Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Sockeye Charter Recommendations  (Read 6922 times)

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
Re: Fraser Sockeye Charter Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2018, 06:00:08 AM »

We're now comparing how sporting the fight of a snagged sockeye salmon is to an ocean caught one? lol...

Glad to hear you had a good time with your dad Blood_Orange, but the rest of the discussion by others makes me chuckle a bit.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2018, 08:42:41 AM »

Personal experience are just that personal experiences.

YMMV

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2018, 11:43:24 AM »

Amazing good to hear!

Catching a sockeye in the ocean on a mootching setup is boring. Just reel in, if you try to play them they flip and spit the hook, just reel in and skate the fish in the net. 40 pound test on a medium heavy rod. Boooring

B.B. is fun from the hook up to the fight and sometime they screem up the river and burn along the surface rippin line.

Sounds like a good time
I agree. Caught a lot of sox in the ocean. Never even bothered with a net, as soon as they got near the boat just hoisted the rod tip and shot them right into the back of the boat.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2018, 11:01:19 PM »

I have fished for Sox in the ocean as well and it can be a hoot when all the rods go off and there are only two of you in the boat. :o

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

1st fish charters in port moody are very reasonable and very helpful when looking for fish. ive used them a few times and always had great luck getting my limit of salmon. im going out with them sept 2nd again for another round os sockeye fishing. good luck to all and sharp hooks and tight lines.

burnaby

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »

Wish I knew where you BB your socks cause ones we get are boring as hell. BB is boring: cast, nap&bounce, hookup, reel, land; repeat. Only fun part is beer after everyone limits. OK, only other fun part is eating the socks.
The drive out to the bar is more fun the BBing for socks.
Amazing good to hear!

Catching a sockeye in the ocean on a mootching setup is boring. Just reel in, if you try to play them they flip and spit the hook, just reel in and skate the fish in the net. 40 pound test on a medium heavy rod. Boooring

B.B. is fun from the hook up to the fight and sometime they screem up the river and burn along the surface rippin line.

Sounds like a good time

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »

Wish I knew where you BB your socks cause ones we get are boring as hell. BB is boring: cast, nap&bounce, hookup, reel, land; repeat. Only fun part is beer after everyone limits. OK, only other fun part is eating the socks.

Sock prices are getting cheap off commercial if the best part is eating then I suggest you skip the harvest and just buy for 10-15 bucks a fish an option that many do.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »

If you don't find it enjoyable then skip it! Your time and gas are worth more than the money you'd spend buying the same fish in Steveston.

burnaby

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2018, 08:57:56 PM »

BB socks is not enjoyable which is what I was replying to. We are targeting Springs, socks are bycatches. Springs are fun, when you land a 30+lbs spring you'll know what I mean.
As for gas the newbies that want to be brought out drives/pays for gas. In return we pass the rod on slow days.
Socks is meat harvesting at the cost of only time. Need you license/tag for Coho, mind as well get free socks.
If you don't find it enjoyable then skip it! Your time and gas are worth more than the money you'd spend buying the same fish in Steveston.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:59:38 PM by burnaby »

canso

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2018, 10:42:40 AM »

Amazing good to hear!

Sounds like a good time
Trolling, but I’ll bite.

Clearly you haven’t experienced the chaos of double, triple and quad fishon. Some of my best memories are sockeye fishing the chuck.
Right now guys are catching 2 or 3 limits in an hour. Ya sounds boring  :o

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2018, 10:21:53 AM »

BB socks is not enjoyable which is what I was replying to. We are targeting Springs, socks are bycatches. Springs are fun, when you land a 30+lbs spring you'll know what I mean.
As for gas the newbies that want to be brought out drives/pays for gas. In return we pass the rod on slow days.
Socks is meat harvesting at the cost of only time. Need you license/tag for Coho, mind as well get free socks.

I feel sorry for you...