Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thousands of 10-pound Atlantic salmon, people asked tocatch as many as possible.  (Read 17683 times)

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

First Atlantic salmon caught in area 20 test fishery yesterday

Comments:

<Cottonwood GN> Gilled vs. Tangled: Sock Adult: 9 (0), Sock Jack: 1 (0), Pink: 19 (0), Chin Adult: 5 (0). Up to 4
seals observed, one pink destroyed by seals.

<Whonnock GN> Gilled vs. Tangled: Sock Adult: 9 (7), Pink: 31 (10), Chin Adult: 9 (5). Up to 3 seals observed.

<Area 12PS> Set 5 was not representarive, lead line went over corks.

<Area 20PS> Caught 2 Atlantic salmon

fic

• Old Timer

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/escaped-atlantic-salmon-found-in-waters-near-sechelt

Male and female caught and they had eggs.  I am guessing we will get offspring out of these fish.  Since these fish are likely genetically related,  they will be doing it Game of Thrones style.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:59:49 AM by fic »

scouterjames

• Old Timer

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/salmon-saumon-eng.html#gear (Tab on the far right)

What is the Atlantic Salmon Watch Program?

The Atlantic Salmon Watch Program (ASWP) is a research program operated by Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The purpose of the program is to study the abundance, distribution and biology of Atlantic salmon in British Columbia and its adjacent waters. The ASWP monitors reports from commercial and sport catches and observations of Atlantic salmon throughout British Columbia. The program relies on recreational and commercial fishers, fish processors, government and independent field staff and hatchery workers to report observations of Atlantic salmon.

How do you distinguish Atlantic salmon from Pacific salmon?

What should I do if I catch an Atlantic salmon?

Keep the fish and report the capture by calling the ASWP toll-free reporting line at 1-800-811-6010. You will be asked where and when you caught the fish and if you wish to donate the fish or part of it for research purposes. Donation is not mandatory but it does provide valuable samples for our scientific study. For whole fish donation, the entire fish, including entrails, should be frozen or kept on ice. Alternatively, the head and a small portion of the back including scales can be preserved. ASWP staff will arrange for transport of the sample.

Report all captures of Atlantic salmon to: 1-800-811-6010 (toll-free).
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

scouterjames

• Old Timer
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

scouterjames

• Old Timer