look good even in the early 2010-11 so forth seasons....when they were very bad. Now that took skill )

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »

Ouch ouch ouch....FA don't ya know there are tons of likers of Cole & Cherry.
Cole some say is Mr Perfect Prof. in English studies & Cherry the best dressed fashion man ( on what planet? Earth I assume)
As for Nova giving advise ( your co Canuck advisor ) my fear is the Canucks will become the 2019/20 Philly Broad Street Bullies of the 70's ....
I'm a man of peace & want the Canucks to stay the course. Skate check shoot ( hopely score goals )
Rugby boys like the rough stuff too much.
Philly entered the game with the plan we will beat them ( cross check punch boarding elbow spear ) then we will beat them in period 3 ( score at will. )
( do not tell FA that Bob Cole is a good down to earth play by play man. He made the Leafs look good even in the early 2010-11 so forth seasons....when they were very bad. Now that took skill )

There are a lot of Trump supporters; that don't make him a good president. Debatable whether Cherry is the best dressed fashion man. His outrageous suits make him look like a total dork. The thick collar around his neck might be cutting off circulation to his brain, judging from some of the comments he makes.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #302 on: April 08, 2019, 12:23:10 AM »

There are a lot of Trump supporters; that don't make him a good president. Debatable whether Cherry is the best dressed fashion man. His outrageous suits make him look like a total dork. The thick collar around his neck might be cutting off circulation to his brain, judging from some of the comments he makes.
Ya just may have some good pts there I agree on.
You make it perfectly clear what side of the debate your on.
I think Trump is the greatest Pres. of all time or one of the great ones.
Noble prize winner he should  be...oh he is rough around the edges but he'll fine tune in the next term after he's re-elected. To appreciate Trump ya have to see what he'd done...gotta look deep into the agenda & not the media blah blah collusion / or he cheats in golf. So many jobs there's not enough willing people to fill them. 1000s & 1000s daily are entering the US in record numbers thru the s border in last few weeks...D party have egg on their face. R party is right...need steel fence to curb the easy flow in...
He's put embassy in Jerusalem which x number of Presidents have promised they would do but never did because they got afraid to. This told the world Israel is a country & Jerusalem is their capital.
Plus Trump gets in a Washington & the Caps win the Stanley. ( he secretly was their advisor )   On & on..
True News.  Keep your eyes on the Caps.

TNAngler

« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2019, 08:20:23 AM »

Dallas will be tough but it is better than the Jets or Blues.  They are going to pound each other into oblivion like the Preds and Jets did last year.  Will be interesting.  Just hoping we play like we did against Chicago.  That was a fun game to watch.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »

Pekka Rinne is on top of his game. Play off games are stressful for goalies. They freak out more than any other position ( goaltending )
Reg. season is 80 plus ...but in a best of 7 each loss & win are magnified.
Goalies let in the easiest shots "sometimes" in the playoffs. Wish they had that shot back to stop.
When they tense up sometimes they freeze.
Try to move & react but the arm / leg does not move when told to.  :o
Hope they get past Dallas. Ya their past games were very rough physical...it will not take much to get that series in a physical brawl rough house again...one big hit will light the fuse.
Hope Leafs get by Boston. That should be a great series.
Hope Markstrom will be selected to be the best Canuck. He played AAA all season.
Pettersson played great but some games seemed to be just average.
Did they announce a winner yet?
Go Preds Go !
Go Leafs Go !
Go Canucks Go ! next year....no this coming yr. (( now go pack your bags & spend the $ paying fans gave you. Next season maybe the fans should pay the players direct from their pockets after each home game. If the Canucks win. Line them up at the blue line & put a carpet on the ice...fans march across the ice ...Markstrom you played great here is $5 ( from a fan ) each player gets paid by 15,16000 fans..kids can give 25 cents... Now if Canucks lose bring back pennies....))
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:58:37 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »

Can it be hockey time yet?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2019, 06:00:20 PM »

For the second time in three years the New Jersey Devils get to select first in the NHL draft. Canucks draft 10th

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #307 on: April 09, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »

Can it be hockey time yet?
Don’t wish your time away! I could be over before you know it! Good luck for the cup run!
Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

TNAngler

« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2019, 07:12:50 AM »

If it is over, then it is over and yes it is heartbreaking but it is not sitting here waiting.  I do not do well with the waiting.  Yet, I can stand on a river bank all freaking day without a bite without any problems and not get impatient.  Hockey is different though.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #309 on: April 10, 2019, 01:07:12 PM »

