Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156441 times)

dave c

Went to chehalis around noon. Found some nice water.  Second drift float buries hatchery buck. 2 more hatcheries in next 20 mins. Then lockjaw/ Float never went down again

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Any chance the river will have a few more inches od vis by the morning? I dont know the system well.
Checked it out at dark on my way back from Vancouver after the weekend badminton tournament and it is still very muddy.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Water visibility is between 1 and 2 feet now. Still a bit high.

fishmonk

• Fish on baby!

Caught 1 wild coho, 1 chum, and 1 bull trout all released. Nothing but a bunch of pocket flossers on the river today. Hooking fish in the belly and everything... :(   The river is still too high right now.

Fishawn

Caught 1 wild coho, 1 chum, and 1 bull trout all released. Nothing but a bunch of pocket flossers on the river today. Hooking fish in the belly and everything... :(   The river is still too high right now.
Asians, no doubt. Because we all know only "new Canadians" engage in unethical behavior

mikeyman

Asians, no doubt. Because we all know only "new Canadians" engage in unethical behavior

Obviously.

clarki

• Old Timer

And because all “new Canadians” come from Asia

Stratocaster

• Old Timer

Yep Asians for sure.  Hey wait, I’m Asian!😁

CohoJake

• Old Timer

How was visibility looking this evening?  Hopefully the rain holds off for a couple days so I can fish before it blows out with the next big storm.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Yep Asians for sure.  Hey wait, I’m Asian!😁

Hey so it was you! ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Beauty afternoon with the occasional light shower. Water visibility was up to 2 feet by early afternoon so I popped down to the river with Big Steel for a few hours. It was a nice outing with no other anglers within sight, and managed to find some fish after some searching. :D I ended up hooking four coho salmon, almost four casts in a row actually. Lost the first fish, then landed 2 hatchery and 1 wild fish. Big Steel managed two, one hatchery and one wild. All fish were caught on spoons.

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Where were you rod?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Where were you rod?

I imagine it's somewhere between the Keith Wilson Bridge and the Limit hole.

Bingbamboom

Plannings a trip tomorrow from Vancouver before the heavy rains . It looks like the heavier rain comes in the afternoon. Any information on water conditions would be much appreciated.