Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SNOW = $$$$  (Read 7745 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: SNOW = $$$$
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 03:54:26 PM »

Cold rain won't do anything to the snow besides saturate it. It's been pouring rain in Nanaimo since midnight, but at only 1C, there is still snow even on the highway. It hasn't melted anything on the grass, etc. I bet the snow will stick around for a little while still...
In Richmond this afternoon the melting is in full force. Even some sunshine & temp. is 41 F. ( what is that in C maybe 11 ? . My home temp. weather station is set in F.  )
Steady stream of water flowing at the corner of the roof. Big drips of water coming off the evergreen branches. We have a rather med /big sized 70 ft evergreen tree in the front yard.
In Pt Coq yesterday the wkrs thought ahead & cleaned around the street drains.
Also heard a car spun out & a passenger got killed.  As the police have said "slow down please in these conditions".

ribolovac02

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 04:47:05 PM »

In Richmond this afternoon the melting is in full force. Even some sunshine & temp. is 41 F. ( what is that in C maybe 11 ? . My home temp. weather station is set in F.  )
Steady stream of water flowing at the corner of the roof. Big drips of water coming off the evergreen branches. We have a rather med /big sized 70 ft evergreen tree in the front yard.
Also heard a car spun out & a passenger got killed.  As the police have said "slow down please in these conditions".
[/quote
The spun out car was a few blocks from my house, I was leaving for work 3am and 200 st was closed between 80 th and 72nd in Langley .
Aperantly there was alcohol involved in this accident and very possible the driver will be charged.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

[/quote
The spun out car was a few blocks from my house, I was leaving for work 3am and 200 st was closed
between 80 th and 72nd in Langley .
Aperantly there was alcohol involved in this accident and very possible the driver will be charged.
Alcohol plus snowy slippery driving conditions. Wow. The driver must have one big hangover via alcohol & knowing his passenger is dead.
2x been in veicles where the driver was SUPER drunk. Many moons ago. Hoping I would get outta it alive. Well still here.
Too many get behind the wheel & that are high on alcohol or some other of a long list of drugs.
Temp will be very moderate so soon things should be back to normal.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 12:11:05 AM »

You can forget about anymore snow as I have pulled the snowblower out of storage and tuned it up.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 06:57:56 AM »

You can forget about anymore snow as I have pulled the snowblower out of storage and tuned it up.

Thank you! My wallet has taken a beating this winter.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2017, 12:58:12 PM »

Moved to a dif. house last summer & the storage shed is 1/2 the size. In the rush move just threw things in the shed. Sardine can effect. Only problem is the snow shovel I bought at a 70% discount  :ofrom a closing Target store is packed in there somewhere. :o
Been using a smaller shovel all winter thinking "this had to be the last snow"
Guess I should just open up the shed & pull everything out ( like you did the snowblower. )
As you state " now it will not snow anymore"
       On a side note to my surprise there is still a fair amount of snow hanging around Richmond. Melting a lot slower than I thought it would. Nights have gotten near freezing or below.
The poor souls who traveled thru the mountain passes past Hope / past Merritt got stopped & had to spend the entire night in km s lineup. Freezing rain thus highway was like a sheet of ice.
Crazy. Imagine trying to sleep in your vehicle in that cold. Running the engine/heater on...fuel must of gotten low.
Plus when they were given the green light to continue how safe were they to drive with so lack of sleep?
Canyons & passes still have lots of winter left. It has to be finished hopefully in our area ;D
As mentioned it's a big $$$ for a few but for the majority a hit on their wallet.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »

Anyone caught on the Coquihalla at this time of year and specially when a storm front is the forecast I have no sympathy for.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 01:35:39 AM »

Anyone caught on the Coquihalla at this time of year and specially when a storm front is the forecast I have no sympathy for.

Never you mind you just keep polishing that snow blower and getting it all primed.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 06:48:58 AM »

Surely we can have sympathy for people who make terrible decisions :P

arimaBOATER

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »

Valentine's Day today the day of love. Surely we can have empathy if we have no sympathy.
Unless we are the tin man in The Wizard of Oz movie.
With all the snow you just know the Highway thru Hell reality tv show has lots of film to edit.
Maybe put some film in the can & have excess to do 10 seasons worth.
The latest is not "let it snow" but for the next 2 days starting tonight it will be "let it rain". At least in the Vancouver area. In the mountain passes who knows...more snow I guess.