Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hong Kong's Central and Wan Chai Districts at sunset  (Read 5922 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Hong Kong's Central and Wan Chai Districts at sunset
« on: June 30, 2018, 09:51:21 AM »

Just revisited one of the photos from my HK trip last year.  First time in a while, travelling with the 8-16 Sigma - pretty happy with the feel you can get with it
Sunset Skyline of Hong Kong's Central District (Explored!) by Brian Hampson, on Flickr

Enjoy!

CohoJake

• Old Timer
Re: Hong Kong's Central and Wan Chai Districts at sunset
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 03:56:03 PM »

Beautiful!  Would love to see more pics from this trip.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »

Beautiful!  Would love to see more pics from this trip.
Thanks Jake!

I've been a few times - I have relatives over there.  Is there anything in particular that piques your interest?  This last trip was more of a visit with the folks, so didn't get out much to do much shooting, other than this one day.

FWIW, here are most of the shots from that last trip: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/albums/72157683719109156

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 07:47:05 PM »

Thanks Jake!

I've been a few times - I have relatives over there.  Is there anything in particular that piques your interest?  This last trip was more of a visit with the folks, so didn't get out much to do much shooting, other than this one day.

FWIW, here are most of the shots from that last trip: https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/albums/72157683719109156
Thanks for sharing.  I wish I had your skills - my phone photos of our trips to Taipei don't compare.  I'm always fascinated by local wildlife and geography - and of course anything fishing related - when on our travels.  I really like the pictures of the mantis shrimp and the caterpillar.  And the mudskipper!  So cool!  I tried to get good pics of the snakeheads I saw in Taiwan, but you can't hardly even see them.  Your wildlife pics are impressive!  I haven't been to Hong Kong since 2002, and I don't remember a skyline like that!

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 08:00:01 PM »

The mantis shrimp - I only ever knew their Cantonese name.  Delicious guys!  Like a little lobster tail :D

The mudskipper shots are a consolation prize. I went out to the wetlands park to see if I could find some interesting birds, but it was pretty quiet that day.  Tide was down, though, so I got the bonus of the mudskippers :)

When I went in 2011, I was able to get out to the WWF wetlands, Mai Po, and saw some cool "local" birds on a walking tour. https://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/albums/72157628066587959

Despite being such a densely populate island, the outlying areas have quite a bit of wildlife.  I'm still trying to arrange to get out fishing with some of the locals one of these times.