Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ross or Jones lake  (Read 1615 times)

chrisc54

Ross or Jones lake
« on: August 08, 2018, 11:47:13 PM »

Hey everyone, I hope your fishing is good well... This weekend a friend and I want to do some trout fishing at the lake from shore, boat isn't an option unfortunately. Usually we go to Stacey lake but we want to try else where. I was wondering if anyone has had experience fishing either Jones or Ross lake from shore with some success. I don't need some secret spots, just a point in the right direction, as to if there is much quiet shore spots on Jones and Ross.......thanks so much guys

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: Ross or Jones lake
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 04:46:26 AM »

Neither. Both are reservoirs. Lake fishing from shore in the valley? With camping? Try Wood lake. Or, camp on the Skagit and fish the river. My 2 cents.

bobby b

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 06:37:54 AM »

chrisc54

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:11:51 AM »

Well thanks for the information, how about shore fishing Jones lake? I believe I remember seeing pictures of cutties being caught by the inflow river. It's a fairly decent sized lake so I was wondering if there is good shore access? Thanks for the great info guys

bobby b

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 08:17:07 AM »

There is good shore access .... but doubt that you’ll find many fish near shore at Jones.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:34:28 PM »

The times I've fished Jones from shore has been great, but I've only done it in the spring. I'm not sure about the summer. A bottom up set up with roe caught numerous rainbows and cutthroat. We just drive around the the various creek mouths and tossed out. If we didn't get a bite for the first 10 minutes or so, we moved. It's definitely a do-able one from shore.

The times I did go up there in the summer, I never fished. What we did do though, was threw on bathing suits and would dive for crayfish back in the day. You were able to catch quite the feast - they are delicious. We would just swim around with a small soft lunch bag (with a zipper), grab em by hand, and put them in the bag.