Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which new CP rod?  (Read 12552 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: Which new CP rod?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 08:19:05 PM »

Alright! Better late than never. Assuming these damn attachments work here are some pics of my new Rainshadow. Absolutely love the rod and the build. Turned out perfect! So light in the hand. Have only had it out twice and have not caught a steelhead on it yet, but it will happen soon when I have more time to get out, I promise.

Blackrt03

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 10:49:22 PM »

Nice rod SS... like the cork design. How much does it weight?

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2018, 09:04:50 AM »

Just the rod its self built up? I'm not sure, but I could weigh it without the reel if you want to know.

Overall it feels quite light in the hand. Definitely lighter than the 10'6 HMX pin rod I had the reel on before.

Blackrt03

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »

Just the rod its self built up? I'm not sure, but I could weigh it without the reel if you want to know.

Overall it feels quite light in the hand. Definitely lighter than the 10'6 HMX pin rod I had the reel on before.

Just the rod it self...Thanks

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 08:52:26 AM »

I took the reel off the rod. Carefully laid it across my digital food scale and made sure no parts of the rod were touching my work bench to screw up the scale. Picked the rod up and replaced it several times to make sure I got the same measurement. Each time got the same weight. 9.2 oz for the rod.

In case anyone cares my 4.5 inch Cambell reel weights 12.3 oz spooled up with backing and line. The backing and line weighs more than you'd think! The reel weighs 10.3oz empty, so that's almost 2oz the backing and mono adds.

The reel/rod combo balances unbelievably well in the hand. Feels almost weightless. Not the slightest bit tip heavy. Couldn't be happier with it.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 02:42:01 PM »

Couldn't be happier with it.
Happy to hear that SS,  it's always good to have a satisfied customer  :D