Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Good start & surprising results so far NHL 17/18 playoffs.  (Read 40254 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Good start & surprising results so far NHL 17/18 playoffs.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »

How come FA Nova TNA others did not post on playoffs??? Some complained about Chris not commenting. And now even FA has CHRISvirusbacteria!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Anyways .... pens lose to Caps 4-3 in a very close game. Caps lead 2-1 in series.
Jets take it to Preds even though they got behind in this game 3-0. I had to make supper & could hear the cheering so I thought there was a fight or something. Went & checked & it was 3-3 !!! What 2 quick goals to make it 3-3 !!! No wonder they fans were going nuts. Jets were very aggressive & the Preds put their tails between their legs. Sorry but that showed me the Preds are scared of these guys.
Now I hope the Jets take this series so in turn I hope either Sharks or Knights will give them a hockey lesson they will not forget. If the Jets try to push around the Sharks or Knights it will be tit for tat.
I know the Jets are the only Canadian team but their are some total JERKS on that team & no respect from me. Oh they have desire skills on & on but...
My real respect & admiration of a team is totally the Knights. They are always moving & go steady steady steady...when the forwards have the puck they are skating hard & the other two forwards skate hard & look for open ice and then options develop. Pass or keep skating with the puck & go for the net or shoot ...did anyone see the goal by the Knights the other night. Shot or pass from the blue line & a Knight player deflected the shot at a L angle or 90 degrees in one motion & it goes to his teamate on the far side of the net. He pots it in ( wide open net ) even the Great One & Mario L ,The Flower,Espo, Howe on & on never had a bang bang play like that!!!! Well ok maybe. ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2018, 10:38:44 AM »

Unreal game ! Great comeback by the Jets. Go Jets Go !

arimaBOATER

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2018, 11:11:01 AM »

Unreal game ! Great comeback by the Jets. Go Jets Go !
Ouch!
I am writing off the Preds as they are toast. In all my hockey years there is zero chance 0% that they will win this series against the Jets. ZERO totally ZERO.
They had no answer to the Jets comeback.
Ok FA if Jets get into the finals ,I'll mourn for a day or two that the Knights/Sharks got kicked out & I'll cheer for Jets if they face Pens.
But if Jets vs Caps then will cheer for both teams.  ;D
But Manitoba / Canada some what really have lots of cheering fans !!!!!! Over flow crowds watching outside tv screens etc...

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »

I am writing off the Preds as they are toast. In all my hockey years there is zero chance 0% that they will win this series against the Jets. ZERO totally ZERO.

Speaking of sticking your neck out ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2018, 07:06:14 PM »

Tampa Bay defeats Boston 3-1 to take a 2-1 lead in their series. Sweet !

arimaBOATER

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2018, 07:51:22 PM »

Tampa Bay defeats Boston 3-1 to take a 2-1 lead in their series. Sweet !
Would of liked to watch this game between Tampa Bay & Boston.
Understand the goalie for Tampa stood on his head in either first or second period stopping lots of quality chances so Boston kinda got so disappointed they barely did squat in period 3.
Knowing those Bruins they are really grouchy & moody right now. ( give them a baby bottle ) Tamps has home advantage again.
TNA a fan of Nashville has not posted anymore on his team. I think he sees 20/20 now that without Neale ( now with Vegas ) they lost lots of their offence. Winnipeg has rough housed the Preds ( bullied them ) and they just took it. When the Jets rough house you the deal is give it back immediately.
Ref will just send two players off to the sin bin.
Gee the Sharks are on fire tonight. 2-0 after the first period. Knights did have some chances & one shot hit the post. Long way to go in this game. Have a feeling after tonight this series will be tied 2-2.
Both these teams have "balls". These Sharks are good. Go Knights go !!!!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 10:02:17 PM »

4-0 Sharks over Knights.  Series tied 2-2.
Jones gets shutout & #1 STAR .
Knights a least should of had 2 goals with their chances.
Posts / good saves. (34 saves)
Gotta like both these character teams. Both have so many character players.
Best outta 5 now.
When the smoke clears maybe whatever teams moves on will be so beat up they will be easy pickings in round 3. 
Worst game by the Knights by far. They were due for a bad one because they have played so hard & good. A series has it's up & downs & this loss with bad teams they keep going down ( skid) but with a good team a bad loss only lights the fire & they come back with a great effort.
And the game is in Vegas & so there will be high energy.
Sharks are going to want to score early to deflate the crowd & the Knights in game 5.
Prediction: Vegas wins by 2 goals.
If the Stanley Cup is between Jets & Bruins expect a super dirty hard hitting fighting boarding slashing hair pulling choking eye gouging series...... sweat the blood & the beer. The games will be like the fight in the song : The boy named Sue.  ;D  but Bruins I do not believe can get to the finals. Jets if they keep it going has a good chance.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:08:13 PM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2018, 08:53:28 AM »

Honestly I hope the Predators beat the Jets & kick them out. Jets are a good team but they have players that only Jets fans will love or the player's mother.
Nashville had very likeable players. Boo Jets Keep it up Nashville.  ;D

