Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dead Sturgeon Hatzic Lake  (Read 5819 times)

dave c

Re: Dead Sturgeon Hatzic Lake
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »

2nd dead sturgeon today plus a duck and many fish.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 02:18:20 PM »

Saw a post on fb today. Adult sturgeon 25 -50 yrs old. Very disturbing. People have been advised against swimming there last couple weeks.

Was this in Hatzic Lk or the Fraser?

Since may last posting prior to this edit, I found and read the article with the pictures. The water looks cleaner than I expected but what a shame. Some form of irrigation will be needed to keep flushing that little lake.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:36:22 PM by Rieber »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2018, 12:57:48 PM »

Rieber it may help if you studied the hydrodynamics of rivers a bit then perhaps you may understand how it could happen.

I think it was back in '96 or so where a considerable number of large sturgeon where found dead in the Fraser. It was speculated that in the heat and low water of the time some of deep holes (that can be 90+feet) may have become oxygen depleted and fish that went in these died. However no one cause of the studied sturgeon mortality was found.

Oh and wasn't angry at all. You do a Don Knotts routine. Me I am more like Gilbert Gottfried:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA

Suggest you give your old friend Pamela a call, tell you heard a big bloated dead sturgeon was found in a nearby lake and it made you think of her. She'll be thrilled to hear from you! ::)

have a nice day now.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.