Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Washington state rivers steelhead fishing

<< < (2/2)

Silex-user:
One the Wa. Southwest river I fishing a lot is the Kalama river. The upper section up to boundary hole is like cross between Chehalis river canyon and mid section section of Chilliwack river. U.S fisherman here tend to b.bing a lot. There are some guys bobber fished. The guys in drift boats I see in lower river used plug fishing, bobber doggin or b.bing. I do see some them bar fished or plunking in deep runs.

The first time I fished this river I hired a guide and 70% of time we used plugs like Mag Lip size 4/0 with 2 treble barb less hooks. It legal with 2 barb less hooks. Other 20% setup is using  coon shrimp/spin glo comb. with trailing double barb less hook and finally last method was he handed me a short spinning rod to b.bing with roe.

The guide would not let me used my float rod because he said it not fair to other paying customer newbie fisherman I am with. I never even got bite but the newbie got A-run hatchery steelhead about 6lbs on plug lure.

The fishing pressure on this river is pretty scarce the most bank fisherman I encounter is maybe 7 then again I don't fished on weekends. Plus there are lots of other rivers around within 1 hours driving distance from this river.

Silex user

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version