Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside: High Tide v Low Tide  (Read 5997 times)

Knnn

• Old Timer
Re: Ambleside: High Tide v Low Tide
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »

No effect on the fishing at all.

Just don't swim in it or drink the water. 

Wash your hands and face before eating, drinking, smoking and you should be good.  If you get splashed in the face don't swallow any water and rinse with bottled water.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »

Do I need to give you some of my fly patterns that I use?  ;) :P

But the best thing I can say for early hours is not to walk out to far and look for nervous/ rippling water surfaces as sometimes fish will move into shallow areas and just sort of sit there or mull around, with that said it's weird how sometimes they will be nervous as hell and even a small fly landing on top or near them will spook them and other times chucking a big Blue Fox spinner in a size 4 right on top of them will get them to slam it when it hits the water.  :o

Well, if they work as well as your chum jigs, hell yeah! I'd be very happy to purchase some if you do that sort of thing...

zap brannigan

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 10:23:10 AM »

was there at low slack the other day they were jumping all around, casting into the wind with a scandi line was frustrating.

bobby b

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 12:52:23 PM »

What time of day? Early low tide or afternoon?

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 01:20:58 PM »

I did not expect so many people today. No fish sighted. The water is too warm along shore. feels close to 20 C. Move the battle field to fraser river later.

243Pete

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 10:53:14 AM »

Well, if they work as well as your chum jigs, hell yeah! I'd be very happy to purchase some if you do that sort of thing...

Hahaha actually they are so simple as most are just a wing of flash and some tinsel body.
Tell me when you are going and I will try to go too, I'll give you some at no charge bud! epoxy patterns to little sand fleas and random stuff. Best thing I can tell you is that the speed of your retrieve can play a big difference in how some fish will take, slow at times or fast/ two handed stripping, or even random stuff can get those coho to hit.

Used the spinning rod, nothing except for the tiiinest little smolt who tried to grab a Gibbs koho spoon 3/8 which was almost as long as it was.  :o Saw two other fish landed but it was sooooooooo slow, only one jumper but it was WAY out there.... warm weather keeps them far out it seems.
Please pinch your barbs even on trebles, not sure what happened but I don't want to make assumptions right now about the father with his kid who lost a orange vibrax size 1, dink float, two pieces of hollow lead and 30 yards of line. I pulled in all that stuff your son lost and you didn't pinch the barbs on the treble but please remember to pinch your barbs.