Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: West coast spinning rod  (Read 6422 times)

Birkenhead

Re: West coast spinning rod
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 12:50:12 PM »

Welcome back, Birkenhead!

Thanks, but don't get used to it. The only reason I came out of exile - so to speak and replied was because I happen to have the same rods that KarateKick was asking about. But more importantly, the mention of his child in the hospital and the wanting to keep the child motivated and learning. I won't go into detail, but I can sure empathize with how difficult that situation is and can be.

- Back to self imposed exile.

KarateKick

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 01:50:26 PM »

But more importantly, the mention of his child in the hospital and the wanting to keep the child motivated and learning. I won't go into detail, but I can sure empathize with how difficult that situation is and can be.

The kids were delighted by the information provided.  Your temporary appearance was valuable and appreciated.

KarateKick

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »

Ya..totally agree with the ugly stik..They are durable yet affordable rods..I've had the 9' GX2 spinning (4-20 lb rated, lure rating 1/8-3/4 oz) for a few years now and it has served me well..I use it mainly for general saltwater, tidal fraser, and occasionally freshwater. I've landed everything with this rod from small trout and flounder up to pinks and cohos. I have not really tested it on chum (though I'm sure it can handle one)..my 10'6" trophy xl gets all the chum action and so far it has not broken on me yet (knock on wood  :-X).

Berrys Bait has the Ugly Stik GX2 for $64, plus an Elite model for $100:

http://www.berrysbait.com/products/1/0/0/1/rods-215/ugly-stik-gx2-ussp-2pc-spin-20065.aspx
http://www.berrysbait.com/products/1/0/0/1/rods-215/ugly-stick-elite-2pc-salmonsteelhead-spin-series-21767.aspx

I guess you've need the Elite model for performance comparable to the Convergence?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:44:20 PM by KarateKick »