Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River  (Read 59030 times)

Rieber

• Old Timer
Re: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2017, 09:30:20 AM »

So there must be rods in the water by now - maybe not quite yet.

Wonder how their prizes will be awarded:
* First fish
* Largest Spring
* Largest Jack Spring
* Smallest Jack
* First Sockeye
* Hook furthest from the mouth.

Who will receive the ceremonial ticket for fishing for species out of season?

Who will receive the first boat confiscation?

The group is there and the demonstration is going to take place regardless of any further opposition. Dang, I hope nobody hooks a Sockeye otherwise you'll never see a limited/species targeted opening by Bar fishing only during the presence of protected/restricted species.

Does anyone have any live news on the event?

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »

I remember watching a protest fishery at the Brownsville Bar in the 90's, fishery officers were there undercover for a while watching, then the uniformed guys came down and ticketed a load of people and confiscated all their gear. Sure hope everyone left their Sage rods and fancy reels at home...

Tylsie

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2017, 10:43:49 AM »

A bit late, but I just read the BCWF email regarding this. I am extremely disappointed that the Fed decided to put out a public statement condemning this Demonstration. I agree that should not support it, but to actually come out and condemn it... Would of been best to have no comment. Fishermen and women do not need special "authorization" to legally fish. The Fraser River is not closed to fishing! There are an abundance of species to fish for, many of which can be successfully caught bar fishing. Though some may not like the purpose behind the Demonstration Fishery it is breaking no laws, and will provide solid evidence. Evidence that the DFO and the FLNRO have refused any attempt at gathering themselves.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »

A bit late, but I just read the BCWF email regarding this. I am extremely disappointed that the Fed decided to put out a public statement condemning this Demonstration.

Is there a link? I'm sure many would be interested in reading the response.

Tangles

« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »

So there must be rods in the water by now - maybe not quite yet.

Wonder how their prizes will be awarded:
* First fish
* Largest Spring
* Largest Jack Spring
* Smallest Jack
* First Sockeye
* Hook furthest from the mouth.

Who will receive the ceremonial ticket for fishing for species out of season?

Who will receive the first boat confiscation?

The group is there and the demonstration is going to take place regardless of any further opposition. Dang, I hope nobody hooks a Sockeye otherwise you'll never see a limited/species targeted opening by Bar fishing only during the presence of protected/restricted species.

Does anyone have any live news on the event?

Why do you have to keep trolling this thread? If you are loosing your sleep so much over this just go down and see for yourself and state your opinion or you could just keep posting anonymous nonsense on internet.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2017, 01:19:06 PM »

Why do you have to keep trolling this thread? If you are loosing your sleep so much over this just go down and see for yourself and state your opinion or you could just keep posting anonymous nonsense on internet.

Why do you worry so much about me? If you are loosing sleep over my words of wisdom why don't you ignore what I post. Can you imagine that I'm so deep into your mind that you had to bring yourself to post what you did? I am truly honored that you think so highly of my preaching that you bless my words with your kindness and care. You are the best and my heart goes out to you.

Sorry, I can't get out to Wellington on my little fly fishing boat otherwise it is a beautiful day and it would be awesome to be out on the Fraser fishing today.

Listen, now that the event is on, I really wish the group all the best in achieving what they hope to accomplish with this demonstration. I was hoping in today's day of technology, there would be some live streaming from a drone camera for those without river boats to witness this.

As for you Tangles, try not to spike up your blood pressure too much over me or my postings - it's really not worth it. My words are just my words and honestly, they shouldn't profoundly move you as much as they do. Try a cool glass of sugar free, orange Metamucil - it should help clear your mind - it works for me.

Cheers,  :-*

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 01:21:03 PM by Rieber »

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2017, 01:52:26 PM »

LOL. Carry on Rieber some of us enjoy your nonsense. Sometimes a little comedic relief is appreciated.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »

LOL. Carry on Rieber some of us enjoy your nonsense. Sometimes a little comedic relief is appreciated.

Rieber,  you rock, Dude! But you are even funnier in person. ;D

Excellent points, but unfortunately if you want to be part of this forum, you have to understand that it's infested with bleeding heart liberal left wingers....

Robert G, I truly hope you have me included me among them. Our Lord Jesus Christ,  the forefather of all of us bleeding heart left wing liberals, must be smiling at you now. :)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2017, 02:21:25 PM »

egg-xactly!
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2017, 02:22:54 PM »

Robert G, I truly hope you have me included me among them. Our Lord Jesus Christ,  the forefather of all of us bleeding heart left wing liberals, must be smiling at you now. :)

bleeding heart liberal...derives directly from the expression, "the bleeding heart of Christ."
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Tylsie

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »

Is there a link? I'm sure many would be interested in reading the response.

This is an excerpt from the email that was sent to members:

"Anglers plan to hold unauthorized fishing demonstration

Recreational fishers frustrated at being shut out on the Fraser River are holding a demonstration selective bar fishery on the Labour Day weekend. The BC Wildlife Federation is sympathetic to the goals of the Fraser River Sportfishing Alliance for selective fisheries, but cannot condone fisheries that are not authorized, demonstration or otherwise.

"We will be taking our concerns to the Minister through Mr. Terry Beech, the Parliamentary Secretary for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans who we are meeting with on September 9th,”stated Harvey Andrusak, president of the BCWF. “We will be suggesting constructive approaches to managing this and other fisheries during times of low abundance of salmon and steelhead."
"

I have proudly been a member of the BCWF since I was a child and will continue to support them! However, in my opinion there was absolutely no need for this. Especially since no laws were even being broken. The only AUTHORIZATION you need to fish the Fraser right now is a valid Fishing License. I am unable to find any hint or suggestion that the the FRSFA and the BCWF are connected in anyway so why the need to distance themselves and throw the FRSFA under the bus? It is great that the BCWF is taking alternate approaches to resolving this issue, but the more the groups and people that speak out the better.

Anyways, I hope the demonstration went well. Lots of Fun was had by all, and plenty of data was collected.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:13:58 PM by Tylsie »

sockeyed

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »

Did anyone make it out? Any fish caught?

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »

any press there?

fisherforever

« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2017, 05:44:20 PM »

On Global at 6pm

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »

I hope they paint a better picture than the news cast I seen yesterday.
Made the protestors sound like a bunch of thugs.