Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: PVC Repair kits  (Read 2638 times)

Knnn

• Old Timer
PVC Repair kits
« on: July 01, 2018, 05:00:19 PM »

Could anyone point me in the right direction to find a PVC repair kit or individual materials to make the repairs.

I need two (2) 3 x 8 inch patches, glue and appropriate solvent to clean the substrate before patching (acetone or MEK). 

Yeah it is a big patch.  I need to repair a 5 inch rip, however, not it's part of the inflation tubes, so will not be under pressure, its the flooring material.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: PVC Repair kits
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 05:13:13 PM »

This spring I had repairs done at Greely's in Langley and they had my boat ready fast and did great work

https://greeleys-inflatable-boat-repair.business.site/

I've also been to Kit's inflatables - they should be able to supply what you need:

http://www.kitsinflatables.com/

Steveston Hardware and Marine is another possibility
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Fatso

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »

I would try Kits Inflatables.
There's a guy there that used to work for an inflatable store on Clark.  He is great!  He knows a lot and he is very friendly.

Old Blue

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 10:55:38 PM »

I would not give a penny to kits inflatables based on the few times I've been in there and the attitude or absolute general lack of interest by them when I was in there.  Stevetson Marine sells kits.

A 5" rip is pretty serious, Mutiny inflatables does top notch work....they do the repairs to the police boats and are a reasonable price

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:24 AM »

Thanks everyone.

I'm only looking for a patch kit or materials I can use for the patch.  As mentioned previously the slash is in a non-structural, non-flotation portion of the pontoon, so all it needs to do is hold out water. 

I'll phone around to see what they have available.

FishOn36

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:11 PM »

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 10:13:40 PM »

I've also been to Kit's inflatables - they should be able to supply what you need:

http://www.kitsinflatables.com/

Steveston were all out, but I found what I needed at kits inflatables.  They even cut me a nice additional large piece of PVC the same colour as my boat so I can slap on two big patchs inside and out.

Thank you Ralph.

Fatso

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 11:01:25 PM »

Well thats just great!  8)

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:27:37 AM »

Steveston were all out, but I found what I needed at kits inflatables.  They even cut me a nice additional large piece of PVC the same colour as my boat so I can slap on two big patchs inside and out.

Thank you Ralph.

The guys from Kits Inflatables have always treated me well, from the purchase of my Achilles through their old shop to the warranty repair of the air floor from Kits.

robbo1970

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:32 PM »

Jumping in on this a little late but I am a roofer and install pvc roof membranes. When we weld our laps it is stronger than the material surrounding it, should never come apart as it can with some glues.
Not sure if our roof membranes would be compatable with the boat, but could be worth a try.
By the way dont try and weld tpo roof membrane to pvc, it wont work!