Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Night time fishing closure for Tidal Fraser River  (Read 12802 times)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Night time fishing closure for Tidal Fraser River
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 09:49:36 PM »

This is the problem right here... people who think they are special when they aren’t. No one NEEDS to hunt and fish, not locally around here at least. Your not living in remote Ketchikan. Go to the grocery store like an ethical human being instead of poaching your dinner  ::) ughhhh people are the worst kind of people.

I’m going to make some assumptions here as this is your typical poacher. Guy in his late 40’s or older. Been fishing for his entire life, fishing the past few years has been on the decline with longer closures and less fish. Pissed off about FN and commercial openings all summer, he has lived here his entire life and as so is entitled to take whatever he wants whenever he wants it. Who cares about the next generation.  Maybe this is just my rant. I’m 38, been fishing for 8 years so not too long but long enough to have an opinion. I’m just pissed off that the generation before me was so short sighted and it seems that conservation wasn’t even a thought.  Just take take take and now we are just trying to conserve what’s left and try and rebuild if it isn’t too late. I have my flame suit on for my comments and stand by them.

I fit the generation before you and find your post very offensive to my generation.

I could go on about your generation also but i wont stoop to that level.

Back to my lazy boy and Archie Bunker. ::)