Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette 2017  (Read 40308 times)

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: Alouette 2017
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2018, 05:11:41 PM »

Was out today from 12-3, Water was 5C and all the fish were hugging the bottom.  Got bored so put out a flasher and a hoochie, Caught loch ness monster, line popped out of the clipp, i pick up the rod its bouncing then the fish starts screaming line. go to tighten drag and it popped off. Tried all the usual spots with now luck. Lakes still way too cold

Was just before narrows on the left side/west side, Water depth was 70 feet and rigger set to 25 feet. Wish I would of seen the fish

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2018, 02:15:42 PM »

Those are the fish you remember forever.
Im sure we all have a few that we would have liked to have seen.

Knife

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

The odd large lake trout can be found in 30 foot or less depth in the spring.

Capt. jack

• fishing on piers bc
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2018, 09:28:41 PM »

Nice, That Loch Ness monster was probably 'Mad Mack' himself. I know what your gonna say:
"Who is Mad Mack"? Why he's the Mackinaw that lives in Allouette lake big enough to eat a man whole...

See Jaws, but without the salt water.
"What? Every body knows I drink coffee when I watch sonar"

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2018, 04:05:34 PM »

I thought a Mackinaw was a Haney dinner jacket?

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2018, 12:08:58 PM »

He probably looked a lot like this one from a few a days ago;

;)

Not caught at the narrows though.  Plenty of good spots on the lake, just spread out all over the place, and hard to nail them down.

Getting better at finding fishy water, the down imaging sure helps but with many stumps and debris, it can still be hard to differentaite between structure and fish.

And sometimes, even a larger presentation targeting bulls can be inhaled by the kokanee further hampering the effort.  3-4" spoons with larger hooks still find their way into the mouths of the hungry kokes.

sbc hris

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »

Nice one!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2018, 10:19:16 AM »

Beauty!

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »

Thanks!

Going to give it another go tomorrow.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2018, 11:32:48 AM »

KNOW THE REGULATIONS PEOPLE. AND GENERALLY DO THE RIGHT THING.
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/regulations/docs/1719/fishing_synopsis_2017-19_region2.pdf

I was on the Alouette yesterday, I see a guy trolling in a small 17-18ft bowrider, yellow. I would guess late 90's early 2000's, guy and his wife/GF.

He's trolling off his main (inboard) no kicker. I see what I think is a drift sock off his starboard side, upon closer look he's dragging an effing 5-7lb Bull trout on a stringer. The fish is ALIVE and thrashing around right on the surface. As he passes I get a good look, and say "is that a bull?".

With a big sh1t eating grin he says, "yeah!" and immediately says 1 trout/char over 50cms. I say, "NO NO NO, you HAVE to release that, it is NO RETENTION OF BULLS ON ALOUETTE". He sheepishly turns his boat so I can only see his port side as I am trolling northbound. I can only hope that he was fussing to release it and not shelter himself from my eyes.

Jeez. Then as I get back to the launch to take my boat out of the water at about 2pm as the wind is picking up, two dumbasses doing donuts and ripping around in the 8km/hr area out front of the launch. Hard enough with a packed launch and dock with northernly winds to not have to deal with smashing wakes.

Right at the launch there are sighs showing the 8kn/hr area, and NO RETENTION OF BULLS signs. Don't even get me started on people just BLASTING music while sitting at the dock, while crushing beers. On summer days like this, a vist from a park ranger our CO once in a while would go a LONG WAYS.

I've been to Alouette at least 100 times, been checked by a CO once. Never seen a cop or ranger at the actual launch.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2018, 10:48:12 PM »

I was on that lake 2 years ago. I was 100 meters from the launch. Only boat on the water. I had a Ranger yelling at me. I turned around ( wondering wtf I was hearing ) and geared up so i can go talk with this clown. I motored over to the dock and had a sick of a park ranger probe my boat and all my documents for 10min. He was a young, uneducated moron. I schooled him on more than a few rules and regulations. I am sure most BC Park Rangers are great people but that clown on Alouete lake is a total moron.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2018, 12:21:15 PM »

Try the preview if you are going to swear.