Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Ambleside from shore

(1/1)

AaronWilde:
Been out a few times this week for first light at ambleside. Today was a beautiful low tide coinciding with first light which youd think would be deadly but of about 10 of us on the beach no one had a sniff. Didnt even see a rise. About 7 boats showed up at 8am and started trolling out of casting distance and 2 of them hooked up with what seemed to be one coho and one chinook.

Its been a tough year down there. Tides look amazing over the next few days.. may try again. Figured it wouldnt hurt to let anyone who was wondering know how its been.. lost one 2 weeks ago and been 4 times since. No ones had any hooked that ive seen since the one I lost 2 weeks ago. Note to self: never use a blade/clevis on mono. Not even thick mono. I used it as a last resort as I forgot my other ones ar home.

On Sunday for the first time this summer about 40 boata showed up to troll and in the first 4 hours of daylight i saw about 5 of them hook up with fish.

Will update if I go again..

So there you have it... cheers :)

Edit: cell phone typos

MetalAndFeathers:
Even the river is devoid of fish. Fished a big pool next to a couple guys chucking roe and nobody hit a fish. Heard the same from the upper river

ninez:
Thanks.  Appreciated

Fish Assassin:
Bait ban currently in effect.

AaronWilde:

--- Quote from: MetalAndFeathers on September 17, 2017, 06:37:06 PM ---Even the river is devoid of fish. Fished a big pool next to a couple guys chucking roe and nobody hit a fish. Heard the same from the upper river

--- End quote ---

I havent been to the north shore since my report however a friend of mine told me the opposite : rivers got plenty of fish. Mostly snaggers getting them but apparently one hit a spinner on someones mainline (not flossing or snagging). Who knows. Even with the small release of the dam its too low for my liking. How many feet before the weirs blow down anyway? 2 or 3?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version