Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Compact oars  (Read 1564 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Compact oars
« on: April 23, 2018, 08:10:16 AM »

Anyone know of any brand that is decent? Needs to be the kind of oars that can be used with oar locks. Sold my old oars with the old 12 foot boat. Looking for something for new 12 foot boat. If possible would like to not get the standard, full length, wooden oars. They just take up so much room in the boat! Yes I know you can get the oar hangers that go on the outside of the boat, but I'm not a huge fan of them.
Ideally would like to find a set of oars that break in half, or telescope out, or whatever, but are still strong enough if you have to use the oar locks and row your boat home.
Typically only use oars to push off from shore and to smash zombies in the head that that emerge from the depths and try to climb in our boat. Still, would not want to risk it and only have the "canoe style" that do not work with the oar locks.
In the unlikely event I have a mechanical issue with the motor or run out of fuel/battery I want proper rowing oars with the "male end" collars on them.
Can't find anything with a google search that looks decent.
May end up just getting a new set of full length wooden oars...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:12:06 AM by Spawn Sack »

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Compact oars
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

Western Kayak in Abbotsford will have your oars. and then by a package of the clamp on oar locks. They work great. - in fact I have a package of the Carlisle oarlocks I can sell if you want.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: Compact oars
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »

Awesome thanks Rieber. I'll check out WK next days off work. Thanks for the offer on the oar locks but the new lake boat I'm having built has oarlocks welded to the gunwales. Juts looking for oars that break down, or telescope, or something similar.