Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Public Service Annoucment  (Read 6601 times)

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Public Service Annoucment
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 07:20:19 PM »

I don't know about a charlatan.  Most of his resources and recipes are free.

Many people don't understand glycemic index, the chemical effect of sugars and grains on the body etc.  Lots of good info gleaned from his podcasts.  The "whole grains are good for you" myth and so forth.

But yeah, money to be made with fad diets and selling books for sure.  I just like he goes about the education piece.

Some good NSNG recipes here if anyone is interested;

http://annavocino.com/category/recipe-box/

I've done the spaghetti squash carbonara recipe there, as well as the cauliflower rice.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2017, 07:45:02 PM »

The "whole grains are good for you" myth and so forth.

Why do you think it is a myth?

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »

I've started to change up big time. Breakfast is a multi grain outmeal with blueberries and 2 - 3 ounces of egg whites. Lunch is lean non processed poultry, raw vegetables and maybe a piece of fruit. Dinner is lean meat of some kind - trying to eat more fish, some steamed vegetables - hold the dessert. IF I eat bread, it's a multigrain. In the short time that I've been doing this, eating well and some diuretics have blown off 15 pounds. As most of my problem is electrical and as far as I know, not plumbing, when and if the arrhythmia gets settled down I should be ok. I can now walk a few blocks and not get completely gassed. So many pills though. Not being able to work sucks, but I hired a pretty good guy to cover for me while I go on this adventure.
Cardiologist on Friday and I should have a better idea wher this is going. :)

http://

arimaBOATER

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2017, 09:56:51 PM »

I've started to change up big time. Breakfast is a multi grain outmeal with blueberries and 2 - 3 ounces of egg whites. Lunch is lean non processed poultry, raw vegetables and maybe a piece of fruit. Dinner is lean meat of some kind - trying to eat more fish, some steamed vegetables - hold the dessert. IF I eat bread, it's a multigrain. In the short time that I've been doing this, eating well and some diuretics have blown off 15 pounds. As most of my problem is electrical and as far as I know, not plumbing, when and if the arrhythmia gets settled down I should be ok. I can now walk a few blocks and not get completely gassed. So many pills though. Not being able to work sucks, but I hired a pretty good guy to cover for me while I go on this adventure.
Wow you inspire me !
Keep it up. Good report. Man of action you are.
Hope the cardio meeting goes well.
Many many more years on planet Earth.
15 lbs is a lot of weight ( fat. ) to shed.

sbc hris

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2017, 10:05:43 PM »

Keep that up and you'll be better before you know it! Pills be gone!
A healthy diet gos a long ways in having a healthy body and mind.
You're on the right path  :D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »

Haven't eaten white processed bread for about 15 years. It's whole wheat or multigrain for me.

96XJ

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 10:36:45 AM »

I don't know about a charlatan.  Most of his resources and recipes are free.

Many people don't understand glycemic index, the chemical effect of sugars and grains on the body etc.  Lots of good info gleaned from his podcasts.  The "whole grains are good for you" myth and so forth.

But yeah, money to be made with fad diets and selling books for sure.  I just like he goes about the education piece.

Some good NSNG recipes here if anyone is interested;

http://annavocino.com/category/recipe-box/

I've done the spaghetti squash carbonara recipe there, as well as the cauliflower rice.
The guy is charging $195 per hour ( US $ i presume ) for personal over the phone consultation , all this information is readily available , he says " chocolate milk is bad for you " , umm ya no kidding

Its an educational resource for sure and if you can get a couple of recipes from his site then its all good

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 11:54:34 AM »

Some people are predisposed to high cholesterol and artery clogging regardless of their diet. Others can eat all the fat they want and never have to deal with the issue. Genes are a big factor.
Get blood work done every year and check for lipids and blood sugar. If those are within normal ranges, don't punish yourself by depriving yourself from a treat or two.

And, like someone said...dark chocolate is EXCELLENT (30-40 grams per day, no more!).

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

:) :) :)  I just left my weekly cardiologist appointment - according to him and according to me - I'm doing much better! I'm allowed to get back to work, I can go for as many walks as I can handle and I've lost 28 pounds. His advice to me was to continue on the path I'm taking and instead of a weekly visit, it's now a monthly visit. I do have to take him out for a fly fishing adventure, but that's going to be my pleasure - the man quite literally saved my life. ;) :)
http://

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 11:27:00 AM »

Well done!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 12:29:56 PM »

Good on ya Bill!

arimaBOATER

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2017, 12:12:03 PM »

Well done!
2x great news !  :)
28lbs wow gee I should lose about that much.
Will power plus.
Gotta write a book.
Another diet book to add to the million others in print.
Kiss the wife on non playoff game days & & on playoff game days ; kiss the wife next day.
Pace yourself.