Fishing in British Columbia > Members' Fishing Reports

Alouette 2017

<< < (2/15) > >>

wildmanyeah:

--- Quote from: typhoon on April 12, 2017, 03:16:37 PM ---It is certainly not rare for lakes to create a dead layer. Almost every lake in the interior has a thermocline where fish stack up. It's why gang-trolling down the middle of the lake works.
The definition of a thermocline is stratification due to temperature difference. If Gold Creek is oxygenating the lower part of the lake then it would also prevent stratification.

--- End quote ---

ill take some picture of the sounder next time you seem much my knowledgeable about the current conditions. Got any reports? 

poper:
I've found Alouette lake to be no way near as good as it was 4 years ago or so, I have been fishing Stave lake instead and had great success, with bull trout up to 10lbs and catching cut throat and Kokanee as well, give it a try if you can, it's a bit of a boat ride to get out to the fishing grounds.

wildmanyeah:

--- Quote from: poper on April 19, 2017, 08:16:37 AM ---I've found Alouette lake to be no way near as good as it was 4 years ago or so, I have been fishing Stave lake instead and had great success, with bull trout up to 10lbs and catching cut throat and Kokanee as well, give it a try if you can, it's a bit of a boat ride to get out to the fishing grounds.

--- End quote ---

What part of the lake do u fish?

flyrod:
Talked to a fellow fisherman who fished Alouette last week. He caught about an 8 lb laker, 4 kokanee and a rainbow about 2 lbs. Trolling willow leaf and worms primarily. The laker puked up a kokanee about 8 inches in length. He was surprised at hooking the laker on worms.

poper:
I fish the west side of the stave lake, as soon as you get out of the channel, fish the the west side there's a few bays befor the pump house, and even the pump house can be good,Lyman plugs work great, lead line with 20ft of leader, don't be scared to use big plugs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version