Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 149832 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Are you referring to the upper river level above Slesse Creek?  Lower end is still above 2.3.  Pretty dang high.
X 2, I think he misread the Discharge graph.
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

River level drop tapered off overnight and is still a bit on the high side, water vis. is probably around 1 to 2ft.

DRP79

Already some heavy showers in Langley this morning. Graph isnt showing a spike as of yet. To head out or not, hmm.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River level dropped a bit more overnight and water vis. stayed pretty much the same, maybe slightly clearer. More consistent fishing this morning.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Already some heavy showers in Langley this morning. Graph isnt showing a spike as of yet. To head out or not, hmm.
Water is great and should stay in all day as cool out, I got to the river late as too busy picking up tins and some garbage, also visiting with a forum member. Did not know where to start but tried a familiar spot and on the third cast a large chum buck takes the Maple Leaf DNE down. With no fresh fish for a while I kept it , maybe a little dark but last year we found them fairly good table fare when cooked on the BBQ. Of course "Good On The  Smoker", they say. :P  ;D I also missed 2 in the 30 minutes I fished as I was to meet up with Terry to discuss, FVSS issues, the latest on fish farms, the political scene in BC and gravel extractions problems on the Chilliwack Vedder as the province and FOC keep putting off meetings with us, I think they have cancelled 6 planned meeting now over the last 6 months but we will not let them off the hook so to speak.

We have the evidence they did not do the extraction in a proper manner. Of course gravel extraction in any river is not good for fish habitat.

Back on topic, a friend came in just as I was going to leave so i fished a few minutes more and he landed a very bright chinook, may put the picture up on the FVSS FB page later

Trying to decide if I should go back out or go out the the evening flight for the first duck hunt of the season. The beauty of living 5 minutes from the river. Of course a nap would be nice too as the 15 pound chum tired me out some. ;D ;D

I would like to get a coho before the season is over. Decide after the power nap.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River level dropped a bit more overnight and water vis. stayed pretty much the same, maybe slightly clearer. More consistent fishing this morning.

No wonder you did not answer the phone when I called you this morning. ;D ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Phone died while I was fishing this morning actually, just saw it after it was recharged, will respond soon. ;D

jeff

I was at lickman today and noticed a lot of chum with different looking tags on them. They were a few different colours. Does anyone know what they are from?
Enjoying the water..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

They had tagged them and will do a dead pitch count later to get a population estimate. Most likely a contractor would be doing the work for FOC.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Phone died while I was fishing this morning actually, just saw it after it was recharged, will respond soon. ;D
OK, always recharge your phone at night.

DRP79

I headed up river and the conditions were quite nice. No coho or chinook but a couple of hefty chum girls was a nice slump buster. Was a bit chilly for sure.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Fake News ! Rodney just doesn't want you to know his secret spot. ;D

fic

• Old Timer

There is another 50mm rain in the forecast between now and tomorrow. Wonder how long the water can stay in shape.

clarki

• Old Timer

I count 11 fish. Who's the yutz who didn't get their limit?😉
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:42:06 PM by clarki »

Blackrt03

Nice job Rod!