If it is over, then it is over and yes it is heartbreaking but it is not sitting here waiting.  I do not do well with the waiting.  Yet, I can stand on a river bank all freaking day without a bite without any problems and not get impatient.  Hockey is different though.
Fans all hyped up. Players 100 x more so if possible.
Remember some players yrs ago in game 7s /winner take all they said they slept only 2-3 hrs the night before.
How can a player play well with so little rest.
Guess they should swish some : Swish 30 Revive.
Micro & it gets the body refreshed.
I do not take it though.
Games start tonight.. 16 teams only one winner.
Reminds me of having the last one big giant 2 ft chocolate bar on Oct 31 & 16 kids come to the door & yell a Trick or Treat.
Open door & only one kid gets the bar ( Cup )
When Seattle joins the league they will want the Cup the first yr. ( they saw what Vegas did. )
Canucks & Seattle should be rivals like Flames/Oilers Habs/Leafs ....
Best time of yr for hockey. Hey who cares it's rainy in Vancouver area today. Boob tube viewer anyways.
Any predictions ?
Capitals is my guess.  8)( Sorry ..,Chris TNA ..  :-[ )

TNAngler

« Reply #310 on: April 11, 2019, 10:53:56 AM »

Odd set of games last night.  Most of the visitors won in a lot of very close games.  Very interesting.  Was hoping for better results. First period was great.  Second, sucked.  Half of third was horrible.  Need to play better if we have any shot.  Oh well.  7 game series and one game is not everything.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #311 on: April 11, 2019, 07:06:52 PM »

Odd set of games last night.  Most of the visitors won in a lot of very close games.  Very interesting.  Was hoping for better results. First period was great.  Second, sucked.  Half of third was horrible.  Need to play better if we have any shot.  Oh well.  7 game series and one game is not everything.
Yep Preds could of played better. Butterflies in front of home fans. Sometimes home advantage is not an advantage.
Think how Tampa feels ...up by 3 & they blow a tire.
Tampa fans & players are in shocksville.
Series are play one game at a time.
The team that wants it more will get it done.
It's only 1 game & lots of hockey left to play.
Fans have to cheer loudly & that can pick up a flat team.
It's a trick fans should know but don't use.
Fans only react how the game is going.
A cheering crowd will get their team to play over & above...
A quiet crowd only puts an extra 10 lbs on the players shoulders.
TNA get those home fans cheering & your Preds will get a W !!!

Congrads to Chris. Very impressive W in Boston. ;D
Very poised. Like taking candy from a baby.
Watch out the Bruins may start the rough stuff next game to try to get Leafs off their game. 
Leafs are the real deal. They just have to stay the course.

TNAngler

« Reply #312 on: April 12, 2019, 07:55:13 AM »

You, uh, didn't watch the Preds game, did you?  Because we were loud.  Very loud.  Entire first period and when they started playing better.  Even some when they were playing like crap.  At least two standing ovations during commercials where it was so loud I am sure the players couldn't hear each other.  We know how to bring the noise.  I didn't watch the broadcast but when we are being loud, you cannot hear the TV announcers, at least on the national broadcast.  Our local ones are better prepared.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #313 on: April 12, 2019, 02:01:33 PM »

You, uh, didn't watch the Preds game, did you?  Because we were loud.  Very loud.  Entire first period and when they started playing better.  Even some when they were playing like crap.  At least two standing ovations during commercials where it was so loud I am sure the players couldn't hear each other.  We know how to bring the noise.  I didn't watch the broadcast but when we are being loud, you cannot hear the TV announcers, at least on the national broadcast.  Our local ones are better prepared.
;D ;D ;D
Hear ya LOUD & CLEAR.
To be honest was channel surfing between games.
Seems everytime I watched the Preds/Stars it looked quiet & hardly no cheering.
Could it be the crowd mics were at low volume on the broadcast???
Well good on ya for cheering loudly & with enthusiasm.
Yous did your part & Preds did not do theirs.
Oh the coach ..blame it on the coach ya. His pre game ra ra had fear tones/vids & players soaked it in.
History has had it that this team likes to do it the hard way. Guess they are in the same rut.
Too many up/down emotional easy upset players.
Great if they channel it to their advantage but...wrong way ball & chain.
Guess they play Sat.
Flames won big. Stopper made save after save. Labelled.
Plus Calgary played a great game. Got it done.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #314 on: April 13, 2019, 08:35:49 PM »

The Bruins woke from their hibernation while the Make Beliefs went into hibernation. :)