Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Fraser River Sockeye Notices  (Read 170225 times)

Blackrt03

Re: 2018 Fraser River Sockeye Notices
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »

x2

dave c

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2018, 04:16:56 AM »

Yep, see the notice I posted further up on this page.
Thankyou sir! Must have btpassed it when trying to avoid all the chatter

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2018, 08:12:53 AM »

Wow even Ralph has sockeye fever

you've been a member here for less than 2 years and we haven't had a sockeye opening for 4? How would you know?

I’m glad to see everyone so happy, looks like it’s gonna be a good coho year too, they are think right now in the Straight of Georgia.

let's hope so. I am beginning to hope we are going to have a few good years before the next warm ocean water blob brings the next salmon collapse crisis.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:14:28 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: August 04, 2018, 08:27:14 AM »

I hope everyone has fun out there as well. I'll be supporting my local tackle shops, Fraser Valley Park boat launches and local gas station by harvesting my own fish. I hope it's a good run.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:44:00 PM by Hike_and_fish »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »

I'll say it again. It would never stand in court. You can't discriminate between water taxi and road taxi. If a road taxi takes me and my gear to the Vedder river....it is not different. I'm still paying someone to get me to a fishing spot. Whether it is by boat, car, bus, snowmobile, airplane....it doesn't matter. If you snowmobile me for money across to the same spot in winter as a water taxi does in summer.....what happens there??? As long as no guiding is taking place...any charge would fall flat in court. Like I said….way too many unknowns for a charge to stand in court.
You can say it as often as you like, Robert, but it ain’t gonna make it so.

The Act is very clear in the definition of a “guide for fish” and an “angling site”

Your taxi analogy doesn’t have wheels. Taxi companies have taxi licenses and are licensed for public transport. Buddy who charges a fee to water taxi you to a fishing location does not.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 05:24:37 PM by clarki »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: August 04, 2018, 08:11:10 PM »

let's hope so. I am beginning to hope we are going to have a few good years before the next warm ocean water blob brings the next salmon collapse crisis.

Next weaker Blob is already being predicted https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/el-nino-2018-noaa-prediction-1.4768316

Coho have been think now for almost a month from Campbell river down to Vancouver, Easy Limits off South Bown for almost a month now. So thick you can drag a fly in the wake with a fly rod and they will hammer them them in peel line out. Crazy fun

Hopefully that translates into some returning to the fraser this year but hard to tell.

Water temperatures tho dont look good for next week looks like another heat wave.

As you put it we may have a few good years left but the overall trend for the future and heat not so great looking,

Have fun out there Ralph

GordJ

« Reply #111 on: August 04, 2018, 09:23:05 PM »

With the cost of gas these days, it's way cheaper to buy them from the local fishermen.
Just like every fish that you’ve ever caught. Most of us fish for fun.

Robert_G

« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2018, 10:10:43 PM »

Your taxi analogy doesn’t have wheels. Taxi companies have taxi licenses and are licensed for public transport. Buddy who charges a fee to water taxi you to a fishing location does not.

If you read my posts you'd see that I mentioned that a water taxi would need the proper licence and insurance, just like a regular taxi.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2018, 10:13:22 PM »

haha... we need a water UBER !!!

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: August 04, 2018, 10:56:12 PM »

haha... we need a water UBER !!!

Sign me up. Would be a good way to fill the gas tank.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »

Next weaker Blob is already being predicted https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/el-nino-2018-noaa-prediction-1.4768316

Coho have been think now for almost a month from Campbell river down to Vancouver, Easy Limits off South Bown for almost a month now. So thick you can drag a fly in the wake with a fly rod and they will hammer them them in peel line out. Crazy fun

Hopefully that translates into some returning to the fraser this year but hard to tell.

Water temperatures tho dont look good for next week looks like another heat wave.

As you put it we may have a few good years left but the overall trend for the future and heat not so great looking,

Have fun out there Ralph

Wouldn't be that bad. I can remeber camping at the mouth of Bog Silver Creek on Harrison lake in January with temperatures of 14 degrees. That was great.

Aki

« Reply #116 on: August 04, 2018, 11:03:30 PM »

I was wondering if the Lanstrom/scales bar near Hope is open to fishing and if it is accessible by foot (across the railway tracks), with any parking in the area? Used to be a crowded but good production bar quite a few years ago but I recall some closures and restrictions some years ago. Anyone know the current status?

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2018, 11:25:20 PM »

If you read my posts you'd see that I mentioned that a water taxi would need the proper licence and insurance, just like a regular taxi.
And if you read your own posts too, you’ll see that you made no mention of licenses.

There are already legitimate water taxi companies that are insured and licensed for public transport. But that license would not allow you to contravene the Wildlife Act or limit your culpability.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 07:56:12 AM by clarki »

Robert_G

« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »

And if you read your own posts too, you’ll see that you made no mention of licenses.

Just checked my posts. I said "properly insured". You know that includes licences as well. Grow up and post something constructive for once.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »

Yes, I can see this conversation will go no further until I grow up. Cheers.