So there was some information on twitter about a guy that was sitting in Nashville near the Jet's bench and they were chirping Byfuglien.  There were some Jet's fans sitting behind this guy and the guy would yell something about how Byfuglien and these fans would laugh.  Toward the end of the game, they told this guy they were Byfuglien's parents and loved it.  So, not even sure their parent's love them :)

TNAngler

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2018, 08:58:48 AM »

And sorry I've been gone.  Been a couple really busy days.  Our last second period sucked, bad.  Despite that, we were still tied.  It took getting called for 3 consecutive penalties and completely losing our composure to give up a single goal for them to take the lead.  We spent close to half of the third period down a man.  Yes, it was horrible and we can't play like that and we can't afford another period like the 2nd but given all of that, it was still within reach.  We stay out of the box, keep the pedal down and don't let them get back into the game, I'm not counting us out yet.  Tonight's game will likely be the deciding game.  Preds win, series tied 2-2 and home ice in Nashville will be huge and I think the Preds take it.  Jets win tonight, I don't think we can win 3 in a row and so likely Jets take it.  I have seen all year how the Preds have had a stinker of a game, really struggled, pulled their head out of their you know what and come out the next game and completely dominated (see game 6 against Colorado for a good example of that).  If they do that and keep that attitude, Jets are done.  For some reason we have had serious problems keeping that attitude though.  I think we will have it tonight though.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »

And sorry I've been gone.  Been a couple really busy days.  Our last second period sucked, bad.  Despite that, we were still tied.  It took getting called for 3 consecutive penalties and completely losing our composure to give up a single goal for them to take the lead.  We spent close to half of the third period down a man.  Yes, it was horrible and we can't play like that and we can't afford another period like the 2nd but given all of that, it was still within reach.  We stay out of the box, keep the pedal down and don't let them get back into the game, I'm not counting us out yet.  Tonight's game will likely be the deciding game.  Preds win, series tied 2-2 and home ice in Nashville will be huge and I think the Preds take it.  Jets win tonight, I don't think we can win 3 in a row and so likely Jets take it.  I have seen all year how the Preds have had a stinker of a game, really struggled, pulled their head out of their you know what and come out the next game and completely dominated (see game 6 against Colorado for a good example of that).  If they do that and keep that attitude, Jets are done.  For some reason we have had serious problems keeping that attitude though.  I think we will have it tonight though.

Good assessment. You're still welcome to attend the parade in June. :)

TNAngler

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »

Good assessment. You're still welcome to attend the parade in June. :)
Last year we had that killer instinct until we played Pittsburgh.  This year they are having trouble with it for some reason.  You never know though.

Heck, after the first Vegas Sharks game, Vegas was going to take it easy.  Now.... definitely not the case.  Same with the Caps first loss. but now the Caps are up in the series.  Both us and the Jets have goalies that can get hot and completely shut down any offense with the proper defense in front of them for multiple games.  They have the edge currently but if the Preds show up hungry this could still be fun.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2018, 10:51:49 AM »

TNA you know FA & others are really pulling for the Jets. Guess I should too as I've got tons of relatives in Manitoba who are Jet fans. ( if they knew I was not cheering for the Jets ...they would hold a serious grudge. They take their hockey very serious. )
Honestly it was such a melt down by the Preds I really think deep in their hearts they have given up.
They know they will have to put out 150% energy to Jets 100% to beat them. Then they know there would be two more rounds...that's a big mountain. But but but ...maybe they really are angry at these Jets & they would consider it an honour & feather in their helmet to kick this team out.
As ya said tonight's game will show what both teams are made of. The series is the end product not an individual game. Maybe the Preds will surprise as ya said they can have a really stinker game & then dominate the next one. As the Bible verse goes " as a man thinks so is he "
Think negative the man is negative ...think unforgiveness the man is bitter & hurt ...but think positive the man is hopeful.  If the Preds can get in the mindset ...the last game is water under the bridge...now let's go to war tonight boys...so it's also as a team thinks so they are...
But if the Jets & Preds both think that way something has to give.  ;D
TNA will be a cheering & so too FA & others..but for the other team.
Yep the Preds need to be hungry & want it.

TNAngler

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »

Yeah, I know I am in the likely minority here and don't begrudge anybody for rooting for the Jets.

That being said, I think last game we likely saw 80-90% effort from the Preds in the first period and then assuming they had it in the bag and dropped to 50% expecting to cruise.  We haven't seen 100% effort from the Preds and I fully believe with 100% effort, there isn't a team in the NHL that can beat them.  I don't know why we haven't and I'm hoping last game woke that up in them.  There have been a couple games during the regular season where we did see that effort.  Most of the time it came after a real stinker.  The next game...... it wasn't fun being the other team, lowest shot total on the year, completely shut out, 2-3 high danger shots all night, and their goalie feeling like he is the ball picker up at a driving range just getting peppered all night.  Please lets see those Preds tonight.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

Ok I am in total shock. TNA insights are coming true before our eyes. He stated his Preds can play a total stinker game but rebound & totally dominate any team in the NHL team.
The Jets look so deflated or 1/2 the team they were 2 days ago.
Preds are also more aggressive & it is the Jets with their tails between their legs.
It's like the two teams changed uniforms.
What will the 3rd period hold?
If Jets get a goal it will change this game quickly.
Nashville who what are you guys???? Twight light Zone.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »

Jets will regroup and win the next one. No need to panic