Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Lower Fraser Pink Report

(1/3) > >>

Fish Assassin:
Fished the afternoon high tide. Not a soul fishing. Guess the non-retention rule has discouraged some anglers from going out. ;) No sign of pinks. Heard a huge splash on my right as I retrieving my lure. Too big to be a pink. Could be a chinook or chum but likely a sturgeon. Water clarity excellent; 18 inches.

wildmanyeah:
Last sunday was dead at the Mouth of the Fraser the week before it was really good fishing. Given the decline in the Whonnock test fishery I'd say that the good pink fishing is done for the Tidal Fraser at least below Langley. 

Move onto Chum,Chinook and Coho

Thanks for the report

TimL:
Fraser near Coquitlam river mouth was dead this evening..no signs of fish and no one catching.

Aurora:
Fished this morning first light at various locations in the valley.  Saw about 10 salmon surface (jump porpoise or fin). 3 seals.  No bites.

Rieber:

--- Quote from: Fish Assassin on September 14, 2017, 05:11:24 PM ---Fished the afternoon high tide. Not a soul fishing. Guess the non-retention rule has discouraged some anglers from going out. ;) No sign of pinks. Heard a huge splash on my right as I retrieving my lure. Too big to be a pink. Could be a chinook or chum but likely a sturgeon. Water clarity excellent; 18 inches.

--- End quote ---

Might have been a large Bull Trout but likely a Beaver.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version