Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Freshwater recreational license surveys?  (Read 2172 times)

DanL

• Old Timer
Freshwater recreational license surveys?
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »

Searching through the old emails I notice I get chosen to participate in the online tidal recreational fishing survey almost every year going back to 2013 for my tidal license.

To my recollection I have never been surveyed for my freshwater license. I'm wondering if they even do such surveys? I've seen seen some FFSBC presentations where they talk about license renewal rates, demographics etc, but I guess that can be gained from license purchasing info. I would be interested if they are collecting any monitoring data, and would opt into such a program if they have one.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:38:24 AM by DanL »

mikeyman

Re: Freshwater recreational license surveys?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »

Wow since 2103? Wheres the DeLorean? Fire up the flux capacitor lets go! How did the survey go? I assume there is still fish in 85 years and we havent annihilated ourselves yet. That is great news! Can we download our brains yet and hope for immortality?
I get a freshwater steelhead survey every year and send my response. Asked how many you catch. Wild. Hatch. Location. Kept. Released etc. Be cool to see the results.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:14:06 PM by mikeyman »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:29:49 PM »

I get a freshwater steelhead survey every year and send my response. Asked how many you catch. Wild. Hatch. Location. Kept. Released etc. Be cool to see the results.

IIRC correctly the results from the previous year are printed on the back of each year's survey  ;D

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:04:41 AM »

--BC government...including this one so far...does not want information. They don't have enough staff to view it and they would rather have their heads in the sand than deal with real information.
--Generally, fishers are begging to help but the government would rather do its' own thing...ie nothing much.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:36 AM »

--BC government...including this one so far...does not want information. They don't have enough staff to view it and they would rather have their heads in the sand than deal with real information.
--Generally, fishers are begging to help but the government would rather do its' own thing...ie nothing much.

They have no money or people. They have lots of stuff that’s been shelved that in need of analysis.

Read Bob Hooton”s blog he does a great job of explaining it.