Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Steelhead conditions  (Read 131648 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack Steelhead conditions
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2018, 05:20:02 AM »

The river level chart shot up so if the heavy rain continues overnight, weekend fishing may be toasted. Sigh!
Yes you are probably correct, up 4 inches overnight. :'( I will check it later this morning and report back.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2018, 12:14:01 PM »

Just got in, condition good but none in the hour I fished, may go back out after lunch.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 12:45:18 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: January 14, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »

Slipped out before church for an hour this am conditions were very good, better than yesterday but nothing. A snow melt is on  as fairly warm now with a wind so hope it holds for anyone that would like to get out this afternoon. I may take my own advice and give it a try as only 5 minutes away. ;D ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: January 14, 2018, 01:51:10 PM »

Have you bought buck his breakfast yet ?;D

Jk47

« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2018, 05:38:19 PM »

Tough fishin out there. And pretty busy today. But beautiful water. Fished all day yesterday and today, must have walked 20 km’s This weekend without a fish. Wait, 1 rainbow. Heard of a few caught yesterday, and saw a guy walking out with a mirror chrome steelhead of about 6-7 lbs. this afternoon. They’re in there, I guess I just haven’t quite put in my mandatory 100 hrs of fishing-before-I-get-a-fish yet this season!  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »

Have you bought buck his breakfast yet ?;D
This week, do you want to join us but you will have to buy your own, if, you can afford it as Fish Farms shares are dropping.lol

Even though was a mild day the river held right to dark. Got to the run I was fishing but people where throwing rocks into it. :-X

A bright spot a lady was going along the river picking up garbage some people have left behind, I got a coffee cup and three beer tins, 30 cents to help buy buck breakfast. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2018, 12:20:20 PM »

River still holding, better get out there before the rain comes. I went for an hour after duck hunting which was more successful than the fishing. 3 plump mallards which I find good eating, maybe more than a steelhead. Of course sometimes you get fish and duck combined, not tasty. ::)

Jk47

« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2018, 05:04:28 PM »

DuckFish...?  :o

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »

Conditions were okay. About 2 feet vis in the lower. Word on the street is a pod of fish came through for the weekend guys and there was some killed around the Peach Rd area. The upper had better visibility but still a little coloured from the the Ranger slide. Fished all day and did not see a fish or talk to anyone that had any luck. Be back out tomorrow.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2018, 08:50:28 PM »

ducks are known to eat loose rancid salmon eggs and bits.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

Called Fishy Duck.lol

cammer

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #116 on: January 16, 2018, 12:02:41 AM »

Seen mallards beeking- down rotting chum. Nasty smelling quacks alright, nothing beats Prairie birds for taste or northern, s.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: January 16, 2018, 06:28:59 AM »

Seen mallards beeking- down rotting chum. Nasty smelling quacks alright, nothing beats Prairie birds for taste or northern, s.
Yes I have been bagging them in a corn field so they have not been meat eaters, so far. ;D I see it is 10 degrees this AM and river is still on the rise. I have a good feeling I will get a fish today, if the river is still in. Warmer weather should make the fish more willing to chow down on my offering.

I should be getting close as one fish on for 6 or 7 hour of fishing time. Where are the days when I would fish all day maybe I will fish half a day today. :-\

Jk47

« Reply #118 on: January 16, 2018, 07:26:50 AM »

Good luck Chris, I’ll be sending you fishy vibes from work  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2018, 12:37:19 PM »

Water was OK, not as good as yesterday, hardly anyone fishing maybe because lack of fish, fished some great water. Madea dollar on tins that people had thrown away or washed down down from above. Also one half can of WD 40 should have sprayed on my chum bait. Back out after lunch and a nap. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 05:28:54 PM by chris gadsden »