Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squatter camp  (Read 5507 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Squatter camp
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 04:28:11 PM »

Not ALL thieves of course but please remember DEPERATE TIMES CALL FOR DESPERATE MEASURES and they certainly are DESPERATE!!!
What should be done Dave?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »

What should be done Dave?
Are you asking me about the social problem of homeless people, or how to deal with garbage left by their camps on our cleanup day?

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:21 AM »

I like what They did at the Haney bypass and Lougheed, and have an approved tent city with Johnny’s, electricity and  dumpsters and I believe security. Has come under fire by lots, but it is much more then most other cities have done about the issue.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 07:25:32 AM »

I like what They did at the Haney bypass and Lougheed, and have an approved tent city with Johnny’s, electricity and  dumpsters and I believe security. Has come under fire by lots, but it is much more then most other cities have done about the issue.

I have family that lives two houses down from that camp. It's a nightmare.  They've had a BBQ, propane tanks, childrens yard toys and garden equipment stolen over the years. PLUS multiple car windows smashed. Desperate times definitely call for desperate measures. Those folks will do whatever it takes to get a buck for whatever reason. Drug addiction and untreated mental illness is terrible. The problem is getting worse by the day. I grew up in Vancouver and later Langley. Langley back in the 70's and 80's was a nice little community. Never a homeless issue. Now ? My grandmother was mugged and pushed to ground by a young scabby junky woman. Governments on all levels dont give a care. If anything they enable this type of activity by providing just enough to these folks to survive. I feel that if this were an episode of Intervention we should have municipal governments and the Salvation Army cut all contact and stop enabling.