Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roe roe  (Read 4159 times)

AaronWilde

• Teh Fishes
Re: Roe roe
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 03:22:05 PM »

I'm sure the guy went back and purposely picked out the worst skeins in the tub for you. Who shops for roe in April/May and expects quality batches? ::)

I don't know if he did or did not purposely pick out bad batches or not... I'm hearing from more and more people that they hook the regulars up the good stuff.

I called in advanced and explained my situation about the popped eggs I had gotten from elsewhere, and he claimed that wouldn't be the case and that it was fresh stuff they sold, even during this time of year.

I don't expect quality fresh roe like in October, but already popped skeins was a let down, especially given what they told me over the phone. For 28$/2lbs that's just blatant disrespect to a customers face in my opinion. I don't expect the best salted roe batch ever 6 months after salmon season but come on.

I'll never walk out of a store with roe that I haven't fully inspected first again. Why sell it even? Only noobs would be okay with this. Maybe I'm just bitching, all I know is that I'm willing to pay for fresh roe, 14$ a lb sounds fair, or I wouldn't of bought it at all. They know this. Maybe most wouldn't bitch over $30 down the drain but that's a lot of money to some people and it's the principal.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 03:50:52 PM »

Yeah you’re bitching. Take it back if you’re not satisfied with the products so they are aware of it.

AaronWilde

• Teh Fishes
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2018, 04:52:19 PM »

Yeah you’re bitching. Take it back if you’re not satisfied with the products so they are aware of it.

Whatever, I think it's fair to bitch if I'm scammed, haha. I'd love to take it back, I don't drive and it's a real burden to go all the way there and back by transit, that would take me 2.5 hours once all said and done to go there and back. I've used half of it up in a few hours. I'd rather just take the $28 loss and maybe help others from dealing with the same problem. They are aware of it, I know they aren't stupid. Anyway, rant long over, horse is long beaten.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:47 PM »

Scammed? ::)

redder

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2018, 06:17:57 AM »

Who shops for roe in April/May and expects quality batches? ::)

I think customers would expect quality. The product sells for the same price as in prime months.

It is like saying who expects a quality breakfast when ordered at noon in a restaurant.

Shinny

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »

I think customers would expect quality. The product sells for the same price as in prime months.

It is like saying who expects a quality breakfast when ordered at noon in a restaurant.

I’ve had lots of quality breakfasts at noon. It’s called “brunch”

tnt

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 10:03:23 AM »

Whatever, I think it's fair to bitch if I'm scammed, haha. I'd love to take it back, I don't drive and it's a real burden to go all the way there and back by transit, that would take me 2.5 hours once all said and done to go there and back. I've used half of it up in a few hours. I'd rather just take the $28 loss and maybe help others from dealing with the same problem. They are aware of it, I know they aren't stupid. Anyway, rant long over, horse is long beaten.

you sure play a good victim card... its roe, no different than any other bait, inspect it first, and if you truly think that in may you will quality roe than buy the uncured from robs baits and do it yourself. 
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

AaronWilde

• Teh Fishes
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »

you sure play a good victim card... its roe, no different than any other bait, inspect it first, and if you truly think that in may you will quality roe than buy the uncured from robs baits and do it yourself.

Call it what you want, people keep replying, and I keep defending my stance. The thread could've been done long ago but people keep defending Berries and pointing at me. I'm not in the wrong here. I got swindled and I bitched, big deal. Yes, I guess I have to open up the roe in the store and inspect it first as I should expect to be swindled I suppose - that's how business is now I see.

That's like selling me a car that you say is decent and then I find out it's broken afterwards - yes I should've taken the time to inspect it before buying, but I didn't think a supposedly reputable tackle shop would do such to people. They sold me popped eggs and I found out the hard way.

Shame on me for not checking and also shame on them for selling people that.

Talk about dragging this on.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:15:25 PM by AaronWilde »

poper

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 04:18:52 PM »

Try useing a bait loop to keep it on your hook.  ;D

joska

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »

This is beats the television... get this kid some crylenol maybe some sadvil...  A wahburger and French cries.... I started out barfishing with skanky salted berrys roe from a gas station and Brownsville pub.
Tnt excellent suggestion.

If you don't like the fish your catching... change the bait!!

AaronWilde

• Teh Fishes
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2018, 06:42:47 AM »

This is beats the television... get this kid some crylenol maybe some sadvil...  A wahburger and French cries.... I started out barfishing with skanky salted berrys roe from a gas station and Brownsville pub.
Tnt excellent suggestion.

I wish I was as cool as you (not). No one cares what you started off with. Im glad you enjoyed roe thst reminded you of your mother. Crawl back to your rock
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:46:13 AM by AaronWilde »

fisherforever

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 07:03:31 AM »

This is ridiculous, someone please call him a wambulance. You need to go back to Sharphooks and stay there!!!

AaronWilde

• Teh Fishes
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »

This is ridiculous, someone please call him a wambulance. You need to go back to Sharphooks and stay there!!!

When I reply, you make pathetic overused crying jokes, yet the only reason I reply is because you taunt me to? Are you slow, or just dense? This thread could have ended long ago. If you trash talk, I'm going to reply. Pretty simple. Telling me overused crying jokes on an online forum where you want me to stop, isn't a good way to get me to stop replying. Obviously? The cycle continues? You're a intelligent and respectable human being.

You need to go back under your rock and stay there.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:13:04 AM by AaronWilde »

sbc hris

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 10:27:12 AM »

They’re only poking you because you keep responding. It’s become a game. I suggest being the bigger person and letting the thread die. I don’t see any problem with your initial gripe, I would be pissed too. We’ve probably all been in a similar situation; I sure know I have. So take it as a lesson learned and stop feeding the vultures  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2018, 10:49:44 AM »

I wish fish would bite as easily as this.