Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Commercial FN Fishery Granted  (Read 13004 times)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Commercial FN Fishery Granted
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »

To heck with licences and who fishes for what.
Im just going to go fish and keep whatever i need for my family.
Hoping for a good Sockeye run this year.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2018, 12:29:52 AM »

To heck with licences and who fishes for what.
Im just going to go fish and keep whatever i need for my family.
Hoping for a good Sockeye run this year.

This is probably going to happen across the province when the common joes see unfair and race based discrimination hiding behind laws enacted in favour of a special group. Why don't the average joes non-natives have a say and that a special group of judges and court system who probably don't fish and don't depend on fishing for livelihood have decided to put a nail in the coffin for their livelihood? Besides hatred, such unfair race-based ruling will only create civil disobedience as suggested by above poster.

TNAngler

« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2018, 09:46:47 AM »

Conceivably it's forever but the possibilities include the constitution being amended, a further court review further down the road (this would be in decades if at all), Canada breaking up or being conquered and all previous existing rights, laws and agreements being revoked for whatever replaces it. Overall nothing lasts forever and that includes the current iteration of the human species. Once we are gone, it's all gone.

Ok, granted.  Perhaps forever should be changed to most likely all of our lifetime and those of our kids and probably their kids, for as long as Canada exists or as long as there are salmon left to fish, whichever ends first barring some huge miracle.